ADVERTISEMENT

Russell out for Baylor

Funny that ISU might have changed the outcome for many teams in the playoff chase. Baylor suddenly seems a tad vulnerable.

Never know...I heard somewhere on radio the Baylor backup might actually be better than Russell.

Reactions: icwestisthebest
He might be more talented, but that is a pretty tough act to follow for a true Freshman.

He might be more talented, but that is a pretty tough act to follow for a true Freshman.

Stidham is pretty good. He is better than most teams starting QB's on top 25 teams. However being a frosh and having all the added pressure now at mid season it would be crazy to think this wont be a step back for Baylor. If he shines and all of a sudden leads Baylor all the way that would be one hell of a QB competition next year.

He was the second ranked qb prospect in his class so certainly no slouch. The defenses he faces though will be tougher. A little bit, not much.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
Baylor was about to take a big slide anyway. Talk about not playing anybody... But that's about to end, so Baylor's midnight was about to strike anyway. Now they have an excuse for losing three or four games, that's all.

Reactions: MadDogC
Baylor was about to take a big slide anyway. Talk about not playing anybody... But that's about to end, so Baylor's midnight was about to strike anyway. Now they have an excuse for losing three or four games, that's all.

Agreed. Their best win is what? WV? TX Tech?

And people bash iowa's schedule. What a joke.

I certainly feel for the Russell kid, and hope he comes back healthy next year. However, I have to question why he was running the ball with only a few minutes left in a blow out game. Why was he even in the lineup at that point?

I certainly feel for the Russell kid, and hope he comes back healthy next year. However, I have to question why he was running the ball with only a few minutes left in a blow out game. Why was he even in the lineup at that point?
If you think a two-score difference with 6 minutes to play is a blowout, when the opponent has outscored you 20-0 over the last two quarters, I can understand your position. Art Briles clearly didn't feel that way, because on the next play he kicked a field goal to provide a scoring cushion instead of going for it on fourth and one.

But even if you consider it a blowout, the reality is that Russell could use the statistics and Baylor definitely could use more points because of the playoff eligibility factor. Even if they weren't going to lose the game, the Bears could have ended up winning by a single TD, which wouldn't have helped them.

Reactions: MadDogC
Sucks for Russel/Baylor. The kid coming in might be great or average. Texas A&M has had stud recruits since Johnny that have been vulnerable. I guess Baylor's advantage is the lack of defense on their schedule.

That game was NOT over at that point. ISU was playing well and Baylor was looking to get out of the rain.

OSU did it last year with their 3rd string QB. If Baylor is truly deserving of the playoff they will still make it happen. Look how Iowa has fought through injuries this year. Injuries are part of football and good/great team prevail. With that being said I'm hoping they loose several games, beat TCU, and no BigXII team makes the playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT