ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers recruit decommits after loss to Iowa

CRWash63

Team MVP
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2018
Greg Schiano is down one of his 18 class of 2023 football commits coming off a 27-10 loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes at SHI Stadium on Saturday as Florida three-star defensive back Jason Duclona — a priority recruit who recently received offers from UCF and Mississippi State — announced his decommitment from the program over Twitter on Monday.

• Wow
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Greg Schiano is down one of his 18 class of 2023 football commits coming off a 27-10 loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes at SHI Stadium on Saturday as Florida three-star defensive back Jason Duclona — a priority recruit who recently received offers from UCF and Mississippi State — announced his decommitment from the program over Twitter on Monday.
Seems just like Iowa with Kendricks. Florida man decommits after getting more love closer to home. Might make taking the Florida guys a crap shoot. Oh, and they both happened after their chosen future programs had humbling losses.

Seems just like Iowa with Kendricks. Florida man decommits after getting more love closer to home. Might make taking the Florida guys a crap shoot. Oh, and they both happened after their chosen future programs had humbling losses.
All of recruiting is a crapshoot. This is not really news to a great extent. I like Kaleb Johnson a lot. But if OSU had offered him after Iowa had his commit, my guess is he would be in Columbus.

I doubt Iowa losing to ISU had much of anything to do with Kendrick de-committing and more to do with interest from schools closer to home and the age of Iowa's depth chart (first 4 are currently 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen).

their guy decommited after a loss; we lost a guy after a win!
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

-Gloria Clemente

All of recruiting is a crapshoot. This is not really news to a great extent. I like Kaleb Johnson a lot. But if OSU had offered him after Iowa had his commit, my guess is he would be in Columbus.

I doubt Iowa losing to ISU had much of anything to do with Kendrick de-committing and more to do with interest from schools closer to home and the age of Iowa's depth chart (first 4 are currently 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen).
Well, Oregon is not closer to home and the projections I’ve seen have Kendrick going to Oregon. Maybe he watched our shit offense, and him, his family, his cousins, his friends, his teammates and his nana watched that garbage and all yelled WTF IS THAT MUCUS PLUG OF A 3RD GRADE OFFENSE!?!???

I said the same thing about Raphael - if a player can "decommit," then they need to stop calling it a "commitment."

Last edited:
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

-Gloria Clemente
Underrated quote

As others have said...kids accept an offer but many have "dream" schools that they hope eventually approach them.

Florida kids certainly seem prone to this.

Reactions: HFan1981
As others have said...kids accept an offer but many have "dream" schools that they hope eventually approach them.

Florida kids certainly seem prone to this.
Then instead of saying so-and-so has committed, they should say so-and-so has accepted an offer pending a better offer or just changing his mind.

ADVERTISEMENT