ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Sunday

DewHawk

HR All-American
Jun 10, 2005
Great win last night (Indiana) and I am pleasantly surprised Hawks pulled it off.

Now Rutgers at the RAC. Iowa will again be playing Rutgers, the crowd, and refs not calling the hacking/holding of Rutgers defense. Rutgers has a very very good team, and it will take Iowa's best effort to not get blown out and/or pull out a win.

Yep, Rutgers is a better and healthier team than Indiana is right now...

Reactions: Scangg
Are they clean at home this year?
Not likely Hawkeye win.
Rutgers lost to in state rival Seton Hall after the OSU ref screw job where the B1G issued an apology. Hangover effect loss

Other 2 losses were without Mulcahy and McConnell vs Temple neutral empty court and without Mulcahy @Miami where we blew a 13 point lead late

Rutgers defense is the best it has ever been.

The full court press has been very effective.

Caleb and Mag are long active defenders.

Mulcahy and Spencer read the game well and get in passing lanes and dig down with active hands

Cliff protects the rim

The team is just sooo connected defensively and rotates and switches seamlessly most of the time.

Rutgers level of intensity and consistency on defense has been remarkable with first half Temple being the only really bad defensive half and RU was missing 2 starters

Rutgers defense is the best it has ever been.

The full court press has been very effective.

Caleb and Mag are long active defenders.

Mulcahy and Spencer read the game well and get in passing lanes and dig down with active hands

Cliff protects the rim

The team is just sooo connected defensively and rotates and switches seamlessly most of the time.

Rutgers level of intensity and consistency on defense has been remarkable with first half Temple being the only really bad defensive half and RU was missing 2 starters
Weird. You've basically described Iowa to a T.

• Haha
Reactions: Degaz-RU and Scangg
Great win last night (Indiana) and I am pleasantly surprised Hawks pulled it off.

Now Rutgers at the RAC. Iowa will again be playing Rutgers, the crowd, and refs not calling the hacking/holding of Rutgers defense. Rutgers has a very very good team, and it will take Iowa's best effort to not get blown out and/or pull out a win.

I am expecting the normal royal @MrsScrew job at the RAC!!! 😉

I am expecting the normal royal @MrsScrew job at the RAC!!! 😉

I will be there in my seats by 11:45

FYI for anyone attending. Jersey Mike's Arena aka The RAC is in the town of Piscataway. Township has a "no alcohol can be sold before 12noon" ordinance. Beer will not be sold before tip off.

Also, there is game day parking...$20 cash or card.

I will be there in my seats by 11:45

FYI for anyone attending. Jersey Mike's Arena aka The RAC is in the town of Piscataway. Township has a "no alcohol can be sold before 12noon" ordinance. Beer will not be sold before tip off.

Also, there is game day parking...$20 cash or card.
Not much gets between hawk fans and their alcohol

• Love
Reactions: Bishop1971
As you may know, Rutgers is #3 in adjusted defensive efficiency according to KenPom, at 84.2. Thought I would share a few other defensive statistics for Rutgers. Here are our rankings among B1G teams.

#1 in points allowed per game at 54.9

#2 in FGs allowed per game at 19.6 (NW is #1 at 19.5)

#2 in FG% defense at 36.6% (NW is #1 at 36.3%)

#1 in 3-pt FG% defense at 25.7%

#2 in 3-pt FGs allowed at 5.9 (MD is #1 at 5.2)

#1 in steals per game at 10.2

#1 in turnovers caused per game at 17.2

I haven’t looked this up, but we’ve also held almost all of our opponents to several ppg less than their season averages, and we’ve held 10 of our opponents under 60 points.

And here’s the most interesting stat: “Kill Shots.” Defined as the number of double digit scoring runs per game (10 points or more scored in a row without the opposing team scoring). Rutgers leads the country in Kill Shots with 21 this season. Tennessee is next with 18.

Disirregardless, this game scares me even though it’s at the RAC. Iowa can score in bunches, and our games are always wars. Plus our offense is mediocre at best (ranked # 108 in KenPom at 105.3), and we’re good for several games each year in which we shoot 2-18 from 3-pt range and only score 50 or fewer points. See our game against Seton Hall this year and our game against you guys last year (both in the 40s).

Here’s hoping we have a good, clean, injury free game (that Rutgers wins comfortably!).

As an aside, I hope Patrick McCaffrey will be okay. Although I don’t particularly like Fran as an opposing coach, I’ve always thought Patrick and Connor were good players and are likable dudes.

Cheers.

As you may know, Rutgers is #3 in adjusted defensive efficiency according to KenPom, at 84.2. Thought I would share a few other defensive statistics for Rutgers. Here are our rankings among B1G teams.

#1 in points allowed per game at 54.9

#2 in FGs allowed per game at 19.6 (NW is #1 at 19.5)

#2 in FG% defense at 36.6% (NW is #1 at 36.3%)

#1 in 3-pt FG% defense at 25.7%

#2 in 3-pt FGs allowed at 5.9 (MD is #1 at 5.2)

#1 in steals per game at 10.2

#1 in turnovers caused per game at 17.2

I haven’t looked this up, but we’ve also held almost all of our opponents to several ppg less than their season averages, and we’ve held 10 of our opponents under 60 points.

And here’s the most interesting stat: “Kill Shots.” Defined as the number of double digit scoring runs per game (10 points or more scored in a row without the opposing team scoring). Rutgers leads the country in Kill Shots with 21 this season. Tennessee is next with 18.

Disirregardless, this game scares me even though it’s at the RAC. Iowa can score in bunches, and our games are always wars. Plus our offense is mediocre at best (ranked # 108 in KenPom at 105.3), and we’re good for several games each year in which we shoot 2-18 from 3-pt range and only score 50 or fewer points. See our game against Seton Hall this year and our game against you guys last year (both in the 40s).

Here’s hoping we have a good, clean, injury free game (that Rutgers wins comfortably!).

As an aside, I hope Patrick McCaffrey will be okay. Although I don’t particularly like Fran as an opposing coach, I’ve always thought Patrick and Connor were good players and are likable dudes.

Cheers.
I thought Rutgers played defense. Pfft..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT