ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl or Bust!

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
The Dutch truck has been loaded with band equipment and is headed west for Pasadena. I believe the 200+ band members leave Wednesday (via charter flight) for LA. Monday is their day for the 5+mile march in the Rose Parade.
I’ll be watching Monday morning. “How ‘bout them Dutch?”

Reactions: EagleHawk
The Rose Bowl is no longer relevant. It’s a nice stadium, but the game itself is pretty much the same as the Independence Bowl.
Honestly, made my first trip to the Rose Bowl in 2015….after all those years growing up watching it on TV…finally had the means and decided to go….sort of wish I wouldn’t have. The stadium is like it is on TV when you’re in your seats…but otherwise it’s kind of a dump…concessions being sold from pop up tents, port-o-potty’s for bathrooms, hard to get to….chain link fences, gates that were locked….

I don’t know that I would return to watch a game there without serious upgrades.

I feel sorry for all the service workers in the Pasadena/Glendale area that will be stiffed on tips from this group. The Dutch suck.

But enjoy nonetheless.

My wife and BIL did the Fiesta Bowl parade with the Marching Dutch back in the day. BIL, like most underclassmen in those situations, quit band the next year.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT