ADVERTISEMENT

Ross Pierschbacher

FanGuru

Rookie
Aug 30, 2015
Not sure if this is obvious news or not but I talked to the Cedar Falls coaches tonight and they told me Ross will be starting for Bama as a Redshirt freshman. They told me he really loves coach Saban and he will be the starting left guard. Even though he didn't pick Iowa, you can check him out at 7pm.

Hate on him all you want but he's starting for Alabama as a red shirt frosh. Kind of like Paige and Carolina in while its too bad neither of them played at Iowa you absolutely cannot fault them for their decisions.

In a historical context they each went to the Iowa wrestling programs of their respective sports, at least for football.

Not sure if this is obvious news or not but I talked to the Cedar Falls coaches tonight and they told me Ross will be starting for Bama as a Redshirt freshman. They told me he really loves coach Saban and he will be the starting left guard. Even though he didn't pick Iowa, you can check him out at 7pm.
No one... I mean NO ONE...really loves Saban...if RP does i'm concerned for the youngster...

I'm sorry the kid didn't pick Iowa but I hope he does well and represents Iowa in a good way.

cool, good for him. Turns out it wasn't that big of a miss because our Oline shouldn't be a cause for concern this year... wait...

cool, good for him. Turns out it wasn't that big of a miss because our Oline shouldn't be a cause for concern this year... wait...

Very true, its also not like he was committed to Iowa for some time and then dumped Iowa for Bama....

How can you blame him....play slow ball at Iowa for an average team or play in the SEC for a program that cares about championships! No brainer for me! If he is any good the NFL will be there, and he must be good if they are starting him. More power to him!

While ferentz has sucked in the winning column lately he's still developing olinemen. RP might like bama for the glitz but Iowa trumps them in this specific area.

The topic is obviously appropriate for this board, as it relates to an Iowa native who was once an Iowa commit.

You have to be impressed that the kid will be starting for one of the top 3 programs in the nation as a RS freshman.

Bummer that he's not a Hawk, but I wish him the best. Disappointing that some Iowa fans wish him ill.

As for the comment about Alabama "caring about championships" -- of course Iowa cares just as much about championships. We're just not nearly as capable of winning them as Alabama.

It wouldn't bother me if washed out or blew out a knee, much like the Barrett kid from Valley

Who's this Perchbocker person you speak of? I'm not sure why Iowa fans would care about this news.

"Hate on him all you want but he's starting for Alabama as a red shirt frosh. Kind of like Paige and Carolina in while its too bad neither of them played at Iowa you absolutely cannot fault them for their decisions."

What ever do you mean? Of course Hawk fans can fault the double crossing, decommitting brat. What's he doing for us? Nothing. So he is nothing.

Reactions: LGEND24
I wish no ill toward the kid. But I still believe that whole situation kind have had an odor to it. He chooses IA over ND when ND makes the CG but flips to Bama. Granted Alabama beat ND.

He's look good especially in run blocking. Helped solidify the hole several times for Henry. 2nd touchdown run was helped by him.

Blew a knee out? You are a sad mother fvcker! What a no class punk.
I don't hope for this guy, that couldn't honor his commitment to Iowa, to blow out a knee. I just don't care if he does. He is NOT a Hawkeye, he was told he could help Iowa and still turned his back. So screw him and his career. Why should I want this douchebag to succeed after screwing the Hawks?

Serious lack of class. Some of you should be ashamed. I'm sure your mother's are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT