ADVERTISEMENT

Russia acoustic attacks that cause "Havana Syndrome" happening in the US now

Beginning in 2022, several major studies were published with none finding any evidence of the reported conditions being the result of actions by a hostile power; some cited psychogenic factors, environmental causes, or pre-existing medical conditions as possible causes of the disease. In January 2022, the Central Intelligence Agency issued an interim assessment concluding that the syndrome is not the result of "a sustained global campaign by a hostile power." Foreign involvement was ruled out in 976 cases of the 1,000 reviewed.[16][17] In February 2022, the State Department released a report by the JASON Advisory Group, which stated that it was highly unlikely that a directed energy attack had caused the health incidents.[18] In March 2023, seven U.S. intelligence agencies completed a review of the proposed cases of Havana syndrome and released an unclassified report with the consensus that "available intelligence consistently points against the involvement of US adversaries in causing the reported incidents" and that a foreign adversary's involvement was "very unlikely".[19][20] This stance was reiterated in a March 2024 report by the National Intelligence Council.[21]

While I believe that something was attacking them there just isn't enough evidence to point the finger at anyone in particular. It's sophisticated enough to be the Russians though. I'm just not sure what they plan on getting out of this beyond just annoying the crap out of us. Seems a bit petty and non-distructive for Russians. So, until there is solid evidence to the "who", it will just be an open investigation in my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT