ADVERTISEMENT

Russell Wilson to the Broncos

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Seahawks get a lot in return: Lock, Fant (TE), Harris (DL), 2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders & a 5th rounder!!

Ugh...I think the league has moved on from Watson. Texans will be lucky to get one first and a couple mid-round picks.....

Lots of stuff going on in the NFL today in addition to the Wilson news.

That said, I doubt he can help Denver keep up with the Chiefs.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
22aa100e81a443dd8226bd9ceb23a508.jpg

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Lots of stuff going on in the NFL today in addition to the Wilson news.

That said, I doubt he can help Denver keep up with the Chiefs.
I think this significantly improves Denver's chances relative to the Chiefs. The Broncos should be home favorites against the Chiefs with the current rosters + Wilson.

Reactions: Pinehawk

Broncos signed QB Russell Wilson to a five-year, $245 million contract extension.​

The deal includes $165 million guaranteed and will keep Wilson in Denver for seven seasons in total. In terms of average annual value, the deal puts him just behind Aaron Rodgers as the second-highest paid quarterback in the NFL. It's a major commitment that further indicates that Denver is playing things differently with Wilson than Seattle did. HC Nathaniel Hackett is expected to build an offense more tailored to Wilson, rather than the run game. If Wilson shakes off this poor play from the end of 2021, when he was recovering from mallet finger, he has a chance for a career passing season.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Got to have a franchise QB to have a chance in the NFL. The Broncos know that (Elway, Manning...and then the lean years).
So, this is a great move to stabilize things for the next half decade.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Got to have a franchise QB to have a chance in the NFL. The Broncos know that (Elway, Manning...and then the lean years).
So, this is a great move to stabilize things for the next half decade.
The Panthers may have to pull some shlub from the stands with another injury at QB. :confused:

Crazy he was the 75th pick, having watched him play in college against FSU and then after his last season at Wisconsin. Even crazier how the NC State ran him off.

Reactions: mnole03
Seattle won because of defense.

jury is out IMO if Wilson can carry a team. Excited to see this story line and Dolphins story line play out. He also isn’t young.

“great team, just need a QB” is something that makes me chuckle. How do you know?

Wilson had terrible offensive line play in Seattle and was constantly running for his life. If Denver can protect him, Wilson will be great.

jury is out IMO if Wilson can carry a team. Excited to see this story line and Dolphins story line play out. He also isn’t young.

“great team, just need a QB” is something that makes me chuckle. How do you know?
Wilson doesn't have to carry the team. Javonte Williams is going to become a superstar over the next few years, which will be a big help to him/the team.

I know Russell Wilson is better than Drew Lock. And, the Broncos, and now Seattle, aren't going anywhere with Drew Lock. Wilson is a massive upgrade and makes the Broncos a contender.

Hope it turns around bc this start has been pretty rough. Espcially since the injuries really piled up last night. Need Wilson to play out of his mind in division games.

what a moron
Incredible way for Seattle to upgrade at the QB position and for Denver to get worse. Wilson looked like a Middle Scholl QB last night, throwing the ball as hard as he could downfield without looking, either to the defense or 10 yards out of the end zone.

Few QBs can take up a massive amount of salary cap and carry a team. Which is what needs to happen when you pay a QB mega bucks.

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT