ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky Jordan

Sounds like he's tired of following footsteps.

Explains Tom Ryan's constant praise of the Jordan family--still one more to bring into the fold. Hope it's not just Morningstar that's talking with Rocky.

Room for both Sasso and Rocky? Sasso 141, Rocky 149?

Reactions: Knight563
Interesting, he is a quality wrestler, not considered the same level as the other two who were top 10 overall. You know Rocky has been well trained growing up at least.

Take this for what its worth, but Joey Gunther was sitting a row behind me during NCAA semifinal/blood round, I think he was talking with Wilckes mom, and maybe sister or something. But during BoJos semi match, they were talking about Zeke and Bo and I overheard Gunther say something along the lines of this, "Yeah, we're getting a Jordan. Rocky. He loves Morningstar." So I don't know if he meant that we were going after Rocky or if he knew that Rocky is a hard Iowa lean or something. Just thought I would pass it on.

Ohio State has a verbal from Mattox, the 4th ranked 152, interest in David Carr, the 5th ranked 152, and Rocky Jordan, the 14th ranked 152 pounder. (Based on Intermat).
All are juniors and from the state of Ohio.

Take this for what its worth, but Joey Gunther was sitting a row behind me during NCAA semifinal/blood round, I think he was talking with Wilckes mom, and maybe sister or something. But during BoJos semi match, they were talking about Zeke and Bo and I overheard Gunther say something along the lines of this, "Yeah, we're getting a Jordan. Rocky. He loves Morningstar." So I don't know if he meant that we were going after Rocky or if he knew that Rocky is a hard Iowa lean or something. Just thought I would pass it on.

And to think, you didn't even have to pour some truth serum down the gullets of those Hawks in the know.

Plus Marinelli was his practice partner in HS. It'd be a big get for us, unfortunately wouldn't hurt fOSU too badly

Ohio State has a verbal from Mattox, the 4th ranked 152, interest in David Carr, the 5th ranked 152, and Rocky Jordan, the 14th ranked 152 pounder. (Based on Intermat).
All are juniors and from the state of Ohio.
I was thinking late last year how it's too bad ISU sucks so hard, because they would have had a good shot at Carr as a legacy recruit. End of year, upgrade in coach, I would think ISU would be in contention for his talents. His dad was a major stud (as most of you already know), unless I am mistaken 3 NCAA titles.

I hope he doesn't need much money. He is more than welcome but Nelson is coming in as well who should be free and I covet Sasso and an elite 184 recruit a bit more.

Wilcke may pan out at 184 but this weight needs the most insurance at this time IMO.

I was telling someone on another board if his goal is to start and do something in the postseason I couldn't see where he'd fit in at tOSU but I figured if it wasn't us he'd go to Wisconsin where the rest of the family has headed

I hope he doesn't need much money. He is more than welcome but Nelson is coming in as well who should be free and I covet Sasso and an elite 184 recruit a bit more.

Wilcke may pan out at 184 but this weight needs the most insurance at this time IMO.
With as much as the Jordans rake in from their summer camps, i would venture to guess that money will not be the primary motivating factor.

I know he's not in the fold yet, but both SPG recruits (Marinelli and Rocky who I will eternally refer to by his first name if he becomes a Hawk) mention M* but not our program savior and SPG alum David Taylor.............yeah I'm just being a shit.

Sounds like he's tired of following footsteps.

Explains Tom Ryan's constant praise of the Jordan family--still one more to bring into the fold. Hope it's not just Morningstar that's talking with Rocky.

Room for both Sasso and Rocky? Sasso 141, Rocky 149?
Rocky will be 165-174 like Bo

Reactions: andegre
Me and a buddy ran into Micah in front of the Hyatt on Sat night (actually Sunday at 1:30 am). Super nice kid; he was a good sport answering a few of our questions. We asked him about the fact that Rocky named Iowa as a possible choice. He said unequivocally that Rocky would be a Buckeye. FWIW.

I hope David Carr is a Cyclone. I think Dresser is recruiting him. Not sure if he was when at VT, but is now

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
The other Jordan's will be done wrestling there before Rocky would come off redshirt, something to keep in mind.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Me and a buddy ran into Micah in front of the Hyatt on Sat night (actually Sunday at 1:30 am). Super nice kid; he was a good sport answering a few of our questions. We asked him about the fact that Rocky named Iowa as a possible choice. He said unequivocally that Rocky would be a Buckeye. FWIW.
I don't buy it. I'm going with the Gunther rumor as the truth!

The weird thing is that "Ohio" and "Iowa" sounds alike and so does "Buckeye" and "Hawkeye", so it's possible that Micah said "Rocky will be a Hawkeye"

Why in Gods name would you pick Iowa for a free trip?

Carver Ice cream?
306.gif

We should have money to spend at 184 and 285.. although stoll may be consuming a good portion (I would say 1/2 ride) we need to use the other half to get Schultz. I would assume costello is coming for no money.. atleast i hope not
Dillion, I agree that we should look for more heavys, getting a guy like Schultz would be huge and really help our team. But, I also don't think there's any way that we are getting Costello for free. He may not be a Stevenson or a Schultz but he's still a top 10 heavyweight in the nation, and is definitely getting some money.

Dillion, I agree that we should look for more heavys, getting a guy like Schultz would be huge and really help our team. But, I also don't think there's any way that we are getting Costello for free. He may not be a Stevenson or a Schultz but he's still a top 10 heavyweight in the nation, and is definitely getting some money.
Maybe he's getting academic money like at PS or has a rich uncle??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT