ADVERTISEMENT

Sadly, I think Trump will win again

Just got done talking to my brother in Chicago Burbs. He said he was leaning towards Biden before the entire BLM and their martyrs. He and his wife have changed their minds and will now pull the lever for Donald. He may be in Chicago, and will not matter there, but this is symbolic of what the country is going through. He said that there would be no way that he could put up a Trump sign in his yard. However, he believes that many of his neighbors feel the same way.

What's got me concerned is that Hillary was leading in the polls by around the same margin and we know how that turned out. Joe's gotta get Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn. I think he can do it, but how is it still this close?!?

In southeast Iowa it looks and sounds like President Trump is the favorite. 🤔

It would certainly not surprise me if trump wins. I expect him to win Florida, largely because the Dem Party of Florida is the most inept, unorganized organization that has ever existed.

What's got me concerned is that Hillary was leading in the polls by around the same margin and we know how that turned out. Joe's gotta get Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn. I think he can do it, but how is it still this close?!?

Hillary's lead started shrinking around this time. And I don't think her lead was this big in the middle of September. This is one race where I believe most people have already made up their mind. There were a lot more undecideds in 2016 torn between the two.

We'll see how it plays out, but I doubt there will be much change in the polls.

Reactions: HawkNester
The Vegas odds moved to basically a coinflip after the GOP Convention...

Current Odds:
Biden -135 (favorite)
Trump +105 (underdog)

NE Iowa. There are factions of liberals in Cedar Falls but as you edge out to the rural areas around it, Trump support is fully entrenched and seems to be strengthening.
Why? Who are these fvcking idiots who support Trump?

Notice I didn’t say conservatism, but Trump. I can appreciate supporting many aspects of conservative philosophy. Trump is just flat out un-American.

Yeah, it just goes to show that the democrats are so far worse that we still have a chance to save the country. Don't give up and become a sheep. Still support all that made this country great and not all that want to tear it down from the left.
The top 1 % LOVE the way you think.

Reactions: naturalmwa
wear-a-mask-sign-spanish-flu-1918-cover.jpg
woman in the middle is wearing a the mask in an improper under the nose fashion.

Just got done talking to my brother in Chicago Burbs. He said he was leaning towards Biden before the entire BLM and their martyrs. He and his wife have changed their minds and will now pull the lever for Donald. He may be in Chicago, and will not matter there, but this is symbolic of what the country is going through. He said that there would be no way that he could put up a Trump sign in his yard. However, he believes that many of his neighbors feel the same way.

LOL
"My brother has this point of view, so I have determined that this is symbolic of what the country is going through, and he is a perfect example of the millions of double-secret Trump voters that are out there"
LOL

Why? Who are these fvcking idiots who support Trump?

Notice I didn’t say conservatism, but Trump. I can appreciate supporting many aspects of conservative philosophy. Trump is just flat out un-American.

Why are you asking me? I’ve loathed that man for as long as I can remember. I don’t have a Maga hat, a Trump sign in my yard, or a flag flying on my sinking boat. Go ask those people.

Hillary's lead started shrinking around this time. And I don't think her lead was this big in the middle of September. This is one race where I believe most people have already made up their mind. There were a lot more undecideds in 2016 torn between the two.

We'll see how it plays out, but I doubt there will be much change in the polls.
2016 had a lot of undecideds who just didn’t vote, period. I believe this time the voter turnout will be substantially higher, for both parties.

Reactions: mattymoknows
One more thing, and "binsfield" kinda touched on it... mail in ballots and early "in person" voting... all due to Covid, will greatly favor Biden. That, in effect, means Trump only has 2-3 weeks to change opinions.

Nothing I've seen or read points to Trump making up the current gap. The real question to me is how much more the Dems increase their House majority and can they get to 51/52 seats in the Senate?

NC/CO/AZ/ME all look like GOP Senate losses. Losing AL still gives the Dems a 50/50 and that's ok with Biden winning. Winning IA or MT would be gravy for the Dems.
Does anyone know, in a 50/50 Senate, who would be the majority leader with the power to control what bills come to the floor?

Biden at least seems like a decent man. That alone is enough to get my vote. He’s obviously past his intellectual prime, but it’s nothing for a President to be carried. W rode piggyback with a nipple in his mouth for eight years.
I agree and my vote will possibly go that direction. With President Trump in office my life changed and not for the good. I'm still riding the fence but leaning toward Joe.

Maybe it’s different in the battleground states (I hope?) but I just don’t see any cohesive strategy from the Dems. It can’t be just Biden and Harris - all the others need to help. What is the message other than “We’re not Trump!”

So frustrating.
All I know is I can't wait to see if Biden debates because he's going to get absolutely demolished. Biden is the candidate for a reason. It's because those in the "know" knew the odds were very, very low for beating Trump. Now we see the media already setting people up for a landslide Trump win on election night, and the media is using the "lagging mail-in" vote as their reason. Get ready for the Trump onslaught.

• Haha
Reactions: mattymoknows
All I know is I can't wait to see if Biden debates because he's going to get absolutely demolished. Biden is the candidate for a reason. It's because those in the "know" knew the odds were very, very low for beating Trump. Now we see the media already setting people up for a landslide Trump win on election night, and the media is using the "lagging mail-in" vote as their reason. Get ready for the Trump onslaught.
Biden did fine in all the primary debates.

I can see this being one sided for the wrong reasons. That's not good for our country. Not to get banned again but is this still our COUNTRY? I'm seeing another Civil War.
One sided because the Democratic platform has turned into an insanity contest. A one-side Trump victory is what this country needs. Unfortunately, the left doesn't know how to lose with dignity so even two straight Trump victories rammed down their throat probably won't be enough to cause them to look in the mirror at themselves and realize they're out of touch. Maybe a Pence 2024 win would be the tipping point?

2016 had a lot of undecideds who just didn’t vote, period. I believe this time the voter turnout will be substantially higher, for both parties.

I think it will be substantially higher for Democrats. I'm not sure about Republicans. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT