ADVERTISEMENT

Ron DeSantis is sending inflation relief checks after criticizing Biden stimulus

Yep. Just don't be a hypocrite and claim it's inflationary when the feds do it but it's okay when you do.
Neither do presidents, right?
I never said anything about President's printing money. You responded to another poster who is OK with Desantis handing out money by calling them a hypocrite claiming it's inflationary when the feds do it, but is OK when you do (I presume you are referring to R's when you use the word "you"".

Your post comes across as if you believe Desantis handing out money is inflationary. Desantis handing out money does not increase the money supply, and is not inflationary.

I just did. The ONLY hypocrisy comes from your side of the aisle. Long story short, the Democrats on here agree with how DeSantis used this money. You guys agree only because DeSantis did it. We're for more of that.
I am not going to speak for the R's on this thread, but there is a huge difference between what DeSantis is doing and what Congress (both R's and D's) have done over the past two years. He is handing out money that has already been created. He is not creating money to hand out.

The issue is creating money for handouts that need to be paid back with future tax dollars. Helping those who have less does boost the economy, but we can't keep doing it (and many other types of spending) with money we don't have.

Last edited:
Disagree 100%. DeSantis blasted Biden for giving away money and causing inflation. He then did exactly the same thing and he did it with the "free money" he so detested.

So you're probably right. DeSantis' actions are worse.
In my opinion, DeSantis is buying votes. With that said, what he is doing does not cause inflation and I highly doubt he has blasted Biden for giving away money. He would have blasted him, and should have blasted Trump, for giving away money the US does not have.

This is a Florida issue, so I couldn't care less about how DeSantis spends Florida's money. Just pointing out that giving away this money is not inflationary.

Needs to be said, this is only $35M going to 59,000 families that are supporting foster kids. That’s pretty targeted and a deserving choice if you want to help someone.

That’s a far cry from everyone gets $1400 no matter your means or tax contribution.
Oh but the OP(original potato) said otherwise

Get your check yet @ihhawk ?

Last week, DeSantis announced a new strategy “to offset the costs of rising inflation.” Especially on the brink of a new school year, he said, “the State of Florida is giving you $450 for each child in your care,” DeSantis wrote in a letter accompanying the checks. “This one-time payment can be used for anything from buying diapers to fueling up at the pump.”

Where does this money come from? In part, the very same stimulus DeSantis derided for its supposed inflationary impact. The governor will use $35.5 million that Florida received from federal COVID-19 relief funds to mail checks to nearly 59,000 foster and adoptive families in the state, First Lady Casey DeSantis announced last week.

Link
Did he sign the checks himself? I hear that works to convince to simple minded ones.

Get your check yet @ihhawk ?

Last week, DeSantis announced a new strategy “to offset the costs of rising inflation.” Especially on the brink of a new school year, he said, “the State of Florida is giving you $450 for each child in your care,” DeSantis wrote in a letter accompanying the checks. “This one-time payment can be used for anything from buying diapers to fueling up at the pump.”

Where does this money come from? In part, the very same stimulus DeSantis derided for its supposed inflationary impact. The governor will use $35.5 million that Florida received from federal COVID-19 relief funds to mail checks to nearly 59,000 foster and adoptive families in the state, First Lady Casey DeSantis announced last week.

Link

Indiana's governor wanted to do the same thing and they might be in the process of doing that. I think I posed about it a while ago and got no response.

But it's weird that the GOP is saying that inflation is being caused by the American Rescue plan sending out a bunch of money but then turning around and doing the same thing at the state level.

Reactions: fredjr82
This thread only proves one thing… it doesn’t matter if you agree with the other sides policy on anything. If you’re a D and a R does something you like, you won’t give them any credit for doing it. If the person is a D, same thing.
Doesn’t matter this kicks every pro choicer in the nuts because one claim is we only care about babies in the womb and do nothing to help them after. Doesn’t matter that on principle the Ds SHOULD all support this. The other side is ALWAYS going to bitch about something.

Reactions: Crafty Beaver
This thread only proves one thing… it doesn’t matter if you agree with the other sides policy on anything. If you’re a D and a R does something you like, you won’t give them any credit for doing it. If the person is a D, same thing.
Doesn’t matter this kicks every pro choicer in the nuts because one claim is we only care about babies in the womb and do nothing to help them after. Doesn’t matter that on principle the Ds SHOULD all support this. The other side is ALWAYS going to bitch about something.
Again, it's not that the Democrats don't support this. It's the hypocrisy that is not supported and it shouldn't be by either party.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Again, it's not that the Democrats don't support this. It's the hypocrisy that is not supported and it shouldn't be by either party.
I’m fine with calling out the hypocrisy, but it’s okay to say I pretty much hate everything about this guy but a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. At the end of the day we’re so polarized that we can’t give credit to the other side no matter what.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I’m fine with calling out the hypocrisy, but it’s okay to say I pretty much hate everything about this guy but a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
I don't disagree with that but the other side needs to be true as well. His loyal supporters need to be able to admit when he's doing something merely for political theater and playing to the MAGA base.

I don't disagree with that but the other side needs to be true as well. His loyal supporters need to be able to admit when he's doing something merely for political theater and playing to the MAGA base.
Who are the centrists in a position of power? The ones who are labeled Dinos and RINOs. If you’re not at all times and in all places pandering to the extreme views of your party it’s practically political suicide

ADVERTISEMENT