ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died from Cancer at 87. Sorry, Mitch, but Whoever Wins in November MUST Nominate her Replacement

I suspect the secret service is about to be working lots of overtime.

Reactions: Torg
I thought that was 2016. Either way, the hypocrisy of Mitch and company will no doubt reach new heights. They should do the right thing and let it ride until next January.

Sadly, I doubt they do

Yes, it was 2016. Merrick Garland was Obama's pick.

The President is a hypocrite

Mitch is a hypocrite

I would be shocked if they don't try and fill the position ASAP.

However, ABC News just said they probably don't have time to get it done if they tried.
ABC is in crack. Most confirmations only take 50-60 days. The record was 19 days. We are what? 124 days until inauguration? Even if the Dems win the Senate, there are still 107 days.

This is a very tricky situation, regardless. But the lack of respect shown for a dedicated public servant at the time of her passing - shown by the name calling and squabbling already by the "usual suspects" - is appalling and so disappointing to me.
Aren't (some of) you better than that?

Get ready for Justice Ted Cruz.

giphy.gif

Reactions: wilson reborn
ABC is in crack. Most confirmations only take 50-60 days. The record was 19 days. We are what? 124 days until inauguration? Even if the Dems win the Senate, there are still 107 days.
they talked that the Dems will attempt to delay the entire process and, of course, fight like hell

Yes, it was 2016. Merrick Garland was Obama's pick.
In 2008 the Dems said Bush should not nominate a replacement justice in an election year. No vacancy came up that year. In 2016 the Republicans observed the precedent in not allowing Merrick Garland to get a vote.

they talked that the Dems will attempt to delay the entire process and, of course, fight like hell
They can't delay for 124 days. She is getting replaced by Trump. Zero percent chance this doesn't happen. Plenty of time for hearings.

She. Is. A. Trump. Supporter. She has no integrity. The excuse is already there. Biden will win, get two picks, so they need balance things beforehand. She will support this.

Okay. Here's the thing. I disagree with Trad and Goldilocks a lot and love flipping them shit for my amusement. But here we have an issue in which there is common ground and you and other libs want to toss out insults and create further division.

We should debate rigorously and raise hell with each other but times like this it should be more important to be an American first and a liberal or conservative second.

Right now, Trad and Goldilocks are showing more integrity, Trump chump or not. Y'all need to chill on the insults.

Democrats suck at this. There is no bar too low for Republicans so they are much more effective at sewing chaos and preventing actions. Democrats generally will eventually just shrug their shoulders and mope out of another defeat.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I thought that was 2016. Either way, the hypocrisy of Mitch and company will no doubt reach new heights. They should do the right thing and let it ride until next January.

Sadly, I doubt they do
In the mean time, Dems are now allowed to ballot harvest and count votes past the election. So yes, they should nominate and seat one before the election. F the Dems. They play dirty ALL. THE. TIME. Time to step it up on the Republican side.

This is a very tricky situation, regardless. But the lack of respect shown for a dedicated public servant at the time of her passing - shown by the name calling and squabbling already by the "usual suspects" - is appalling and so disappointing to me.
Aren't (some of) you better than that?

Apparently not. Cons AND libs.

Okay. Here's the thing. I disagree with Trad and Goldilocks a lot and love flipping them shit for my amusement. But here we have an issue in which there is common ground and you and other libs want to toss out insults and create further division.

We should debate rigorously and raise hell with each other but times like this it should be more important to be an American first and a liberal or conservative second.

Right now, Trad and Goldilocks are showing more integrity, Trump chump or not. Y'all need to chill on the insults.
Please. There is no common ground. By Monday both will be on the Trump train for replacement. One weekend of Trump tweeting about this and they will come around. These are weak minded people. They will support and defend whatever Trump wants

They can't delay for 124 days. She is getting replaced by Trump. Zero percent chance this doesn't happen. Plenty of time for hearings.
The also talked about some Republican Senators (Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski Joni Ernst and a couple others) who might not follow Mitch's lead on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT