ADVERTISEMENT

Russians supposedly hack the Dow.....

HawktimusPrime

HB Legend
Mar 23, 2015
......can't wait to hear how this is a reason as to why the Dow loses it's momentum......as if it had any.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...of-dow-jones-said-to-have-sought-trading-tips

Dow Jones, which publishes The Wall Street Journal, may have been hacked. Russian hackers have broken into Dow Jones servers and stolen information that they then traded on, according to a Bloomberg report.

The FBI, the secret service, and the SEC have been investigating the hack for at least a year, according to the report.

Bloomberg said it wasn't clear if Dow Jones' news operations were targeted, but two of the people it cited said hackers sought information on stories being prepared.

The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and other Dow Jones publications often move shares of publicly listed stocks with scoops and analysis. Dow Jones is owned by Rupert Murdoch's Newscorp.

About a week ago, Dow Jones said that hackers had intruded, seeking contact and payment information for some 3,500 customers, according to the Bloomberg report.

It's not clear whether the new probe is related that.

Thread title is misleading

HP's apparent comprehension of the story (based on his thread title) reminds me of this:
cia.png

Why will Dow Jones being hacked affect the momentum of the Dow?
It won't, it will just be used as an excuse as to why it goes down. Remember, they very pointedly made an issue with them going after insider secrets. Set up the scenario, use that scenario to blame for something that is set to pass, then that way the blame isn't pushed on the real issue.

Simple.

WTF are you even talking about? This happened over a year ago. You seem to want to find reasons why the stock market keeps going down, which of course isn't even happening. It will go down at some point eventually, and like everyone else you won't be able to predict it.

WTF are you even talking about? This happened over a year ago. You seem to want to find reasons why the stock market keeps going down, which of course isn't even happening. It will go down at some point eventually, and like everyone else you won't be able to predict it.
Thank you, i've been waiting for someone to point that out. Can you guess why funky idiot?

LMAO!!!

Translation:
"Oops. Now I need to weasel out of yet another inane post."
Not so much, try and keep up. You of all people are too shortsighted to get what I'm saying here. Think about it, something that happened a year ago, is now all of the sudden a story.....

Pretty hard to hack to dow. I mean a public index of publicly traded stocks with transparent methodology is obviously under tight lock and key.

And since it happened A YEAR ago, it's obviously going to impact things now - and people will be using it as an excuse....for....something.

The OP has the reading comprehension skills of a 4 year old (which would have been the reading comprehension of a 3 year old when the hacking actually occurred....)

So let me get this straight. OP has his stuff in a wad because they hacked into a newspaper and took info on stories and customer addresses and somehow this is going to have a major impact on the U.S. economy?

'Bout par for the course.

So let me get this straight. OP has his stuff in a wad because they hacked into a newspaper and took info on stories and customer addresses and somehow this is going to have a major impact on the U.S. economy?

'Bout par for the course.
No ANYmoron, I'm not saying this will have a REAL effect. I'm saying that it will be used an an excuse here soon. Hence why what happened, is being made a big deal in the press now.

No ANYmoron, I'm not saying this will have a REAL effect. I'm saying that it will be used an an excuse here soon. Hence why what happened, is being made a big deal in the press now.

Ok got it. Sorry for being dumb.

We are all now gonna blame this attack on a newspaper when the economy downturn happens that you've been calling for years despite everybody laughing at you at the thread.

Also it's such a big deal that there have been 200 news stories about it in the press. ( for comparison sake lamar odom has 1,555)

Reactions: cigaretteman
Ok got it. Sorry for being dumb.

We are all now gonna blame this attack on a newspaper when the economy downturn happens that you've been calling for years despite everybody laughing at you at the thread.

Also it's such a big deal that there have been 200 news stories about it in the press. ( for comparison sake lamar odom has 1,555)
Has he really been calling this for years? Years being the key word.

Yes. For years he's been telling us how the economy is gonna collapse, whether it be cause by Africa, China or Russia or two guys in a basement, yet there it is chugging along.
First off, I have NOT been telling this for years. That is a flat out lie. Second, if your claim is somewhat true, then link me to it. Any moron, is being moronic again.

First off, I have NOT been telling this for years. That is a flat out lie. Second, if your claim is somewhat true, then link me to it. Any moron, is being moronic again.

Kind of hard to link with the constant name changes and the board switch. But, at least I can admit to being a moran and don't whine and name call like you when called out on your crap.

Kind of hard to link with the constant name changes and the board switch. But, at least I can admit to being a moran and don't whine and name call like you when called out on your crap.
Moran reference is admirable, but old. i'll call you what you are when you lie about who I am.....think about that.

Moran reference is admirable, but old. i'll call you what you are when you lie about who I am.....think about that.

You can call me whatever you want, they're just words. But the fact you can defend your idiotic posts when called out is kinda sad.

insider trading and front running happens all the time. hell, Jack Ryan funded an entire clandestine CIA unit doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT