ADVERTISEMENT

*****Rutgers vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
1pm BTN
Iowa -4

Rutgers coming in today winners of 3 of their last 4 games (@ NW, OSU and PSU).

Iowa won @ Rutgers 76-65 only 3 weeks ago.

Iowa desperately needs this one after losing two straight.

I’m thinking 79-72 hawks

For those wanting to listen to the radio broadcast, here are 2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

Shortly before ONE HOUR before tip, go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs Rutgers." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 12:00 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 12:00 pm CT), the game (1:00 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

1pm BTN
Iowa -4

Rutgers coming in today winners of 3 of their last 4 games (@ NW, OSU and PSU).

Iowa won @ Rutgers 76-65 only 3 weeks ago.

Iowa desperately needs this one after losing two straight.

I’m thinking 79-72 hawks
Yeah, I’ll be at the game today…looking forward to a Hawkeye victory.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Huge game for both teams. Rutgers wins and they are in a great position to be in the top 4 in the B1G. This game and the next two are games Iowa needs to win if it wants to get to the top 4. You must win your home games, because you won't win a lot of away games.

Not quite a "must win" in the true sense. But winning sure would go a long way in helping the tournament profile.
Huh. I heard the season is broken if Hawks lose so let's just play it safe and win, I say

Hmm...maybe IA is using Purdue's (another BLK & gold school) marketing dept, as they are also a fan "white out game" today, with the team wearing home white uniforms.
I guess MSU has nothing to do with IA's white theme.

I am going to predict a win.

Plus, In this thread we will see a lot of complaints about officiating, Fran’s coaching and the typical B1G conspiracy complaints.

I also wonder if anyone actually reads other peoples posts or if they are just throwing out random thoughts about the game.

Every team we lose to or barely beat seems to look like crap in their other games.

Really like the Rutgers basketball program.

Hope we win by 20, but I'm guessing we will see a better effort from them than we did the last time we played them.

Reactions: longliveCS40
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT