ADVERTISEMENT

Sad Cubs fans = gold.

I wonder how happy the folks that paid $1500 (or more) for 2 tickets feel right about now?

Glad i didn't fall for that trap. I was tempted originally!

I wonder how happy the folks that paid $1500 (or more) for 2 tickets feel right about now?

Glad i didn't fall for that trap. I was tempted originally!

I would think many are thrilled they got to see their favorite team play in the lcs. I knows that how i felt, of course i paid face value.

Reactions: cigaretteman
People are so weird about Cubs fans. They never win and have an awesome environment. Why the hate?

I'm just enjoying the fact that they made it this far. Sure it was a disappointing series, but at least they made it this far. And....The Cardinals aren't in it either.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Of course it would be better if the Cards won it all, but for my family was hoping the Cubs would continue. Ironic the Cubs lose in four on Back to the future day where they win it all. The Cards need to win again for their long suffering fans. It's been four years.

Disappointing. I agree the Cubs went further than anyone thought in Apr and they have good young talent, but there are no guarantees. Qualifying for the playoffs, let alone getting back to the NLCS is a VERY difficult thing to accomplish. Credit the Mets, but it stinks the Cubs played and went out like that for the right to go to the World Series.

What a bunch of losers.
I'm a cubs fan, and actually, I feel fine this morning. I'm glad they smashed the Cardinals (and it wasn't close, never was after the all star break) and with the returning players under contract for several more years, will most likely rule over the Cardinals for several years. This makes me happy, and I didn't really expect a championship this year anyway.

While not getting into the World Series is disappointing the playoff atmosphere for the younger player's will be a definite positive in the year's to come.

I'm a cubs fan, and actually, I feel fine this morning. I'm glad they smashed the Cardinals (and it wasn't close, never was after the all star break) and with the returning players under contract for several more years, will most likely rule over the Cardinals for several years. This makes me happy, and I didn't really expect a championship this year anyway.

Sounds like everything Nationals fans have been saying.

Reactions: JWolf74

Not so fast. The Cardinals won 100 games with their best players sitting on the DL most of the year. Does anyone think the Cardinals won't spend money for pitching and power this off season as well?

You sound like a Nationals fan from a couple years ago, or a Brewers fan from a few years ago. The Cubs have a lot of reason to be excited about the future, but the game is fickle. A bad injury here or there, and your season suddenly is on the skid.

Do you not expect the Cardinals to go out and get better in the free agency period? It's like the Cubs have forgotten the Cards have one of the best front offices in sports. The central is going to be a battle for the foreseeable future, but the Cards won't be going quietly the way of the A's

Doesnt matter how good the cardinals are going to be, more than one team makes the playoffs. Also, hard to compare milwaukee and washington, they may have the young talent but not the payroll flexibility.

The Cubs future looks pretty good and their young studs have already played in more playoff games then Oscar Taveras.

I'm not a Cubs or Cards fan, but...
douchebag21.jpg

You sound like a Nationals fan from a couple years ago, or a Brewers fan from a few years ago. The Cubs have a lot of reason to be excited about the future, but the game is fickle. A bad injury here or there, and your season suddenly is on the skid.

Do you not expect the Cardinals to go out and get better in the free agency period? It's like the Cubs have forgotten the Cards have one of the best front offices in sports. The central is going to be a battle for the foreseeable future, but the Cards won't be going quietly the way of the A's

The NL Central is going to continue to be a war. This probably won't be the last time both WCs come out of that division. The Cardinals are going to continue to be strong and I don't think the Pirates are going anywhere, either. The future is never guaranteed, but the future for the Cubs sure looks bright.

All in all, I'm certainly not happy with the sweep or how they got pummeled out of the gates last night, but I really can't have any bad feelings about this season. I came in hoping for 85 wins and being in the WC discussion into September. They blew those expectations out of the water. They had the Rookie of the Year and they might have the Cy Young and Manager of the Year (though Greinke, Matheny and Hurdle will all get serious consideration and could win). They won 97 games, won the Wild Card game and then took out the Cardinals in the NLDS. I can't just assume they'll do all that or more next year, but I think there's plenty of legitimate reason to be optimistic.

I'm sure there are some great sad Cub fan pics out there, but I've already seen plenty of sad Pirate, Cardinal, Yankee, Astro, Ranger and Dodger fan faces....and I'll probably see sad Blue Jay fan faces and either sad Mets or Royals in 10 days or so.

One thing Cub fans have to remember is that they are THE CUBS. Front office, payroll, talent, and coaching aside, they will always find a way to lose.

Reactions: waterboy4582
Of course it would be better if the Cards won it all, but for my family was hoping the Cubs would continue. Ironic the Cubs lose in four on Back to the future day where they win it all. The Cards need to win again for their long suffering fans. It's been four years.
The NL Central is going to continue to be a war. This probably won't be the last time both WCs come out of that division. The Cardinals are going to continue to be strong and I don't think the Pirates are going anywhere, either. The future is never guaranteed, but the future for the Cubs sure looks bright.

All in all, I'm certainly not happy with the sweep or how they got pummeled out of the gates last night, but I really can't have any bad feelings about this season. I came in hoping for 85 wins and being in the WC discussion into September. They blew those expectations out of the water. They had the Rookie of the Year and they might have the Cy Young and Manager of the Year (though Greinke, Matheny and Hurdle will all get serious consideration and could win). They won 97 games, won the Wild Card game and then took out the Cardinals in the NLDS. I can't just assume they'll do all that or more next year, but I think there's plenty of legitimate reason to be optimistic.

I'm sure there are some great sad Cub fan pics out there, but I've already seen plenty of sad Pirate, Cardinal, Yankee, Astro, Ranger and Dodger fan faces....and I'll probably see sad Blue Jay fan faces and either sad Mets or Royals in 10 days or so.

I don't see how us Cards fans can be too sad. Do you realize how great of a run we've had over the past 15 or so years? It's hard to get to the series, let alone win it. Never like losing, but you can't expect to be in or win it each and every year. The Cards do need to improve though.

I don't see how us Cards fans can be too sad. Do you realize how great of a run we've had over the past 15 or so years? It's hard to get to the series, let alone win it. Never like losing, but you can't expect to be in or win it each and every year. The Cards do need to improve though.

I don't think many Cubs fans are all that sad, either, in the big picture. I assumed this OP spun off seeing video/pics of dejected fans in the stands. I did see some sad Card fan faces that day.....but of course I did, that's perfectly normal.

Cards have been on a great run, no doubt, and I think they've been (over the past 15 years or so) one of the best-run franchises in all of sports. I finally feel like the Cubs have management that can compete.

Supposedly Theo wanted $10-15m extra in payroll before the season to get another signing but Mr. Dicketts said no...tight wad.

Supposedly Theo wanted $10-15m extra in payroll before the season to get another signing but Mr. Dicketts said no...tight wad.

That's contrary to what I've seen reported numerous times. In fact, most of what I've seen indicated that Theo was able to get some cash reserves set aside in case he needed it.

As requested:

sadcubsfan.jpg

cubs-fan-crying.jpg

sad-cubs.jpg

I don't get why Cubs fans are so sad after losing last night.

1. The Cubs weren't supposed to be good this year anyway. The general consensus was they were 2-3 years away from being a serious contender.

2. The series was 3-0. It's not like it was game 7 and they lost on a walk off home run.

3. They usually don't care if the Cubs are good or not. Games just give people in Chicago a reason to day drink.

4. They've been losing for 108 years. Why would this be any different?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT