ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors of Nelson Being Out

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Pat Mineo, not the best of reporters I know, but he is reporting that Nelson was involved in a car accident and will be having shoulder surgery and may be out for quite some time. Has anyone else heard anything about this? If true, that really sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: mcpat
Guessing we won't know until Iowa wrestles and he doesn't appear in the lineup. That kind of information getting out can make game planning for opposing coaches easy. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: artradley
I thought all auto accidents with injuries were public records in Iowa. So, if true, I'd think it will come out soon enough once data entry is complete.

Reactions: el dub
With the limits on some early season matches for a few guys and nursing injuries, there might be a couple November/December duals that could be closer than expected.

Also gives a few guys an opportunity to show something.

Reactions: el dub
Important thing is that the kid will be alright with nothing too serious!

As A HAWK fan, you can't help but shake your head and say man are we snake bitten or what!?!?!?

Well guess we hope he will be able to get back on the mat soon. Glad We have Swafford as he seems to be the next man in and a pretty darn good guy to have!

Important thing is that the kid will be alright with nothing too serious!

As A HAWK fan, you can't help but shake your head and say man are we snake bitten or what!?!?!?

Well guess we hope he will be able to get back on the mat soon. Glad We have Swafford as he seems to be the next man in and a pretty darn good guy to have!
I do not know if the Hawks are snake bitten, but Nelson sure seems to be. Every team has a year where injuries just wreck the line up. Last year was the Hawk's year. Hopefully there will be no more like that.

I hope Nelson a speedy recovery. However, in the meantime I believe we are going to enjoy watching Swaff. Don't get me wrong it will be maddening at times as he opens himself up to stuff due to his wide open style. He has a pretty high risk high reward style that we haven't seen in a while in our upper weights.

I hope Nelson a speedy recovery. However, in the meantime I believe we are going to enjoy watching Swaff. Don't get me wrong it will be maddening at times as he opens himself up to stuff due to his wide open style. He has a pretty high risk high reward style that we haven't seen in a while in our upper weights.
Some of us old timers call this “Iowa Style.”

I do not know if the Hawks are snake bitten, but Nelson sure seems to be. Every team has a year where injuries just wreck the line up. Last year was the Hawk's year. Hopefully there will be no more like that.
Brother, I have never seen so many injures on one team in my life. The list is endless. Going all the way back to McD, heavy weights, Kemerer, Bull, clark, of course Lee. I am trying to think of someone who went 4 years who wasn't hurt?

GIF by Giphy QA

IT’s Wrestling. Not many if any make it unscathed.
I know, been there, done that! What we are seeing goes way beyond bumps and bruises etc..... This was a car accident for example. Do not even get me started on the lost covid year!!! We roll thru B1Gs like a freight train!!! The NCAAs gets shut down.

No real rhyme or reason for how the NCAAs handled the after mass. In other words, I am not questioning the shut down, was a really F-ed up time with a lot of uncertainty. I will add, I was at B1Gs which is a week before and 15K people packed into Rutgers most with no masks so....

Anyway, how some lost their shot(SRs) and how some get a 5th year, is just stupid! That being said. it was IOWA who lost the most BY FAR!!! Would have been 2 in a row. I believe we would have had 3 champs in LEE, LUGO, and BULL

Reactions: Big Pip
That is going to rattle in the minds of almost all Hawk fans for a looonnnggg time. I don't know what is going on, but it just seems like the wrestling gods are out to get us.

Reactions: vhsalum
ADVERTISEMENT