ADVERTISEMENT

Sadly, I think Trump will win again

NE Iowa. There are factions of liberals in Cedar Falls but as you edge out to the rural areas around it, Trump support is fully entrenched and seems to be strengthening.

He is right about western Iowa though, 10-1 Trump to Biden yard signs.

As a recently registered Dem, I feel I can be critical of this party with fresh eyes.

Like someone else said, it’s Trump’s election until it’s not.

Biden needs to get his ass on the road and be seen. Trump is an effing douche as are his supporters but if you watch the news, it certainly looks like he has support and is winning. People want to be a part of a winning team.

To quote Jeff Daniels in the Newsroom, “you know why people don’t like liberals? Cause they lose. If liberals are so f*****g smart, why do they lose so god damn always?”

D’s need to get their sh!t together a bit. And also hope these damn riots stop happening.

It seems most of the battleground polls are tightening. Before the pandemic, I thought Trump was heading to a comfortable win. Mid pandemic, I thought Biden was a comfortable bet. Now, I think it's a coin flip.

This rioting and the excesses of the radical/antifa left is really hurting Biden. He's saying all the right things, I think he's really, really had some impressive statements about several events and issues. The problem is he's releasing a statement on Twitter and then disappearing again. Trump is totally setting the rhetoric.

What I think would be helpful to Biden is to have a "Sister Soulja" moment like Clinton did. He needs to take the message he's taken in some of these anti-rioting statements, and direct it live, and angrily, at actual people. He needs to call out some wacko city council person, or radical professor somewhere for their excessive anti-police rhetoric.

It's not going to hurt him with the Black vote. Most African Americans are highly opposed to the unrest in the cities. It's white college liberals that largely support the extreme progressive agenda, so dare them to vote for Trump instead.

It's that agenda that Trump is using to paint Biden and the Democrats, and Biden's relative silence is deafening. And not because Biden supports that agenda, it's because he's basically out of sight.

I also think attacking Trump on the economy is a dicey proposition. Everyone remembers what the economy was like before the COVID, and it's largely lockdown rules that will continue to keep it down. I think for the Dems to continue to push harsh lockdown, and then try to talk economy is a dangerous game in battlegrounds like Pennsylvania.

Just got done talking to my brother in Chicago Burbs. He said he was leaning towards Biden before the entire BLM and their martyrs. He and his wife have changed their minds and will now pull the lever for Donald. He may be in Chicago, and will not matter there, but this is symbolic of what the country is going through. He said that there would be no way that he could put up a Trump sign in his yard. However, he believes that many of his neighbors feel the same way.

Did you tell your brother that because of the state he lives in, his vote won't matter at all?

Reactions: naturalmwa
All I know is I can't wait to see if Biden debates because he's going to get absolutely demolished. Biden is the candidate for a reason. It's because those in the "know" knew the odds were very, very low for beating Trump. Now we see the media already setting people up for a landslide Trump win on election night, and the media is using the "lagging mail-in" vote as their reason. Get ready for the Trump onslaught.

If talking over people rudely, wandering creepily around the stage while making weird faces at his opponent and lying and misrepresenting everything that he says is how Trump will demolish Biden, then I agree with you.

i picked the church I go to because the preacher preaches against the New World Order.
i pick my president because he preaches against the New World Order

• Wow
Reactions: JJ13579
All I know is I can't wait to see if Biden debates because he's going to get absolutely demolished. Biden is the candidate for a reason. It's because those in the "know" knew the odds were very, very low for beating Trump. Now we see the media already setting people up for a landslide Trump win on election night, and the media is using the "lagging mail-in" vote as their reason. Get ready for the Trump onslaught.
Turn off the imaginary radio pal.

This country is awesome and great right now.. nobody in their right mind would dispute that. Outside forces are trying to say it's not but thank God most of us don't listen to outside forces

• Haha
Maybe it’s different in the battleground states (I hope?) but I just don’t see any cohesive strategy from the Dems. It can’t be just Biden and Harris - all the others need to help. What is the message other than “We’re not Trump!”

So frustrating.

Biden will win. People hate Trump.

You worry too much. With seven weeks to go... a 5-7 point lead for Biden is pretty big. Especially when Biden is at, or over, 50% in so many polls. There aren't a lot on "undecideds" to get for Trump.
My favorite poll was from the Washington Post the week of the 2016 election, "98% Clinton, 2% Trump"
What's your excuse going to be this time 'round on 11/4?

The only reason you believe Biden should get over 20% is because he's running (by and large) against Trump. Sadly the same could be said for Trump getting over 20%-- because he's running (by and large) against Biden. In a sane country neither Trump or Biden (or Hillary in 2016) would get over 20%. But this isn't a sane country and we once again have 2 crappy candidates to choose from.
Anyone who thinks there is ANY comparison between Biden and Trump isn't worth talking to. That person is a f'n idiot.

A global pandemic that’s paralyzed the world and originated in China?
So again, no blame on Trump? You give him all the credit for low unemployment but no blame for the highest numbers since the great depression?

I've seen enough examples to bet against the stupidity of your average American.

WOW. Just WOW.

Really liked the old lady associating mask-wearers with child molesters.

At the tail end of the video there was a protester with a sign reading My body My Choice with a "no mask" graphic. That made me think about the pro-choice movement: I wonder what percentage of this group (that is non-ironically asking for the government to stop the "tyranny" of telling them what to do with their bodies) would support freedom of choice when it comes to abortion?

Maybe it’s different in the battleground states (I hope?) but I just don’t see any cohesive strategy from the Dems. It can’t be just Biden and Harris - all the others need to help. What is the message other than “We’re not Trump!”

So frustrating.

Come down off the ledge. Trump mostly did it to himself. He is toast

So frustrating.

I'm rooting against both Trump and Biden, but I must admit there would at least be some amazing entertainment value associated with watching all the TDS sufferers light their hair on fire when they realized they'd nominated not just one candidate who can't beat the boogeyman, but actually two in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: SF HAWKEYE
So again, no blame on Trump? You give him all the credit for low unemployment but no blame for the highest numbers since the great depression?
This post makes no sense. The pandemic caused the unemployment. Is it that difficult of a concept?
What policy other than the pandemic caused unemployment?

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Exactly what I thought.

Trump has no plan and his followers don't care. Its all about trolling the lefties.

I remember when there were actual conservatives.
And I wonder about Biden voters. Ask them why they'll vote for Joe, and the answer is they hate Trump.

And I wonder about Biden voters. Ask them why they'll vote for Joe, and the answer is they hate Trump.

Which, in truth, is a pretty reasonable response. Biden, on his worst day, is still an adult. If you have a problem with the bar being set so embarrassingly low, perhaps you should have made a difference choice in 2016 when said bar was set to an unprecedented plummet.

My favorite poll was from the Washington Post the week of the 2016 election, "98% Clinton, 2% Trump"
What's your excuse going to be this time 'round on 11/4?

You are failing to understand the differences between 2016 and 2020 elections. There was a concerted effort by righwingers to demonize Clinton that ended up being successful. There is no "hate" towards Biden. You seldom hear negative slams against him. Is he the perfect candidate? Hell no. But cons can't portray him as evil.

Secondly... Trump, as an incumbent, now has a record to defend. I don't need to highlite that record. Today... Trump can't change voters' views of his first four years. To quote DJT..."It is what it is".

There was a late charge of "undecideds" that switched to Trump on election day in 2016. We don't have many "undecideds" right now, imo.

You are failing to understand the differences between 2016 and 2020 elections. There was a concerted effort by righwingers to demonize Clinton that ended up being successful. There is no "hate" towards Biden. You seldom hear negative slams against him. Is he the perfect candidate? Hell no. But cons can't portray him as evil.

Secondly... Trump, as an incumbent, now has a record to defend. I don't need to highlite that record. Today... Trump can't change voters' views of his first four years. To quote DJT..."It is what it is".

There was a late charge of "undecideds" that switched to Trump on election day in 2016. We don't have many "undecideds" right now, imo.

2016 also had Trump being able to run as a fake populist, that was going to drain the swamp, and change DC. There was probably a small amount of disenfranchised people that were like "eff it, this guy isn't a politician so maybe he can shake up the establishment." That should be gone. I'm not sure what percentage fell for that line of populism, but I would guess he loses more of those than he actually retains.

I would also guess even less of the Bernie supporters that went over to Trump in protest will be less than 2016. The Green Party also seems pretty anemic this cycle too while Stein did have a small loyal following.

If you think Biden is running solely on "We're not Trump" then you aren't paying attention.
Well if you have to pay a ton of attention then it isn’t gonna be a very effective campaign. Americans, by and large, require their info to be fed to them. Not those on HROT. Everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT