ADVERTISEMENT

Rush just said yesterday was "dry run"

How it's being waged is. Instead of going it alone. Trump could have gotten a coalition of allies together to take China on.

Exactly,
Instead, this is Trump.

tenor.gif

Really? You need to do a study on the percentage of GDP per country that relies on exports. Germany, for instance, is almost 2X what the USA is. Most of Europe is. Do you think they would be in a hurry to start a trade war? Their economy is married at the hip with China. The factories in China are not investing in new equipment, so Europe has the Flu right now. Sometimes you have to pull the mask off the pretender for everyone to see. Trump is doing just that. If Xi sends troops into Hong Kong, then Europe, France and the rest of the EU cannot just stand by and watch. It will be too much of an affront to the "We are the nice guys", the identity they keep their masses in line with.
The EU aren't our only allies.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The trade war with China has been going on for decades. We just decided to punch back. By the way the punch back is winning.
The Chinese are playing the game as Mercantilists, while most everyone else is playing the game as Capitalists.

So, in essence, it is like playing Monopoly, you have a game with certain rules. China has a back door to the bank. They are grabbing a $500 bill every time no one is looking. It makes the game suck. That is China right now.

I tend to agree with him. The libs are coming up with this fake recession scare. Trying to see if they can crash the economy next year ahead of trump's re-election campaign. It was a spring practice. a scrimmage. the scare is working for ciggy. dunno if the rest of thinking americans buy in.
Ah, whos Rush ?

The Chinese are playing the game as Mercantilists, while most everyone else is playing the game as Capitalists.

So, in essence, it is like playing Monopoly, you have a game with certain rules. China has a back door to the bank. They are grabbing a $500 bill every time no one is looking. It makes the game suck. That is China right now.

Yeah...but they're the Thimble and we're the Car. The Car always gets the bitches, yo.

Japan, India, South Korea. But nevermind.
So, you want our allies to come along that can be hit by rocks when China decides to throw them from their back porch? Smart? Your grasp of strategery is up there with the Three Stooges. Are you Curly, Moe or Larry? Perhaps Shemp?

Absolutely, it's happened before. During the election campaign between Bush 41 & Clinton there was a constant drumbeat from the media about how bad the economy was. We even got the famous quote "it's the economy, stupid!" from that election. Well, well, well, what a shock it was watching the news not one month post election when the media turned course and began running stories about how the economy wasn't as bad as was thought and how economic indicators were not that bad. By the time Clinton took office everything was fine.

The media can push the economy story and make people believe that everything is going to hell and people will believe it, even though you personally are doing well. The economy, especially our consumer economy, is based on mood and fear, which can change our buying/saving habits.

This should be easy to back up............and the line "No New Taxes" is what ruined HW election chances, not the economy. And HW BARELY won the nomination in 88, only because of said slogan........which he broke.

How George H.W. Bush's broken 'no new taxes' pledge changed American politics and policy forever

Hey, look at that name below

In the wake of the election, conservatives such as Rush Limbaugh and anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist made the case that the broken tax pledge cost Bush the presidency. Fair or not, the belief that Bush was politically devastated as a result of the broken promise on taxes was seared into the Republican consciousness.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The party of Reagan is now the party of victims. Hard economic data numbers suggest there is a slow down. Deficit spending increasing while less than expected GDP. And the micro numbers behind the GDP show government spending and consumer spending being the only factors causing the small expansions.

But it’s all the media. The 30 attack on education and media is coming to fruition for the GOP leaders who accepted that mouth breathing sycophants make up their motivated base.

Opee has never had an original thought of jer own. She just copies and pastes weirdo internet trash.

yes. economy good. libs make up fake stories about it being bad. win/win

OPs best thread ever and it isn’t even close.

Quoting Rush, conspiracies based on gibberish, overwhelming lack of evidence to prove his point- other than Rush, changing lanes and topics every other post, endorsing RICK PERRY, not understanding the global bond market, and again blaming liberals

Pure gold Pony Boy. Don’t ever change.

Quoting Rush, conspiracies based on gibberish, overwhelming lack of evidence to prove his point- other than Rush, changing lanes and topics every other post, endorsing RICK PERRY, not understanding the global bond market, and again blaming liberals

I've been saying he's a troll going on a year now..........and I do admit he's a pretty good one. In another thread today he said he didn't know if I was a liberal or not, but in a thread last week he called me a liberal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrVenkman

This drives me ****ing insane

Reactions: DrVenkman
Walmart's earnings and strong retail sales figures led investors to believe the U.S. consumer could help the country avoid a recession.

Liberals said he grabbed women and is racist... we said we don't care if the economy is great. liberals said russia and we said we don't care if the economy is great. liberals said the economy isn't great we said no you're wrong it's great. Next thing Liberals are going to say is we didn't get the judges in we wanted.

I've been saying he's a troll going on a year now..........and I do admit he's a pretty good one. In another thread today he said he didn't know if I was a liberal or not, but in a thread last week he called me a liberal.
I said probably so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT