ADVERTISEMENT

Romney slams current a past two Admins for Ukraine Crisis

Well, he did call it in 2012. So today is his day to gloat. Hope he enjoys the war during his 'I told you so' moment.
I doubt very much that he’s gloating. It’s just a timeless reminder that there are always going to be enemies. There will never be a single, unified world order. There will be at least two (freedom and authoritarianism).

Seems like an invasion of a sovereign neighbor would go over better under the watch of the bend over guy. Weird Putin waited, I guess.
He was banking on the idea that his help would mean that this would be bend over guy's second term. That's why he worked so hard on his behalf. Not that hard to figure out if you bother to think about it.

Mitt was the only nominee I've ever really liked. I thought he would have been a great President. I'd vote for him a 3rd time

Reactions: TJ8869
And that has exactly what to do with Romney? The nuclear deal with Iran was not in place when Romney and Obama debated each other in 2012. That deal came later. And Romney had nothing to do with Trump scrapping that deal, so I'm not sure why you think it's germane to this discussion.

The bottom line is that Romney was right when he said Russia is our number one geopolitical foe. He was right in 2012 and he is right in 2022.
Nah, it's still China.

What I have learned is as long as Putin only goes into Ukraine he will be left to do what he's doing. So, does China see this and make a move on Taiwan thinking the same will apply to them there? With this going on there... does China make a move soon?

What I have learned is as long as Putin only goes into Ukraine he will be left to do what he's doing. So, does China see this and make a move on Taiwan thinking the same will apply to them there? With this going on there... does China make a move soon?
Taiwan is MUCH more able to defend themselves. In addition, China would have to land troops across the Taiwan Straight to actually "take" Taiwan.

The US Navy would likely get involved in the TS as well.

I think the practicalities of this for China are very limited. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

He's not a Monday morning QB. He's a Saturday morning QB.

He predicted this and warned us in 2012 about this. Then Obama made fun of his prediction and the fawning media and idiot Dems focused on "Binders full of women" instead, and are now scrambling to deflect away from years of malfeasance on the Russian front.
This is accurate, and in regards to Trump, he barely had time to get his feet wet on this front. 8 years of Obama molded it.

Nah, it's still China.

I think it's a tie between China and Russia. Especially if we consider the impact of Russian actions on the peace and security of Europe.
You could make a valid argument for either one, depending on your criteria. The problem for us is that the partnership between the two nations has never been stronger than it is right now.

Russia is going to take control of Kyiv, maybe as soon as today. It’s a foregone conclusion. They’re going to arrest and/or kill every prominent government official who hasn’t already fled the country. They’re going to install a puppet government.

And Putin doesn’t give a shit about NATO sanctions because he can trade goods and resources with China and India.

ADVERTISEMENT