ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died from Cancer at 87. Sorry, Mitch, but Whoever Wins in November MUST Nominate her Replacement

Latinos are heavily Catholic and Catholics obviously preach against abortion, so I’d say your theory makes sense to me. The GOP has been saved. If I believed in such things I might claim there was a divine hand in this.
Trump locks up Florida now. Bloomberg might as well save his money. Trump's next target is Pennslyvania. Prey on the working class need for jobs as being the reason to demand another deregulating justice. He wins those two and he is in the driver's seat.

• Wow
Reactions: naturalmwa
During the Biden administration there will likely be a couple more openings that he will fill with liberal-leaning justices. We need to be sure a sensible balance is maintained in advance by filling Ginsberg’s seat with a conservative.
LOL.

This election is now about abortion. Abortion favors the right. They care about the issue far more than the left. Millions of extra voters just registered republican.

That's an interesting theory. I don't see millions of new voters registering to vote based off the abortion issue but I could easily be wrong.

Latinos are heavily Catholic and Catholics obviously preach against abortion, so I’d say your theory makes sense to me. The GOP has been saved. If I believed in such things I might claim there was a divine hand in this.
i still think Biden wins. Why do I think that? Trump's handling of the pandemic, for starters. And there are a LOT of women who don't want to lose their right to choose.

My quad, what a freakin' crazy ass year.

And as I type this, it just dawned on me that the only logical conclusion to this crazy ass year is that Trump wins. LOL

• Sad
Reactions: naturalmwa
This will have the reverse effect. Rs will become energized and Ds will become demoralized. Less Ds will vote because of this. Trump and Mitch will lead the bloodiest confirmation in recent history and Ds will be deflated after he wins and some will give up on election day.

Then Ds deserve to lose.

Reactions: Gimmered
In 2008 the Dems said Bush should not nominate a replacement justice in an election year. No vacancy came up that year.
Only a few minor problems with this. It was Biden who suggested it - not "the Dems", Biden's speech was later in the election year than when the GOP blocked Garland, there was no Supreme Court vacancy, there was no nominee under consideration, the Democratic-led Senate never adopted this as a rule, and Biden didn't object to Bush putting forward lower level judicial nominees even after Election Day when Bush was a lame duck.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I would be happy if Trump were to right the wrong here and Nominate Merrick Garland.
That would be a brilliant way to get the independents. But it wouldn’t help him with his base. And Trump has always favored consolidation over conciliation.

1st thing is RIP, kudos to her for becoming and doing what she did even if I disagree with her politically. She was a great American. 2nd. I don't want the President to nominate anybody until inauguration day. It is only fair since we did it to Obama. Somebody has to be the bigger person here and stop the hypocrisy from both sides.
That's what's up. He get's it. Kudos RN.

Is that the number they came up with for expansion of the court. 17?

They might try that, and honestly, after Mitch's behavior and throwing out all Constitutional norms I think they are well within their rights to try it. Is it right? Of course not, but this is what happens when one side shits all over norms and traditions. Only Republicans can fix the current division. Nominating Merrick Garland would go a long way towards that, but it will never happen.

• Love
Reactions: Torg and naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT