ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Not Budging On Postponement Stance

I really doubt there are many people who will vote for president based on whether or not there is a big ten college football season...

Has more to do with they're tired of politcs taking over everything in their lives. The riots and lack of leadership because of politics. The local leadership during covid. The cancel culture and so on.

Yeah. I hate DT Barnum with a passion but what did I type that was wrong?
Did he refer to it as a "Democratic hoax?"
Did Limbaugh say that it was essentially the "flu" or a "cold?"
Did Hannity play down the severity?
Did Ingraham play down the severity?
What did Trish Regan say about it?
How about good ol' Lou Dobbs?
Did I misquote DT Barnum's words from the recordings?

DT Barnum's success derives not from leading or coalescing but from dividing and fomenting anger. And he's really good at it. REALLY good at it. He plays into the worst in people and evinces strong reactions. He's not for "America." He's for himself. He's for whomever he feels is loyal to him. He is the absolute epitome of a selfish narcissist. And the last thing that a Democrat Republic should want to lead our country.

And, FWIW, I'm on the record here writing many times that I thought that the B1G pulled the plug too early. That written, given that a number of teams have gone into week long or multi week long shutdowns, I'm thinking that there was a good chance B1G would have reached the same conclusion. But . . . alas . . . we will never know.

Everyone played down the severity. Democrats were criticizing Trump for travel bans and taking some action back in February. Fauci was quoted in February that this wouldn't be a big deal. Europe who is in the midst of a massive 2nd wave downplayed it. China and the WHO downplayed it. Nobody anywhere in the world has had a grip on this virus. Then when it hit hard everyone overhyped it and turned it political in this country. I for one am glad we don't have a European style health system here. New York and New Jersey are our black eyes but the US hospitals handled the virus much better than Europe or Canada.

Reactions: hawkcub
If Trump knew about it early, then so did Pelosi. Why did Pelosi then say it was safe and everyone should go into Chinatown?

Please feel free to search the site to see if you can find a post authored by me that compliments Nancy Pelosi's comments or defends Bill DeBlasio's handling of COVID-19. I'll save you some time. You won't find a single post.

I could say the President tried to limit travel into the country early and your side called him a racist for it.

And herein lies the problem.

My "side" is my country. My "side" is the United States of America. My "side" is balancing what I believe to be in my best interests with what might be good for our society as a whole.

Not sure how NYC survives economically. Even before Covid they had massive debt to the tune it equated to $63,100 per NYC resident. Can't imagine where thats at now? Chicago isn't much better in the midwest. Has been a financial drain on the state of Illinois.

It's going to be very difficult. Estimates are that 50% of restaurants will close. The real estate market has tumbled.. The rich are walking away from their rental leases and selling their apartments at greatly reduced prices. Meanwhile in New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester and further north homes are not on the market for more than a few days and there are bidding wars. NYC is losing residents in droves. So many people able to work from home why pay high prices & taxes to do so.
Add in the rising crime level, the homelessness & the cuckholded NYPD there is no reason to stay.. Or to visit.

Reactions: Auger
Has more to do with they're tired of politcs taking over everything in their lives. The riots and lack of leadership because of politics. The local leadership during covid. The cancel culture and so on.

Well yes I definitely can empathize with that. However, I don’t think that would cause me to vote for one side or the other because both sides do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT