ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein Picks Hawks 11th and Preseason Sleeper Team

AmericaNeedsMe

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2024

Picks us as the preseason sleeper team.

Sandfort 1st team All Big Ten.

Dix makes his list of ten breakout players.

None of our transfers make his top 20 impact transfer list. None of our transfers make his under the radar transfer list.

Last edited:
PU on top?
They seem very average.
So many transfer preseason projections are impossible.
I think any in top 8 could win the league.

Reactions: Torg
Under values Iowa and Rutgers. No newcomers from Iowa to make an impact? Really?
Probably overvalues Indiana and Ohio State. The former Pac XII teams are an unknown question mark to most Big Ten fans.
Question, how old is Ty Berry from NW really. He has been there forever!

Under values Iowa and Rutgers. No newcomers from Iowa to make an impact? Really?
Probably overvalues Indiana and Ohio State. The former Pac XII teams are an unknown question mark to most Big Ten fans.
Question, how old is Ty Berry from NW really. He has been there forever!
What Iowa newcomers do you think will make a greater impact than those listed?

Maryland seems incredibly overrated to me. Rutgers rating depends on how much you believe in their 2 lottery pick freshmen. They'll likely struggle, imo.

Wisconsin seems to be rated about right for a change.

What Iowa newcomers do you think will make a greater impact than those listed?
Rothstein lists 6 transfers from UCLA alone. You don't even need to know anything about college basketball to figure Traore or Thelwell will manage to be better than at least 1 of those UCLA transfers. It's kinda silly to list 35 guys as impact/under-the-radar players.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Maryland seems incredibly overrated to me. Rutgers rating depends on how much you believe in their 2 lottery pick freshmen. They'll likely struggle, imo.
Rutgers will be interesting to watch this season. Probably only 1 upperclassman starter in a team loaded with young talent. I really like Pikiell, he's one of my favorite coaches in the B1G. He'll sorely miss Omoruyi this season.

I'd like to see him do well but I agree with you I think they will struggle.

When was this written?? Why include 2 players no longer on the team?
⬇️
⬇️
COVID Seniors with additional eligibility: Patrick McCaffery, Tony Perkins, Evan Brauns

Reactions: kkhawk
Guy is such a weirdo. Surprised anyone follows him.
Well....he'll never be as normal and accomplished and followed as you are. That goes without saying.

....but platforms need content and that provides opportunities for many inferior talents like weirdo Rothstein to make endless mid wit fluff for proles like me to consume. So I'm ok with him. We can't all be normal.

• Love
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
11th place won't cut it. If you don't make the NCAA tournament then Fran needs to be gone.
Normally I'd probably disagree with that, but coming off missing it last year, his youngest starting school at Butler (joining his middle kid) next year, and basically a new AD ready to make her mark ...it would make sense to part ways should we miss the NCAA Tournament.

With that said, I'm predicting an 8/9 finish in the conference and squeaking in as a 10/11 seed.

Reactions: AmericaNeedsMe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT