ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers is a JOKE!

truehawkfan45

All-Conference
Jan 13, 2020
I have never watched a more sorry ass team. The tall ass goofy kid on the bench screaming “and one” on every layup. The video coordinator getting T’d up. 22 throwing a dirty elbow to Connor and Jbo every possession. Every player crying after any miss.

There’s a reason Underwood told us to kick their ass. Shit ain’t too sweet when the refs don’t let you hack every time down the court. They tried to give us some smoke and when we gave it back, they didn’t like it. NEXT!

The whole program is based around hacking, slamming, grabbing defense.
It's why they generally suck away from the RAC. They are allowed to turn the game into a mosh pit at home, but not so much elsewhere. Amazing the S&C coach got tossed. I get that maybe the ref should just ignore, but after getting the hammer once he did it again, right in Boroski's face.

I like what Pikiel has done with the program. Needed to give them an identity, and they embraced playing physical. But their schtick gets old.

They mug all game and cry when officials actually enforce rules? They're lucky the refs swallowed their whistles the 1st 9mins it they'd all foul out!!!

Not impressed...

Pikiel and Geno Baker/Ron Harper were fine in post game. Rutgers almost beat a tough team in NCAA last year (Houston?)....I think they will be tough out in NCAA tourney. There starting 5 is salty defensively....bench looks weak.
All depends how the game is called. They do play hard and I respect Pikiel, Harper, Geo Baker. Mulcahey is highly annoying, but I'm sure opponents find Connor annoying.

Like I said earlier, irrational dislike for Rutgers. There’s going to be a lot of sad fist pumping on the Jersey Shore tonight.
giphy.gif

I didn't see a second of the game. Is there any video of the strength guy getting technicals and ejected?

I don't know, I kind of like Rutgers - a rag tag bunch of junkyard players. Mr. Pickle is a very good coach. Mulcahy is Felix the Cat with his bag of trick shots. A Rutgers cheerleaders NIL deal with Weight Watchers is a no-brainer.

Pikiell signed an extension until 2030, so we had better get used to this style of ball. You have to wonder if they can make any real progress in a league as tough as the B1G or whether they will always be stuck in the center or lower. Kind of like us.

Pikiell signed an extension until 2030, so we had better get used to this style of ball. You have to wonder if they can make any real progress in a league as tough as the B1G or whether they will always be stuck in the center or lower. Kind of like us.
Iowa is moving up if you haven't noticed.

I don't know, I kind of like Rutgers - a rag tag bunch of junkyard players. Mr. Pickle is a very good coach. Mulcahy is Felix the Cat with his bag of trick shots. A Rutgers cheerleaders NIL deal with Weight Watchers is a no-brainer.

Let’s not forget the S&C coach receiving the two techs and early exit. He’s like that crazy brother in law who shows up unannounced and hijinks ensues.

That is true. the reversal on Harper/Murray was huge, but was absolutely the right call. Unbiased announcers even said so.
Honesty compels me to report that I called the cylinder rule immediately when Harper got what he had comin'. It was almost a carbon copy of the call AGAINST JBo several games ago in Iowa City. JBo got elbowed in the face, but the foul was called on him for being in the cylinder. Same deal today, but I was shocked when, upon review, the refs got it right! I guess we still do live in the age of miracles, especially when you realize the refs actually called a bunch of fouls on Rutgers today and Iowa made, what, 24 straight FTs?

their board is a post of "most annoying players" and they call out Jbo & McCaffrey's sons and of course mr. obvious Brad Davison. They really hated the Garzilla.
Bunch of turds🤣
Did they include their entire team that can't figure out when a game is over? Pretty sad.

All depends how the game is called. They do play hard and I respect Pikiel, Harper, Geo Baker. Mulcahey is highly annoying, but I'm sure opponents find Connor annoying.
Did anyone else notice, late in the first half, after Mulcahey tripped trying to drive, he reached back and tried to grab Kris's ankle so he couldn't be part of the fast break?

It's why they generally suck away from the RAC. They are allowed to turn the game into a mosh pit at home, but not so much elsewhere. Amazing the S&C coach got tossed. I get that maybe the ref should just ignore, but after getting the hammer once he did it again, right in Boroski's face.

I like what Pikiel has done with the program. Needed to give them an identity, and they embraced playing physical. But their schtick gets old.
I have a feeling there were some magic words. I know some say Boroski is sensitive but his reaction said, "Magic words."

Over on their board is a post of "most annoying players" and they call out Jbo & McCaffrey's sons and of course mr. obvious Brad Davison. They really hated the Garzilla.
Bunch of turds🤣

Half of our fan base says the same thing about Connor and JBo. Connor was chirpy today at an unusual level. I don't get the hate for Patrick. He isn't like Connor or Fran. He looks goofy while playing but I don't think there is anything he really whines about. Garza is all salt. Dude just out worked everyone on the floor.

All that said, I have no problem with Rutgers. I don't like their defensive style of grabbing but it is how Wisconsin and Penn St. play as well. Michigan St. does the same but tries to score more.
Did anyone else notice, late in the first half, after Mulcahey tripped trying to drive, he reached back and tried to grab Kris's ankle so he couldn't be part of the fast break?
Absolutely did. He got lucky he missed. They clearly tangled feet and Mulcahey tried to draw a foul while Kris just gave ground.

Honesty compels me to report that I called the cylinder rule immediately when Harper got what he had comin'. It was almost a carbon copy of the call AGAINST JBo several games ago in Iowa City. JBo got elbowed in the face, but the foul was called on him for being in the cylinder. Same deal today, but I was shocked when, upon review, the refs got it right! I guess we still do live in the age of miracles, especially when you realize the refs actually called a bunch of fouls on Rutgers today and Iowa made, what, 24 straight FTs?

You and me both. I yelled as soon as I saw it that Harper was too close.

Reactions: 24 so far
I actually like Rutgers and I like their coach. I can see where people may not like their style.
I will pull hard for Rutgers in the NCAA tournament. Defense is their identity and I do respect that. Big Ten is easily the most physical basketball conference in the country. No blood, no foul.

It may just be my perception, but it seems to me that B10 teams sometimes suffer in the national tournament because they get an out of conference officiating crew who are quick with the whistle on contact which is "incidental" or otherwise normal and not a foul in the previous 20+ games.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Half of our fan base says the same thing about Connor and JBo. Connor was chirpy today at an unusual level. I don't get the hate for Patrick. He isn't like Connor or Fran. He looks goofy while playing but I don't think there is anything he really whines about. Garza is all salt. Dude just out worked everyone on the floor.

All that said, I have no problem with Rutgers. I don't like their defensive style of grabbing but it is how Wisconsin and Penn St. play as well. Michigan St. does the same but tries to score more.

Absolutely did. He got lucky he missed. They clearly tangled feet and Mulcahey tried to draw a foul while Kris just gave ground.

You and me both. I yelled as soon as I saw it that Harper was too close.
I don't know that they tangled feet. I think Mulcahey was out of control and Kris just let him fall. Then Mulcahey reached over his head and tried to grab his leg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT