ADVERTISEMENT

******Rutgers vs Iowa Game Thread******

I have an irrational dislike for Rutgers. I'm not sure if it's because East coast folks suck or because they don't belong in the B1G. Either way, let's beat the piss out of them.
Generalize much? I'm pretty much the opposite. Of the 3 most recent additions between Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers, it's the addition out west that felt compelled to come on here and explain how they were going to dominate the B1G and the West in particular. It happens again like clockwork every time there's a coaching change in basketball or football. Least favorite B1G team with the possible exception of Wisky basketball.

Generalize much? I'm pretty much the opposite. Of the 3 most recent additions between Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers, it's the addition out west that felt compelled to come on here and explain how they were going to dominate the B1G and the West in particular. It happens again like clockwork every time there's a coaching change. Least favorite B1G team with the possible exception of Wisky basketball.
I'm not sure what Nebraska has to do with Rutgers, but okay, sure? Both things can be true I guess.

For what it's worth, I did say it was irrational.

Also, I went to the Iowa game at Rutgers a few years ago and it was by far, the worst pre-game environment I've ever been to for a B1G game. Their fans were fine, but the setup was laughable.

IU and Illini players are slipping (some are falling down) on the B1G logo under the free throw line on the left side of the court (as you watch on TV).

Hopefully that is not an issue moving forward.

I'm not sure what Nebraska has to do with Rutgers, but okay, sure? Both things can be true I guess.

For what it's worth, I did say it was irrational.

Also, I went to the Iowa game at Rutgers a few years ago and it was by far, the worst pre-game environment I've ever been to for a B1G game. Their fans were fine, but the setup was laughable.
You're right. They don't have anything to do with Nebraska other than the fact that they are a recent addition. IMO they're a better B1G addition than the Nebraska debacle and Rutgers brought Mrs Screw 🙃

You're right. They don't have anything to do with Nebraska other than the fact that they are a recent addition. IMO they're a better B1G addition than the Nebraska debacle and Rutgers brought Mrs Screw 🙃
I definitely dislike Nebraska more, but I think they are a better fit for the B1G than Maryland/Rutgers. Especially when they were an AAU school.

The radio pregame show begins at 12 pm CT.

TO LISTEN TO THIS GAME (AND ALL LEARFIELD GAMES) FOR FREE:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* You will find live streams for baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, and in the fall, football. It appears that if it's Learfield broadcasting the game, you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out. You can go back and listen to, as one example, Hawk Talk with (Fran, Lisa, Kirk).

* Other recent examples of ON DEMAND podcasts include Rick Heller, Monika/Caitlin, Kenyon Murray, Tyler Barnes and Clarissa Chun (new Iowa women's wrestling coach).

The game details:

Friday, March 11

IOWA vs Rutgers

1:00 PM CT (scheduled tip)

Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network (The Varsity Network app--FREE)

Radio PREGAME Show Stream Begins:
12:00 pm CT

TV: Big 10 Network

Game Notes:
So who's the refs ? Bo, DJ and whoever I assume ?

Reactions: Franisdaman
Does anyone remember if TJD and EJ Liddle were offered by Fran. I thought they were and had some interest

Expansion was going to happen for the B1G. They had to. Who would you prefer over Rutgers and Maryland?

It's odd when other B1G fans hate on Rutgers and Maryland joining since they brought the NYC and DC huge media markets. Great for exposure and is directly correlated to the massive increase in revenue to the B1G schools are all benefiting from

Geo Baker strikes me as someone who lives in a filthy apartment with pizza boxes everywhere and he sleeps on the couch in dirty boxers.

Feels like a really big game today, boyz. Win this one and I like our chances at taking this whole tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT