ADVERTISEMENT

Russian money to the NRA...

Check the laws out, if this is too challenging for your brain to handle.
I don't need to read laws to explain common sense. You and Washington support an aggressive foreign policy that is antagonistic to democracy. Then, accuse others of meddling and aggressiveness...even though said nation has meddled in 84 elections. How rich? Get your brain around that.

This whole thread seems pretty silly. I mean, are we really talking about $2,500, people just want to be outraged and play the gotcha political game.

This whole thread seems pretty silly. I mean, are we really talking about $2,500

No; that is simply all the NRA is disclosing, based upon what they legally would be required to disclose. Investigators are examining tens of millions in PAC money and where it originated, and who/which entities it went through.

Very much in line with what we've now seen from Michael Cohen; and if Cohen had any records on NRA stuff....Hoo-boy! Those just got into prosecutors grimy little hands this AM....

art.clintonlavrov1.gi.jpg

Enemies?

The Russians arn't a hot war enemy but they obviously don't have our best interests at heart so I think calling them an enemy state is accurate.

We still do diplomacy with them, but that doesn't make them not an enemy.

No. The NRA...try to keep up if you're going to try and participate in the conversation.
Oh. My fault. Im not a hypocrite. So i assumed we could lump everyone in for the same crimes. Not just cherry pick for our agendas. My bad. You keep doing you.

Reactions: obfuscating
No. The NRA...try to keep up if you're going to try and participate in the conversation.
Oh. My fault. Im not a hypocrite. So i assumed we could lump everyone in for the same crimes. Not just cherry pick for our agendas. My bad. You keep doing you.

The same crimes? Obama and Hillary campaigns illegally laundered foreign money to make political donations?

So basically "We acknowledge that we have been taking money from nationals of an enemy of the United States and we refuse to answer any more questions about it."
I guess you all just overlooked this... (I know, the millions that Clinton's got is "little gravy" compared to the 2,512.00 the NRA recieved).

Although the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation agreed not to accept donations from foreign governments while Hillary Rodham Clinton served as secretary of state, it did accept millions of dollars in contributions from private donors with ties to foreign governments, the Wall Street Journal reports.

For example, the foundation received at least $8.6 million between 2009 and 2013 from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in Kiev, Ukraine, whose founder is married to the daughter of former Ukrainian president Leonid Kuchma. In 2008, Pinchuk made a five-year, $29 million commitment to the Clinton Global Initiative to fund a program to train future Ukrainian leaders and professionals after being introduced to Bill Clinton by Doug Schoen, a pollster who subsequently registered as Pinchuk's lobbyist. While Schoen said his lobbying was unrelated to the donations, the Pinchuk Foundation told the Journal they were intended to help make Ukraine "a successful, free, modern country based on European values" and that if Pinchuk was perceived to be lobbying the State Department, "this cannot be seen as anything but a good thing."

During Rodham Clinton's tenure at State, the foundation also received donations from Venezuelan media mogul Gustavo Cisneros, who is active in Venezuelan politics and has long advocated for the restoration of ties between the U.S. and Cuba, and the foundation of Victor Dahdaleh, a London businessman with ties to Bahrain's state-owned aluminum company. In 2013 and 2014, the foundation also received contributions from Saudi Arabia's Prince Turki al-Faisal, a former ambassador to the U.S., and Rilin Enterprises, part of a privately held Chinese construction, infrastructure, and port management company run by a member of the National People's Congress. The foreign donors reached by the Journal said they contributed to the foundation for charitable, not political, reasons. The foundation has said that if Rodham Clinton runs for president in 2016, it would consider once again restricting donations from foreign governments, while under federal election law, foreign governments, individuals, and corporations would be barred from giving to her campaign.

I guess you all just overlooked this... (I know, the millions that Clinton's got is "little gravy" compared to the 2,512.00 the NRA recieved).

Although the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation agreed not to accept donations from foreign governments while Hillary Rodham Clinton served as secretary of state, it did accept millions of dollars in contributions from private donors with ties to foreign governments, the Wall Street Journal reports.

For example, the foundation received at least $8.6 million between 2009 and 2013 from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in Kiev, Ukraine, whose founder is married to the daughter of former Ukrainian president Leonid Kuchma. In 2008, Pinchuk made a five-year, $29 million commitment to the Clinton Global Initiative to fund a program to train future Ukrainian leaders and professionals after being introduced to Bill Clinton by Doug Schoen, a pollster who subsequently registered as Pinchuk's lobbyist. While Schoen said his lobbying was unrelated to the donations, the Pinchuk Foundation told the Journal they were intended to help make Ukraine "a successful, free, modern country based on European values" and that if Pinchuk was perceived to be lobbying the State Department, "this cannot be seen as anything but a good thing."

During Rodham Clinton's tenure at State, the foundation also received donations from Venezuelan media mogul Gustavo Cisneros, who is active in Venezuelan politics and has long advocated for the restoration of ties between the U.S. and Cuba, and the foundation of Victor Dahdaleh, a London businessman with ties to Bahrain's state-owned aluminum company. In 2013 and 2014, the foundation also received contributions from Saudi Arabia's Prince Turki al-Faisal, a former ambassador to the U.S., and Rilin Enterprises, part of a privately held Chinese construction, infrastructure, and port management company run by a member of the National People's Congress. The foreign donors reached by the Journal said they contributed to the foundation for charitable, not political, reasons. The foundation has said that if Rodham Clinton runs for president in 2016, it would consider once again restricting donations from foreign governments, while under federal election law, foreign governments, individuals, and corporations would be barred from giving to her campaign.

Their foundation doesn't use money for political purposes. The NRA is nearly 100% political.

Now I think the question of if the Clintons would give favor to nations or people giving money to the foundation is a fair question, but ultimately they now lack the power to do so anyways. Their foundation does not use the money for political purposes (to change law or policy).

The NRA does use money for those purposes.

Reactions: Joes Place
Their foundation doesn't use money for political purposes. The NRA is nearly 100% political.
And I have a bridge to sell you in Iceland. :rolleyes:

DId you miss this little nugget int he article?

the Pinchuk Foundation told the Journal they were intended to help make Ukraine "a successful, free, modern country based on European values" and that if Pinchuk was perceived to be lobbying the State Department, "this cannot be seen as anything but a good thing."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT