ADVERTISEMENT

RT Loves Rand Paul

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I flipped on RT to see what they are saying. Here are the takeaways.

1. Poland is maneuvering to take part of Kaliningrad and maybe bits of Ukraine.

2. The West is only calling for a cease fire so they can move $50 billion in weapons into Ukraine without having to worry about the fighting.

3. The US is relaxing sanctions on northern Syria as part of a plot to split off the eastern part of Turkey.

4. Rand Paul is doing God's work blocking the Ukraine funding in the Senate.

5. It takes a strong stomach to watch more than a few minutes of RT these days.

It’s alway been that way if you had understood what you were watching.
Not at all. There used to be quite a few excellent American and British broadcasters and commentators on RT.

But that was pre-2015. Hardly any are still there.

Plus, no matter how awful they may get, I think it's smart to check on what propaganda the bad guys are spewing.

I find RT much easier to take than FOX. Mainly because RT's propaganda is relatively easy to spot by any thinking person, so most Americans shouldn't be snookered by it . . . until, that is, they hear it repeated by Carlson or Hannity and their ilk. And then all bets are off.

Who is RT?
Russia Today.

Hard to find their broadcasts these days. Roku stopped carrying them, and I don't think they are included in cable offerings any more (but I might be wrong). Fortunately - or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint - you can still watch RT if you have an Amazon Fire TV or Cube.

Like any good propaganda shop, a good bit of their broadcasts are straight. And of course they present the Russian viewpoint in "reasonable" terms.

So the trick is to tell you stuff you know is true, then slip in a little here or there that you don't know, and that may not be true.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Not at all. There used to be quite a few excellent American and British broadcasters and commentators on RT.

But that was pre-2015. Hardly any are still there.

Plus, no matter how awful they may get, I think it's smart to check on what propaganda the bad guys are spewing.

I find RT much easier to take than FOX. Mainly because RT's propaganda is relatively easy to spot by any thinking person, so most Americans shouldn't be snookered by it . . . until, that is, they hear it repeated by Carlson or Hannity and their ilk. And then all bets are off.
I know…I used to give you crap for loving RT so much 😀

They’re bringing their drugs, their rapists, some of them may be good people blah blah. Your goddamn R nominee for POTUS. Yeah, it’s clickbait headline copy, but Trumps are mainstream, Tucker is mainstream, these types are running and getting elected—enthusiastically.
Lol at you trying to converse with that bitch boy. All he does is whine in every thread.

Ok then, what is RT?
InsecureSmoggyHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

They’re bringing their drugs, their rapists, some of them may be good people blah blah. Your goddamn R nominee for POTUS. Yeah, it’s clickbait headline copy, but Trumps are mainstream, Tucker is mainstream, these types are running and getting elected—enthusiastically.
It's not clickbait, it's an outright lie. The shooter was a self describe left authoritarian who was deep into communist ideology at one time. But hey, Orange man bad and all that jazz.

ADVERTISEMENT