ADVERTISEMENT

Rougher play in the tournament

Inconsistent, some games reffed like Big Ten , others touch foul crazy, some in the middle which is my preference. I prefer freedom of movement with no calls when offensive player initiates contact. Overall last night was fine.

When defending guards are allowed to hump the ball carrier as soon as they cross half court And hold on every screen can’t stand it. Michigan / UCLA game was barely watchable due to this.

Baylor is very much a hands on defensive team. They are strong enough to steer the opposition to areas other than the ones they want. Gonzaga is a great offensive team. It will be interesting to see if they can run their offense with the Bears pushing and holding them. Not sure this style that Baylor excels at is good for college ball as a whole. They are certainly not the only team that employs it, but they are in the championship game.

The play in the tournament has been rec ball.... go back and watch that Texas and Abilene Christian game, man that was a legit rec game with guys elbowing and throwing shoulders, the Texas player had his mouth jacked up on a non-charging call where the AC player threw his shoulders at him.... the Houston and Rutgers game was really physical too.... I'm all for letting the players play but the refs can't turn the game into football

Reactions: pmtdc
ADVERTISEMENT