ADVERTISEMENT

Running Back Recruiting

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Trying to figure out what is going on.

Kamari Moulton committed

Williams in the portal

Arlene Harris visited, must not be coming because we offered Deago Benson today and there is a crystal ball for Arnold Barnes 50/50.

Are we taking one more RB or could there be another portal casualty?

Trying to figure out what is going on.

Kamari Moulton committed

Williams in the portal

Arlene Harris visited, must not be coming because we offered Deago Benson today and there is a crystal ball for Arnold Barnes 50/50.

Are we taking one more RB or could there be another portal casualty?
I just watched Bensons highlights and I like how he runs. I’m a bit surprised he doesn’t have more high offers.

KF has to be losing his mind over this stuff. Trying to prepare for a bowl game but all the while trying to recruit HS kids, try and get kids in the portal, while at the same time having entire position groups wanting to leave in the stupid portal. What a cluster f*ck.
The old saying the grass is greener on the other side of the fence is becoming the new normal in players eyes. Some will be satisfied with their new teams and some will end up with a lump of coal.

KF has to be losing his mind over this stuff. Trying to prepare for a bowl game but all the while trying to recruit HS kids, try and get kids in the portal, while at the same time having entire position groups wanting to leave in the stupid portal. What a cluster f*ck.

Why exactly do they open the portal before the end of the season? It would suck to try to prepare for a bowl while dealing with all the portal transfer stuff. At least this year the bowl is pretty meaningless.

When they expand the playoffs and we make it in at some point, I'd like the staff focused in on playoff prep, not chasing portal players around.

Could you imagine our Orange Bowl or Rose Bowl seasons and coaches running around after new portal players and having our players entering. Talk about distractions from a goal that is with your grasp (a major bowl win).

Why exactly do they open the portal before the end of the season? It would suck to try to prepare for a bowl while dealing with all the portal transfer stuff. At least this year the bowl is pretty meaningless.

When they expand the playoffs and we make it in at some point, I'd like the staff focused in on playoff prep, not chasing portal players around.

Could you imagine our Orange Bowl or Rose Bowl seasons and coaches running around after new portal players and having our players entering. Talk about distractions from a goal that is with your grasp (a major bowl win).
Because some athletes want to enroll at their new school at the start of the second semester.

Reactions: Birky
Exactly. It would be so frustrating as a coach.NCAA screwed this thing up bad…..I don’t know how you get it back,,,,it’s basically free agency now….. It’s not college athletics,,,, it’s professional football/ basketball and the winner is the highest bidde the loser is the Fan.

Reactions: Hwkfn1
Right now I would take all the running backs you can. The WR room is very empty at this point. We may be going to an all run offense if we don't start picking up some WR soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT