ADVERTISEMENT

Rough Week for PR

Iafootballfan

HR MVP
Sep 1, 2007
Could this week be any worse from a PR perspective? I am begging to get past the next game so we can put more of this behind us. In less than a week we have:

- Fans booing our own players (before and during game)
- Fans throwing things on the field and flipping off ISU players
- Barstool talking heads stating we are the worst fanbase in the country they've dealt with
- National football media tweeting out QBR and offensive stats rubbing in that we're at the bottom
- Our head basketball coach tricked into trolling our football staff, also made national football outlets.
- Losing to Iowa State
- Ex WR Charlie Jones thriving at Purdue

The good thing though is that KF went to the "body of work" comment on Spencer.

God...I hope Petras can turn this around...but his confidence in his arm looks to be shattered. He's not throwing it...he's guiding it...and you can't be accurate that way...just inconsistent.

God...I hope Petras can turn this around...but his confidence in his arm looks to be shattered. He's not throwing it...he's guiding it...and you can't be accurate that way...just inconsistent.
Ask any golfer, Petras has the yips. Usually does not go away either.

Could this week be any worse from a PR perspective? I am begging to get past the next game so we can put more of this behind us. In less than a week we have:

- Barstool talking heads stating we are the worst fanbase in the country they've dealt with
- National football media tweeting out QBR and offensive stats rubbing in that we're at the bottom
- Our head basketball coach tricked into trolling our football staff, also made national football outlets.
- Losing to Iowa State
I know, right? Kind of makes one nostalgic for the days Iowa was a “racist” program. That was great publicity in comparison.

animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif

Could this week be any worse from a PR perspective?
You can lay everything at the feet of the head coach. Kirk reminded the media this week that he is, in fact, the head coach and he'll continue to do as he damn well pleases. And what he damn well pleases has, so far, generated nothing but well-deserved mockery of Iowa football from all corners, far and wide. You want the narrative to change? Tell Kirk to change . . . you know, like putting an actual QB and offense on the field. Until then, if ya don't laugh, all you'll do is cry.

The first two, while I don't agree with that behavior at all, don't register much on the scale.
The third point goes into the "so what" bucket.

The 4th and the last points are the ones that stand out. They're supported by data. They've got traction.

- Losing to Iowa State
So what's your point?

Ask any golfer, Petras has the yips. Usually does not go away either.
One thing in golf in golf is that you practice fundamentals on the range to create muscle memory. On the course you should stay focused on scoring. If you are thinking too much on the course you are in trouble.

- Losing to Iowa State
1) Only jackhole fans boo the players, I'd like to think the vast majority of the boos were going where they deserved...........the coaching staff.
2) Act like this as the opposing team and you deserve that sort of treatment
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/clown-u-culture-before-after-the-game.399470/

Barstool coming to Iowa City with that piece of shit Brandon and the end result is exactly what they wanted. Maybe come back again and have Akrum Wadley instead of Brandon Walker

ADVERTISEMENT