ADVERTISEMENT

Ron DeSantis is sending inflation relief checks after criticizing Biden stimulus

Pretty hard to believe given your posting history on here. So you voted for Obama twice, Hillary, and Biden? Hell even I haven't done that.
Yes…

I liked Obama, disliked Hillary but disliked Trump more. Thought Joe was a mediocre candidate but Trump was worse. Preferred Klobuchar

Last edited:
I'm not even hating on DeSantis here. I agree with what he did and wish he would use tax dollars more this way. On occasion, a Republican will do something I agree with and I can say it. Sadly these moments are few and far between. It doesn't happen the other way around. I'm still waiting to see a Republican start a thread about Biden securing money from Mexico to help with border security. They HAVE to be happy about that development, right?
To me it's like watching a Republican get an abortion. I support their decision to control their own bodies. But man, is it hypocritical and make them look full of shit.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Wow. Who would have guessed Huey Clueless and the News is closer to the desecrations than you? 😳
Then why do we never see bins argue with the MAGAts of this board? Why is he arguing with those of us who hate the MAGAts? He sure seems to be white knighting for DeSantis right now. Can you see why his claim that he is a Dem rings false?

Nope, you’re correct, it is a two-way street. I think I let my personal bias get in the way because I’m so opposed to MAGA and the damage they’ve done to this country that I don’t want to see libs turn anyone away who’d vote against MAGA. Yep, I was using circular reasoning. Dumb take by me.

Good post. Tip of the cap to ya.
No worries. I post dumb stuff all the time. And I completely understand what you mean by not wanting to turn anyone away to vote.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Yes…

I liked Obama, disliked Hillary but disliked Trump more. Thought Joe was a mediocre candidate but Trump was worse. Preferred Klobuchar
I've long said that Joe Biden is basically the George W Bush of the left. Basically a good guy but a gaffe machine with mediocre political skills but has just enough of that charm or let's have a beer appeal to be elected.

Then why do we never see bins argue with the MAGAts of this board? Why is he arguing with those of us who hate the MAGAts? He sure seems to be white knighting for DeSantis right now. Can you see why his claim that he is a Dem rings false?

Never claimed to be a Dem Huey….it’s a 2 party system and I’m not on board with either. Think they’re both hot garbage….

Don’t think MAGATs want the 14th amendment uses on Trump….

yesterday
or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

I think that portion is malleable enough to apply to trump's actions.

He can't be allowed to run again....he simply can't. For the good of the country...

I've long said that Joe Biden is basically the George W Bush of the left. Basically a good guy but a gaffe machine with mediocre political skills but has just enough of that charm or let's have a beer appeal to be elected.
He wasn’t Trump was the main selling point…pretty solid selling point at that

Reactions: srams21
He wasn’t Trump was the main selling point…pretty solid selling point at that
I hope our candidates in 2024 go beyond "Not Trump" and are at least solid. But watch, it will be Biden v. Trump part two. Except both will be even older than before. Ugh.

Never claimed to be a Dem Huey….it’s a 2 party system and I’m not on board with either. Think they’re both hot garbage….

yesterday
I agree both parties are horrible. But three things changed my mind to become a Democrat: 1. I finally realized that voting third party was throwing my vote away 2. The rise of the Tea Party exposed the Republicans for who they truly are which are bitter white supremacists. And 3. The Dems finally supported gay marriage.

The Dems are center right, IMO. And the Rs are closing in on becoming Nazis. The choice is easy for me. I rather not vote Dem but when the other option are literal dictatorial fascists I will push all my chips into the center right party.

I think bins is more reasonable than you give him credit for. And bear in mind you (and other libs) have vociferously attacked me when I’ve expressed nuanced views to the left, and I’ve only voted for Democrats since 2018.

I’m not wrong.
This would be accurate. I've been bombarded a couple of times when I have taken a "Republican" side of an argument and I have voted only Democrat - nationally -since 1996.

I hope our candidates in 2024 go beyond "Not Trump" and are at least solid. But watch, it will be Biden v. Trump part two. Except both will be even older than before. Ugh.
Rather not contemplate that…I’d vote Joe cuz Orange man can’t be allowed near the Oval Office again but the country needs better choices…obviously

Inflationary!!! Right?

(Quality job avoiding saying you were wrong.)
Spending the money the Federal government borrows into existence is inflationary, regardless of what it is eventually spent on.
If the government is just spending taxes it has collected, that isn't inflationary.

Reactions: AreWeCross
Nothing will matter as far as who the democratic candidate is unless they can expand the Senate. If the democrats lose the House AND the Senate in 2022, none of this worry will even matter. Whoever is the Republican candidate will be POTUS when the red controlled state legislatures don't allow the democratic electoral college votes to count and only put forth the Republican ones. I am almost convinced that 2022 will be our last fair elections if the Cons take control. It will be all over but the crying - which MAGAs love us libs to do.

yesterday
They aren't BOTH hot garbage. One side is for authoritarianism and the top 1%. The other side is for democracy and for pretty much everybody. Not equal. At all. We'll probably find this out together in a few years.

I agree both parties are horrible. But three things changed my mind to become a Democrat: 1. I finally realized that voting third party was throwing my vote away 2. The rise of the Tea Party exposed the Republicans for who they truly are which are bitter white supremacists. And 3. The Dems finally supported gay marriage.

The Dems are center right, IMO. And the Rs are closing in on becoming Nazis. The choice is easy for me. I rather not vote Dem but when the other option are literal dictatorial fascists I will push all my chips into the center right party.
I’d rather have a D in the Whitehouse for the foreseeable future….

That said…I don’t want the D’s to have total control.

Not on board with chucking the filibuster, packing the court, nationalizing the voting system, BBB, adding states, getting rid of the electoral college or many of the other things the Dems have floated.

Rather have split government for the foreseeable future….D’s holding 2 of the 3 is just fine by me. Just don’t like major parts of the agenda “to get things done” D’s floated. Don’t want R’s with total control either….

They aren't BOTH hot garbage. One side is for authoritarianism and the top 1%. The other side is for democracy and for pretty much everybody. Not equal. At all. We'll probably find this out together in a few years.
That’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I don’t share it.

That’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I don’t share it.
Then you’re wrong and you’ll find out, more than likely. Not sure what else the Republican party needs to do to prove it to you. They tell us this daily but you choose to ignore their words, actions, and most importantly, their votes.

I’d rather have a D in the Whitehouse for the foreseeable future….

That said…I don’t want the D’s to have total control.

Not on board with chucking the filibuster, packing the court, nationalizing the voting system, BBB, adding states, getting rid of the electoral college or many of the other things the Dems have floated.

Rather have split government for the foreseeable future….D’s holding 2 of the 3 is just fine by me. Just don’t like major parts of the agenda “to get things done” D’s floated. Don’t want R’s with total control either….
Packing the court? Are you upset the cons did it? Because they did. Remember, you’re talking to someone who would be fine if there were 100 on the court.

Packing the court? Are you upset the cons did it? Because they did. Remember, you’re talking to someone who would be fine if there were 100 on the court.
I’m not “fine” with it.

Here’s the reality with the Garland issue as I see it. Mitch ****ed up. Should have brought Garland up for a vote and just let the party line vote that has been the standard the last couple decades take it’s course. ie he gets the same result without blocking the nomination….and Obama deserved to get his nominee up for a vote. That was dirty and politically stupid pool by cocaine Mitch

By blocking the nomination he gives the D’s ammunition to add seats…I don’t agree with either. All adding seats by eliminating the filibuster will result in is the R’s adding seats when they’re back in control….and they will be…that’s reality. Eliminating the filibuster will have us vacillating back and forth between the extremes which simply is horrible governance

Last edited:
I’m not “fine” with it.

Here’s the reality with the Garland issue as I see it. Mitch ****ed up. Should have brought Garland up for a vote and just let the party line vote that has been the standard the last couple decades take it’s course. ie he gets the same result without blocking the nomination….and Obama deserved to get his nominee up for a vote. That was dirty and politically stupid pool by cocaine Mitch

By blocking the nomination he gives the D’s ammunition to add seats…I don’t agree with either. All adding seats by eliminating the filibuster will result in is the R’s adding seats when they’re back in control….and they will be…that’s reality. Eliminating the filibuster will have us vacillating back and forth between the extremes which simply is horrible governance
I think every President should get to add 5. As long as we stay a Democratic Republic. I know you prefer the gridlock. I’ve hated it for decades. I also want to reiterate, I hope you’re right about what the future of this country is going to be and I’m wrong. I REALLY want to be wrong. I just happen to believe if 2022 doesn’t goes really bad for the Democrats it’s all over for what this country has been for 250 years.

. I just happen to believe if 2022 doesn’t goes really bad for the Democrats it’s all over for what this country has been for 250 years.
In 2022? Biden will still be President. R’s won’t be able to do anything without his signature….

FWIW I think the D’s keep the Senate.

In 2022? Biden will still be President. R’s won’t be able to do anything without his signature….

FWIW I think the D’s keep the Senate.
Right. But Biden will have 2 years to veto, while constantly being impeached, and then no more democrats allowed as president due to red legislatures in swing states. Electoral votes won’t be allowed to be cast for democrats. This is part of the plan. I do agree, it kind of looks like, as of now, the Democrats will increase their numbers in the Senate.

Right. But Biden will have 2 years to veto, while constantly being impeached, and then no more democrats allowed as president due to red legislatures in swing states. Electoral votes won’t be allowed to be cast for democrats. This is part of the plan. I do agree, it kind of looks like, as of now, the Democrats will increase their numbers in the Senate.
We’ll see…hopefully you are incorrect.

Disagree 100%. DeSantis blasted Biden for giving away money and causing inflation. He then did exactly the same thing and he did it with the "free money" he so detested.

So you're probably right. DeSantis' actions are worse.
$1.9T v $35M directed at a specific group…foster parents and adoptive parents.

If you think that’s equivalent we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT