ADVERTISEMENT

Fuck Ron Harper Jr.

Only a sophomore too. If he gets his body right and leans up a bit, he’ll be a 20 ppg guy before too long.

Dude is a player and went to Rutgers when they were BAD! Credit to the kid for getting them on the map. Seems like a good kids d great player. No problem with him at all.

I wonder what my post would have said if the Hawks lost.

Dude is a player and went to Rutgers when they were BAD! Credit to the kid for getting them on the map. Seems like a good kids d great player. No problem with him at all.

I wonder what my post would have said if the Hawks lost.

Having no idea of Harper's story.... How did he land at Rutgers? From that area?

Apparently he was under the radar. Nebraska was his only other major conference offer. Dad played at Miami Ohio so the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Assumed he would have been a bigger recruit because of his dad.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I don’t like Harper because he’s a career 28% three point shooter who keeps lighting it up against the Hawks

He's 30% from three this year and 11.8 ppg…..for some reason he lights Iowa up. Next time we play, hopefully get out on him better and don't let him get it going.

I hope he leaves early for NBA, but his stats against everybody else are not that great. Maybe a couple more years of him torching Iowa.

He's 30% from three this year and 11.8 ppg…..for some reason he lights Iowa up. Next time we play, hopefully get out on him better and don't let him get it going.

I hope he leaves early for NBA, but his stats against everybody else are not that great. Maybe a couple more years of him torching Iowa.
Hopefully we at least get another year of Garza torching Rutgers haha

I'm clearly salty BECAUSE he played so well. And, I get the hypocrite angle. But still, **** HIM!

I know. He's good.
I just don't like the made contested jump shots. I'd enjoy opposing players more if they didn't ever make those shots that "always-go-in".................

I mean his first 3 was literally do a couple cross over dribbles, between the legs, go side to side in a 4 foot space (so really nowhere).....and then fade away for a contested 3 pointer with a hand in his face, make it, and then celebrate with that "it's too easy" body language.

It bothers me to no end that that style has basically taken over at the highest levels of the sport..........Yes it triggers me. I f***ing hate it.

Flops soo badly. Awful

Yeah, the out-of-bounds play where CJ got called for a phantom foul when Harper basically jumped into the front row, and the drive into Garza where he flopped like he hit a brick wall were both worth of Oscar consideration.

Reactions: ajdl
Yeah, the out-of-bounds play where CJ got called for a phantom foul when Harper basically jumped into the front row, and the drive into Garza where he flopped like he hit a brick wall were both worth of Oscar consideration.
Harper is an outstanding player, makes it look easy. I also thought the foul on CJ was a bad call, but give Harper credit for selling it. I did think the foul on Garza was a good call, he wasn't set. Go Hawks ! Great win tonight !

Pikiell got in on Harper really early and secured a commitment while he was only a 2-star, at which point Nebraska was his only other offer. After he committed, he blossomed in his senior year of HS and ended up a 3-star on 247 and a 4-star on Rivals.

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
Pikiell got in on Harper really early and secured a commitment while he was only a 2-star, at which point Nebraska was his only other offer. After he committed, he blossomed in his senior year of HS and ended up a 3-star on 247 and a 4-star on Rivals.
What...no complaining about the refs over here like on Rutgers rivals site?

Tha
Fortunately no one is over here selling the "refs cost us the game" crap. I guess its inevitable after every loss.its true they changed how the game was getting called from one half to the next but both teams had fouls go uncalled in the first half then had silly touch fouls called in the second.

But as long as the same things are called on both teams, I'm not going to complain. We lost because Iowa shot over 50% and out rebounded us. And missing that layup with 10 seconds to go didn't help either. Lol
I though Iowa played a great game and could win the Big 10. I really thought our road schedule was back loaded but having played Iowa, MSU and Illinois already we may have actually had our road schedule front loaded. Who knew??

The conf tourney will be nuts.

There are things one may say in one's own living room, that aren't said as a guest in someone else's.

Good luck the rest of the way - you've got some real studs in Garza, Wieskamp, and Toussaint. Hope you guys stay healthy and make some real noise in the NCAA tourney - and we'll do our best to take out our frustrations on Nebraska.

Ha. I even Said to my husband "well that was theatrical"

Garza fan or Harper fan, it was a great night of MBB.

And the RAC is already on the radar as one of the toughest places for teams to play. It's why we are currently 13-0 at the Trapezoid of Terror.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT