ADVERTISEMENT

Rock albums that have zero bad songs.....

Dead of winter. Fayettenam, IA, circa 2010. I was visiting a high school friend who'd matriculated to Upper Iowa "University." There was a bar in downtown Fayettenam. On stage was a band of old hippies including one particularly good guitar player. We locked eyes during a rendition of "All Along the Watch Tower." Dude bought me a Miller Lite just because I shouted out Bob Dylan's birth place. I was the big trivia winner that night.
Whoa, that was you?

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Some of you are not following the rules of the OP’s post. No lemons on the entire album. Those that post live albums and greatest hits, IMO are cheating. Many of you are posting great albums, no doubt, but that’s not the thread.

AIC - Dirt

Tracks 1-13. “Iron Gland” is a bit odd at :43 seconds, but I wouldn’t consider that an actual song.

Reactions: HawkeyeGold
Very underrated - eight absolutely great songs. "Your Mother Should Know" is what John Lennon referred to as one of Paul's "granny songs" - not a bad song, but nowhere near the level of the others.

Magical+Mystery+Tour.jpg

"Magical Mystery Tour"
"The Fool on the Hill"
"Flying"
"Blue Jay Way"
"Your Mother Should Know" (might be a clunker)
"I Am the Walrus"
"Hello, Goodbye"
"Strawberry Fields Forever"
"Penny Lane"
"Baby, You're a Rich Man"
"All You Need Is Love"

What I like is when a band inserts a "filler" into an album and it turns out to be a hit.

My favorite Three Dog Night song is one of those.

The band came off tour, cut an album (Seven Seperate Fools) and then went their own ways for some R&R before touring their new album. Only problem was the record company called and said they needed one more song.....

Chuck Negron went scrambling. Didn't have a song or even a band to record it. Called his buddy Kenny Loggins to see if he could help him out. Kenny told him his cousin David had written a song for Kenny to record but it just wasn't right for him to record so he offered it up to Negron.

Loggins got his studio musicians and listened to Negron sing "Pieces of April" and knew it would be a hit and not just filler so they recorded it.

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac-Rumors
Boston-Boston
Cars-Candy-O
Joe Walsh-The Smoker You Want, The Player You Get.

Last edited:
MI0000049966.jpg

MI0000049967.jpg

I contend Desperados Under the Eaves is one of the best unknown rock songs ever written.

Just a great album if you want to delve into or appreciate Warren Zevon's music.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Back in the day I bought this album (3) times cause I kept wearing it out....

Huffamoose - Weve been had again

If you are mid 30s and loved alternative music in hs, do yourself a favor and listen to this album

We've Been Had Again:

220px-FooFighters-TheColourAndTheShape.jpg

The first “song” (only like 1:30 long) is no good... but the rest are all really good.

I also love that Dave Grohl wasn’t happy with the drum tracks laid down by his drummer at the time, so he secretly re-recorded them himself.
Was hoping someone would highlight this album. I've become a big grunge/alternate rock fan the last few years.

If you like the FF in general though, I think the next best album - as a whole - is "Wasting Light". It's highlighted in their Netflix documentary called "Back & Forth". The documentary also talks about Dave's transition from Nirvana after Kurt died. Pretty good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT