ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Not Budging On Postponement Stance

NO%20KNIGHTS.jpg

It's New Jersey. Its political.

Bingo

I'm willing to be that Rutgers saying no will open the door for a few other schools to say no. And yes, if they don't play they should be cut out of the money this year.

This is not a good first major decision by the new president who was hired, in part, because he was thought to be athletics friendly, unlike our prior president

Bingo

I'm willing to be that Rutgers saying no will open the door for a few other schools to say no. And yes, if they don't play they should be cut out of the money this year.

This is not a good first major decision by the new president who was hired, in part, because he was thought to be athletics friendly, unlike our prior president
yep they can just sit this year out without pay

Reactions: pmtdc
I understand why Rutgers, of all the Big Ten schools, is the most hesitant to get back to sports. New Jersey is still top 5 in Covid deaths and they were one of the hardest hit states during the worst part of this. So I get it...........but that doesn't mean they should be responsible for holding everyone else back. Sorry not sorry, Rutgers.

I understand why Rutgers, of all the Big Ten schools, is the most hesitant to get back to sports. New Jersey is still top 5 in Covid deaths and they were one of the hardest hit states during the worst part of this. So I get it...........but that doesn't mean they should be responsible for holding everyone else back. Sorry not sorry, Rutgers.

Actually, it should be the exact opposite. NJ got hit early back in April. But by July, their infection rate had dropped nearly 90% from its peak, and has essentially flat-lined since. The states that should be concerned going forward are the ones with the lowest percentages of their populations that have been infected. That means most of the area west of the Missouri River, save Washington, California, and Arizona.

Bingo

We had one sorta like that prior to our current Prez. She had put a severe clamp down on the festivities allowable pre and post game around Kinnick. People got pissed.

Reactions: rchawk

Well dude we have been around as long as you. Served up a royal ass beating the last time we met and have not really been blown out by you guys since you had Eddie George in Fry's waning years. And this year you will get crushed in wrestling and basketball by the Hawks.

If it is just a popularity contest then sure you guys win. Nice job, nice effort!

New Jersey deaths flatlined late July.

Actually, it should be the exact opposite. NJ got hit early back in April. But by July, their infection rate had dropped nearly 90% from its peak, and has essentially flat-lined since. The states that should be concerned going forward are the ones with the lowest percentages of their populations that have been infected. That means most of the area west of the Missouri River, save Washington, California, and Arizona.

Exactly. The states like NY and NJ achieved herd immunity as they sent patients back into nursing homes, which resulted in the highest deaths per capita of any 2 states in the country. Yet Cuomo won't let restaurants serve people inside until 9/30 and Murphy in NJ is still locking down stuff for whatever reason.

Exactly. The states like NY and NJ achieved herd immunity as they sent patients back into nursing homes, which resulted in the highest deaths per capita of any 2 states in the country. Yet Cuomo won't let restaurants serve people inside until 9/30 and Murphy in NJ is still locking down stuff for whatever reason.

And now they are killing NYC by keeping it all mostly closed. And they are doing it for politics. Shit will get reopened real quick in later November.

Well dude we have been around as long as you. Served up a royal ass beating the last time we met and have not really been blown out by you guys since you had Eddie George in Fry's waning years. And this year you will get crushed in wrestling and basketball by the Hawks.

If it is just a popularity contest then sure you guys win. Nice job, nice effort!

Uh...he was complimenting us. As in Iowa in same breath as UM and OSU (which is flattering but obviously not true)

Smile, be nice.

Uh...he was complimenting us. As in Iowa in same breath as UM and OSU (which is flattering but obviously not true)

Smile, be nice.

Thank you! I appreciate you posting this. I said it because I believe Iowa absolutely is a well respected and long time member of this conference. I have no idea what Hawkfeevers problem is but it in no way a slam to Iowa.

Actually Cuomo opened up dining in NYS awhile ago. It is comrade DeBlasio who has been forced by Cuomo & the many lawsuits by restaurant owners, to open indoor dining in NYC... And he's still not allowing it until September 30.
The man has singlehandedly destroyed the city.

Last edited:
And now they are killing NYC by keeping it all mostly closed. And they are doing it for politics. Shit will get reopened real quick in later November.
Count to 10 and breathe, he was just giving you guys a compliment.

Breathe....lol He was just giving you guys a compliment. We are all in this together...now let's all sit Native American style ( can't say the other word) and pray to the great Football God, that the BIG pulls it's head out of it's ass.... ;)

Count to 10 and breathe, he was just giving you guys a compliment.

Breathe....lol He was just giving you guys a compliment. We are all in this together...now let's all sit Native American style ( can't say the other word) and pray to the great Football God, that the BIG pulls it's head out of it's ass.... ;)

The Iowa fan base is not immune to idiocy. It's amazing some people's lack of reading comprehension.

Reactions: Buck2427
Yeah . . . Rutgers is holding up the "return to play" plan. ROFLMFAO.

Take Rutgers out of the equation and it is 10-3 for the postponement of the season.

I have to laugh at all of the DT Barnum supporters on this thread claiming that the whole COVID thing was "political." For all practical purposes, the dumbshit simply couldn't control himself at one of his self-aggrandizing events and said that COVID was simply a "Democratic hoax." In other words . . . he made it political from the start. Faux News, Limbaugh and other right-wing nutjobs ran with it and, from there, his supporters have blindly followed that mantra.

Now, thanks to Bob Woodward, we have DT Barnum admitting that he knew that it was "bad," "more serious than the flu" and that it was spread by "airborne" transmission in early February 2020. But . . . he "played it down" and - like just about everything he does - sought to drive a wedge between our citizenry. Imagine if he simply had the gumption to say "You know how we can beat this virus? Everyone mask up for 60 days. Social distance. Americans can beat down this enemy by pulling together." There would be B1G football being played this weekend. We'd be nervous about whether Iowa can beat ISU . . . we'd be chatting about what Iowa showed/didn't show against UNI.

All of you people claiming that "this is simply politics" should look at the guy sitting behind the Resolut Desk. It has been his goal from the start - on everything. We are paying the price for it.

And, if you have the ability to look at it objectively, had he actually attempted to lead and coalesce the country, his re-election chances would be far better than they are today.

Reactions: BettDogs7
Bingo

Have a lot of family and friends in Michigan. Everyone they talk to no matter if they're Democrat or Republican think its political. No secret the Rutgers president is very anti Trump. I know the B1G president's at several of these B1G schools don't want to give in and make it look like Trump had any influence right now on the B1G resuming the season but I think if they continue down this path they're not going to like how the votes go come November in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Rutgers is a bye week already. Give the team that was supposed to face them a W and move on. Rutgers can keep their politics and the conference can move on this year without them.

Yeah . . . Rutgers is holding up the "return to play" plan. ROFLMFAO.

Take Rutgers out of the equation and it is 10-3 for the postponement of the season.

I have to laugh at all of the DT Barnum supporters on this thread claiming that the whole COVID thing was "political." For all practical purposes, the dumbshit simply couldn't control himself at one of his self-aggrandizing events and said that COVID was simply a "Democratic hoax." In other words . . . he made it political from the start. Faux News, Limbaugh and other right-wing nutjobs ran with it and, from there, his supporters have blindly followed that mantra.

Now, thanks to Bob Woodward, we have DT Barnum admitting that he knew that it was "bad," "more serious than the flu" and that it was spread by "airborne" transmission in early February 2020. But . . . he "played it down" and - like just about everything he does - sought to drive a wedge between our citizenry. Imagine if he simply had the gumption to say "You know how we can beat this virus? Everyone mask up for 60 days. Social distance. Americans can beat down this enemy by pulling together." There would be B1G football being played this weekend. We'd be nervous about whether Iowa can beat ISU . . . we'd be chatting about what Iowa showed/didn't show against UNI.

All of you people claiming that "this is simply politics" should look at the guy sitting behind the Resolut Desk. It has been his goal from the start - on everything. We are paying the price for it.

And, if you have the ability to look at it objectively, had he actually attempted to lead and coalesce the country, his re-election chances would be far better than they are today.
Based on your one sided comments, why would anyone ever assume politics was involved? Riggghhht!

Have a lot of family and friends in Michigan. Everyone they talk to no matter if they're Democrat or Republican think its political. No secret the Rutgers president is very anti Trump. I know the B1G president's at several of these B1G schools don't want to give in and make it look like Trump had any influence right now on the B1G resuming the season but I think if they continue down this path they're not going to like how the votes go come November in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

My brother-in-law and his family live in Ada - right outside of Grand Rapids. Very conservative location. He works for a well-known large investment brokerage company. His territory is the entire state of Michigan. Clients are bankers and financial planners. He's never voted for any candidate other than a Republican. He blames DT Barnum for the mess that our country is right now. He's voting for Biden and tells me that a fair number of those with whom he deals in his territory feel similarly to him.

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew

I really doubt there are many people who will vote for president based on whether or not there is a big ten college football season...

Actually Cuomo opened up dining in NYS awhile ago. It is comrade DeBlasio who has been forced by Cuomo & the many lawsuits by restaurant owners, to open indoor dining in NYC... And he's still not allowing it until September 30.
Oh yes, good old Mr. Bill.

Based on your one sided comments, why would anyone ever assume politics was involved? Riggghhht!

Yeah. I hate DT Barnum with a passion but what did I type that was wrong?
Did he refer to it as a "Democratic hoax?"
Did Limbaugh say that it was essentially the "flu" or a "cold?"
Did Hannity play down the severity?
Did Ingraham play down the severity?
What did Trish Regan say about it?
How about good ol' Lou Dobbs?
Did I misquote DT Barnum's words from the recordings?

DT Barnum's success derives not from leading or coalescing but from dividing and fomenting anger. And he's really good at it. REALLY good at it. He plays into the worst in people and evinces strong reactions. He's not for "America." He's for himself. He's for whomever he feels is loyal to him. He is the absolute epitome of a selfish narcissist. And the last thing that a Democrat Republic should want to lead our country.

And, FWIW, I'm on the record here writing many times that I thought that the B1G pulled the plug too early. That written, given that a number of teams have gone into week long or multi week long shutdowns, I'm thinking that there was a good chance B1G would have reached the same conclusion. But . . . alas . . . we will never know.

Last edited:

Not sure how NYC survives economically. Even before Covid they had massive debt to the tune it equated to $63,100 per NYC resident. Can't imagine where thats at now? Chicago isn't much better in the midwest. Has been a financial drain on the state of Illinois.

Yeah. I hate DT Barnum with a passion but what did I type that was wrong?
I have no intention of getting into a pissing match with you, but if you don't think your comment ridiculing "this whole COVID thing is political," is not political, then you are just plain delusional. The virus is real, the fear has been manufactured. The virus has also been proven to be 10 times less lethal than originally thought. The virus is only responsible for approximately 6% of the deaths originally attributed to it. New viruses infect this country and world every year so don't jump down my throat with the "only" comment. You can defend any side of the aisle you want here. I could say the President tried to limit travel into the country early and your side called him a racist for it. He minimized the danger early. I could say he was trying to not instill a panic into an already edgy country. If Trump knew about it early, then so did Pelosi. Why did Pelosi then say it was safe and everyone should go into Chinatown? Trump could have said wear masks and every left wing liberal would have said you have no right to tell us what to do - you're trying to be a Dictator! So don't tell me it's not political. It absolutely is. You just want to believe another side of the coin which is your right.

Reactions: HoustonHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT