ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein early next season top 45

It’s hard not to be slightly giddy about what we could be next year. The key will be everyone “falling” in to their roles just like they did this year. If the chemistry is there that the appeared to have this year.....Sweet Jesus!!!!

The potential for three point firepower is scary. Iowa has a roster that could go over 45% from the arc many nights.
The Murray Twins were left off. We have a lethal attack from proven 3 pt shooter. It could be a better defensive team next year with newcomers helping out. Should rebound better with more depth of bigs.

It will be interesting to see how the roles settle in. Will Nunge start at 4 or essentially replace Kriener? Will we bring JBo off the bench for instant firepower, not necessarily giving him back up minutes? Will any of the freshman work their way into the regular rotation, especially will Big O redshirt (I think that could depend on whether Pemsl returns and is a little healthier)? Will either Freshman guard challenge for some minutes (if everyone returns and stays healthy, I would guess that one of the new guards will redshirt)? Can Patrick get healthy and strong enough to play the entire season (the twins would probably be competing with him for minutes, if not redshirted)? The ceiling is higher than any Iowa team in a very long time.

Reactions: Bravehawk56
For some reason I think Jordan comes off the bench. Plays starter minutes, of course, and something about him, or at least what I perceive from my mostly-at-home viewpoint, suggests to me he might relish a 6th man role.

Can come in for either Toussaint or CJ.

Team gets off to a good start, opponent looks over and sees Jordan walking to scorer's table, oh shit.

Team gets off to a sluggish start, Jordan can come in and has everything you want for a guy to help change momentum. Veteran. Savvy. Shooter. Unafraid and clutch.

It's like if Iowa has a good first 3-4 minutes, they look over and Jordan is coming in, confidence boost to turn 3-4 minute good start into an 8-10 minute run.

If Iowa has a rough start at first, look over, your co-captain is coming in (assuming Jordan and Luka) and that's a confidence boost to flip the script before the hole is dug too deep.

Watching Toussaint highlight reel just now I'm reminded that first half + of the season everybody dogged his ability to shoot, occasionally I would chime in with optimism that by end of year he'll knock some in. Not sure how I framed the argument back in December or whenever, but I always felt his release was good, that his 15- to 18-footer demonstrated solid mechanics and nice high arc and consistency, just needed to translate out to behind the three. I suspect next year that part of his game will experience a big jump.

Kriener was granted another year as well as Bakari, right? We know what is going on with them?

Good luck finding playing time for everyone! Great problem to have, but a problem none the less. I'm guessing multiple red shirts and serious talks about playing time.

Need to improve defense and rebounding in order to contend for a championship. Can any incoming freshmen help with this?

For Garza and bohannon the challenge will be allowing the game to come to them. The pressure will be off for them. They have had to be “the guy” in the last couple of years. The key will be Fran. We will be adding one of the most prolific 3 point shooters in Iowa history to the starting five. With Garza drawing a double team on every play, how will the team respond. Fran will have an opportunity to coach the most multidimensional offenses in the big ten. The plays he is able to draw up on offense will undoubtably decide there success next year.

Kriener was granted another year as well as Bakari, right? We know what is going on with them?
Have you heard anything for sure on this? Spring sports scholarship players were granted an extra year, whatever that means (still determining). Basketball is a winter sport so I am not sure they have ruled on that yet.

Ahh, my bad I just assumed that included Winter as well since it bleeds well into spring.
I am hoping that the NCAA makes a decision regarding this out and sends out a clarification. But for now, I think they are just overwhelmed with other Covid-19 stuff.

I would be absolutely shocked if the NCAA granted an additional year to seniors. Think of the chaos that would cause even if they permitted an expanded roster.
Yeah I was thinking about that already as I had thought they did....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT