ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors of October Start

Oh yeah I'm sure it will happen considering Ames, and Iowa City are the epicenters for covid in the US now. There isn't going to be football this year in the B1G. Maybe in the winter or spring, but that's the only hope.
Yes but son is in IC and knows a few guys who have gotten it. It’s so awful. They can’t smell anything and are under the weather for 2 or 3 days and then are totally fine. We must protect our children from the horror!!!

Warren is incompetent. You're right, Delaney would have never let this mess go on.

No matter what happens I guarantee Warren's days as commissioner are numbered. He'll be replaced by next football season. He's a lame duck already. Nobody trusts him.

The thing with Delaney is that he was great at the backroom games. If Delaney had come to the same conclusion that Warren did, it would have carried additional gravitas. He would have read the room and if he was first to bow out, it would have been because he was certain everyone else would have followed.....and the other leagues would have had to think really hard about how they'd look if fall football failed after Delaney bailed.

Warren is the noob. That said, I have to assume that he was Delaney's hand-picked successor. Hopefully at some point we'll see why.

Reactions: hawkeyemark56
Given the disclosures about the actual threat of Covid, from the CDC, and the vast amount of money the B!G was losing would make this not surprising.

Oh yeah I'm sure it will happen considering Ames, and Iowa City are the epicenters for covid in the US now. There isn't going to be football this year in the B1G. Maybe in the winter or spring, but that's the only hope.
Bet? If there is no Big Ten football before December I will donate $50 to the Biden campaign. If there is football before December you donate $50 to the Trump campaign?

I’m reading this thread and thinking to myself ... “are people more obsessed with every single ‘B1G to reconsider’ than they were with either the ‘Oliver Martin is going to transfer to Iowa’ or ‘will the NCAA grant Oliver Martin’s eligibility’ rumors?”

Here’s a hint: Get excited when the necessary number of actual decision makers make a public pronouncement.

Until then, you’re chasing windmills.

Reactions: David1979
You do realize that by Dec. 1 there are no longer "campaigns", right? The election will have been almost a month prior.

And they will still be counting ballots. The whole unsolicited mail in ballot deal is to create confusion after the election day. And I guarantee you, they will find ballots in close districts post marked a day late or more and say they should count because the intention was there. Mail in voting is different than absentee ballots and people do not get it. No one should be sent a ballot unsolicited.

Several conflicting reports out there. The main narrative seems to be that some still believe it's possible but it's a matter of getting the more "liberal" schools on board. But I have seen reports that say the NE AD has said nothing has changed. I wish they would just figure it out and play. It's just stupid at this point.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Several conflicting reports out there. The main narrative seems to be that some still believe it's possible but it's a matter of getting the more "liberal" schools on board. But I have seen reports that say the NE AD has said nothing has changed. I wish they would just figure it out and play. It's just stupid at this point.

They're really gonna look stupid when the ACC, Big 12 and SEC are playing on Saturdays in the fall. It's about ego now and not looking like they screwed up. Instead of swallowing their pride, theyd just prefer athletic departments lose millions, many lose their jobs in these departments, sports are cut and the players themselves sit at home and watch the other Power 5s play while many will lose their senior year's for NFL evaluation. It's absolutely unconscionable what they're doing

They're really gonna look stupid when the ACC, Big 12 and SEC are playing on Saturdays in the fall. It's about ego now and not looking like they screwed up. Instead of swallowing their pride, theyd just prefer athletic departments lose millions, many lose their jobs in these departments, sports are cut and the players themselves sit at home and watch the other Power 5s play while many will lose their senior year's for NFL evaluation. It's absolutely unconscionable what they're doing

Even the age 65 and over senior men's slowpitch softball league in my community are out there playing every week now.

After this weekend's slate of CFB games I expect the Big Ten to up the timeline to October. Players are still practicing on a 12 hour basis per NCAA rules. Ramp it up to full time starting next week and there is one month to prepare for the first game.

Make it happen.

The thing with Delaney is that he was great at the backroom games. If Delaney had come to the same conclusion that Warren did, it would have carried additional gravitas. He would have read the room and if he was first to bow out, it would have been because he was certain everyone else would have followed.....and the other leagues would have had to think really hard about how they'd look if fall football failed after Delaney bailed.

Warren is the noob. That said, I have to assume that he was Delaney's hand-picked successor. Hopefully at some point we'll see why.

Good post here. I liked the reading the room analogy which Warren severely lacks this early in his tenure. Maybe Delaney really saw something in him to succeed him who knows? Or maybe we ended up with an activist oriented commissioner out of his element. We can only conclude in his first trial by fire Warren has given off a very bad first impression which really matters in terms of his ability to navigate from here.

The one good thing about COVID is people like you will continue to hide in your mom's basement. I dread the day that you are out in public again, haters such as yourself should just stay hidden. Or did you get out and about for the riots?

You Sir are an idiot! Your patriotism is superficial at best . HAter? someone who puts the Consitution ahead of party. As for the riots, You place a small fraction of people that are probably affliated with no party. So you throw them in as democrats to complete your agenda. You Sir is what is wrong with America , Semper Fi

It's been a political issue from the moment they cancelled it.
I agree. (Political, though not that it was to defeat Trump. Indiana's Pres. is the former Republican governor) And I was hopeful we would still get an October or early November start, right up to when Don said that he "talked to Warren about opening up immediately." Then I knew he had blown it for us, and there was no longer a chance.

You Sir are an idiot! Your patriotism is superficial at best . HAter? someone who puts the Consitution ahead of party. As for the riots, You place a small fraction of people that are probably affliated with no party. So you throw them in as democrats to complete your agenda. You Sir is what is wrong with America , Semper Fi
Three tours in combat zones so STFU. Nothing she said even remotely mentioned the Constitution. Small faction? Not affiliated with a party? My ass, they are the armed mob wing of the democratic party

Reactions: Simbahawk4

Take it with a grain of salt. Twitter rumor guys are always interesting.
[/QUOTE]

JFC. Seriously.

Is is not f--king clear as day that this mope doesn't know his ass from his head? He tweets something about only 4 presidents not being on board and for them to be convinced. Then, after realizing that it only takes 9 votes (and there would be 10 votes if Minnesota, Maryland, Illinois and Northwestern were the only "no" votes), he concocts a story meant to make him look more credible.

Anyone buying what he's selling needs to have their heads examined.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
I agree. (Political, though not that it was to defeat Trump. Indiana's Pres. is the former Republican governor) And I was hopeful we would still get an October or early November start, right up to when Don said that he "talked to Warren about opening up immediately." Then I knew he had blown it for us, and there was no longer a chance.

Wrong Indiana university.
Purdue's President, Mitch Daniels, is the former governor of Indiana and, but for a particularly messy domestic situation in which his wife left him and then a remarriage, there was a better than average chance that Daniels would have received the GOP nod instead of Mitt Romney for the 2012 presidential campaign.
IU's president, Michael McRobbie, a native Australian, did receive the highest award bestowed upon a Hoosier from Mitch Daniels when Daniels served as governor. So . . . he's got that going for him: https://president.iu.edu/about/biography.html

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
After this weekend's slate of CFB games I expect the Big Ten to up the timeline to October. Players are still practicing on a 12 hour basis per NCAA rules. Ramp it up to full time starting next week and there is one month to prepare for the first game.

Make it happen.

Except Iowa who took a week off this week. And if we started back on October 10, what the hell is the schedule now? Do we cut out Maryland and one other team or is it a complete reshuffle?

Yes but son is in IC and knows a few guys who have gotten it. It’s so awful. They can’t smell anything and are under the weather for 2 or 3 days and then are totally fine. We must protect our children from the horror!!!
The horror!
I had it. Basically compared to a real bad case of allergies for me. Little weaker and hi temp but the lungs seemed like asthma.

Reactions: onionman1
ADVERTISEMENT