ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers is a JOKE!

I don't know that they tangled feet. I think Mulcahey was out of control and Kris just let him fall. Then Mulcahey reached over his head and tried to grab his leg.

Sorry, not tangled feet. That was my fault. I thought he was out of control and may have stepped on Kris' foot.

Guys ---Rutgers alum here and let me congratulate Iowa on its win. You have a very fine team that stands a good chance of not only winning the Big Ten but going deep into the NCAA's. I actually think Iowa is better than Garza's team --you play better defense and rebound ,have more options on offense , and Keegan Murray is outstanding. Good luck the rest of the way...
Ps--Rutgers is no joke......

Guys ---Rutgers alum here and let me congratulate Iowa on its win. You have a very fine team that stands a good chance of not only winning the Big Ten but going deep into the NCAA's. I actually think Iowa is better than Garza's team --you play better defense and rebound ,have more options on offense , and Keegan Murray is outstanding. Good luck the rest of the way...
Thank you sir. I actually like your team but the style can get a bit frustrating. Good deal locking up the coach for an extension. Out AD usually waits until a coach craps the bed before doing that. Hope you guys are in the tournament and can pick up a win or two once you get there.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Rutgers has a really tough starting five, but there is no excuse for how their games are "officiated" in the RAC. I like defense, but constant grabbing and bumping should not be part of the game. I hope they get to dance and have some success, but they will have to do it without mugging their opponent.

Reactions: 24 so far
Did anyone else notice, late in the first half, after Mulcahey tripped trying to drive, he reached back and tried to grab Kris's ankle so he couldn't be part of the fast break?
Total douche move! Saw it too

Good luck in the tourney.

Reactions: kcgolfer
Here's what Connor said about getting the second T after his interaction with Rutgers' Paul Mulcahy:

FNmxDT8XwA0sVbK

Pikiel and Geno Baker/Ron Harper were fine in post game. Rutgers almost beat a tough team in NCAA last year (Houston?)....I think they will be tough out in NCAA tourney. There starting 5 is salty defensively....bench looks weak.
Pikiel is a really good coach. The job he’s done there has been pretty phenomenal considering they’ve been like a KU football type of program. Post game Dolph was saying rutgers hasn’t been to back to back tourneys since the late 70s and last year was first tourney since 91’. Baker and Harper have been reason why they’ve been good last few years. Will not miss Harper who lit us up a few times but Keegan shut him down today. As for the bench had zero points today. As stated by others when not at the RAC getting fouls called they lack depth and that’s hurt them this year.

Mulchahy went over the line on those two plays but that is on him alone.
I respect Pickell and Geo and the rest for scrapping and clawing out of the bottom of the league to make the Dance two years in a row.
I think with Pickell lined up for many years they could maintain this program.
I know that the next Harper is #45 rated recruit in the nation so if they land him that is big.
Omouryi is a top 50 recruit.
NJ and area is loaded with talent.
RU could be a sleeping giant starting to arise.
I like having an East Coast presence in the league with RU and MD in great recruiting areas in both sports.
Rooting for RU and all Big Ten schools next week.

There fans really showed their ignorance yesterday. I can’t believe anyone who played or watches a lot of bball would believe that was a foul on Murray, I also can’t believe they think that was the deciding factor of the game. Enjoy the NIT!

Pikiel and Geno Baker/Ron Harper were fine in post game. Rutgers almost beat a tough team in NCAA last year (Houston?)....I think they will be tough out in NCAA tourney. There starting 5 is salty defensively....bench looks weak.
I dont think they get in. 1st 4 play in game at most but i think there nit bound!

Rutgers gave away that game to Houston. Baker/Harper were good in post game. Feels like they have been there as long as JBO.

It was an obvious cylinder violation once we saw the replay. Glad they got it right.
And a lot of fans probably did not know of that rule until yesterday.
I did not know that. BB has gotten so physical from the days it was a no contact sport to today something needed to be there to protect the offensive players space.

Good luck in the tourney.
Thanks . I hope we get selected tomorrow . We have a fine team that plays tough defense with several players that can score . And this might surprise everyone but every member of the starting five was selected to some post season all big ten team- including Mulcahy and Cliff O. named honorable mention all big ten ....

Last edited:
Bingo. And when the refs don’t allow it, they cry worse than a toddler.
They are to basketball what Penn State fans are to football when it comes to whining about officiating. Mulcahy is a douchebag and a dirty player. They were whining in full force on their boards last night. I got banned for saying the better team won. They are a sensitive bunch. I guess that comes form being from Jersey. Land of Snooki’s and the situation.

Thanks . I hope we get selected tomorrow . We have a fine team that p[lays tough defense with several players that can score . And this might surprise everyone by every member of the starting five was selected to some post season all big ten team- including Mulcahy and Cliff O. named honorable mention all big ten ....
You have a team that plays dirty and then whines about it when they get called on it. Mulcahy deserves a good ass kicking.

You have a team that plays dirty and then whines about it when they get called on it. Mulcahy deserves a good ass kicking.
They don't play dirty. You equate tough physical defense with "playing dirty." Many in this thread mention the Indiana game where Mulcahy received a technical. What you may not know is that several minutes before the incident Indiana's Xavier Johnson ( "0") engaged in a "hook and hold " on Mulcahy that incredibly was not called on Johnson but Mulcahy . And when he did get the "T", if you actually view the event in its entirety you'll see that the same Johnson pushed Mulcahy out of bounds and then Paul raised his arm to block the push and ended up striking Johnson..

They don't play dirty. You equate tough physical defense with "playing dirty." Many in this thread mention the Indiana game where Mulcahy received a technical. What you may not know is that several minutes before the incident Indiana's Xavier Johnson ( "0") engaged in a "hook and hold " on Mulcahy that incredibly was not called on Johnson but Mulcahy . And when he did get the "T", if you actually view the event in its entirety you'll see that the same Johnson pushed Mulcahy out of bounds and then Paul raised his arm to block the push and ended up striking Johnson..

Agreed. Not gonna find many X Johnson defenders here.

ADVERTISEMENT