ADVERTISEMENT

Safe Travels and be Smart With the Fireworks!

NoleATL

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
What is your usual 4th of July routine? Ours can be travel or home... this year we're staying in Atlanta. Pool, cookouts, and fireworks at the local country club on the 4th. We're not members, they just let everyone bring a cooler and chair or blanket and watch from the fairways.
4th-of-july-1624915154.jpg

And, to the Brits... s*ck it, you lost
main-qimg-1c4d3f3a4f9c918998f3e60018efeab1.webp

We used to be civilized state that banned fireworks and allowed for the responsible burning of yard waste. Happy fourth to you too

Reactions: NoleATL
I've been in the DC area for 19 years and have never gone into DC to see the fireworks from the National Mall. That won't change this year. We'll cook out here at home, and maybe head over to see our small town's fireworks show. Pretty low-key.

Reactions: goldmom and NoleATL
The best lines:

Joe Dirt:
So your gonna' tell me that you don't have no black cats, no roman candles, or screaming mimis?

Kicking Wing:
No.

Joe Dirt:
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

Kicking Wing:
No, I don't.

Joe Dirt:
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Kicking Wing:
No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.

Joe Dirt:
Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.

Nice... and hot. Just got good news today from our contractor letting us know the city has finally approved our deck plans for around the pool and side yard...
It’s honestly too hot. I much prefer to be down here around Christmas.

Nice... and hot. Just got good news today from our contractor letting us know the city has finally approved our deck plans for around the pool and side yard...
I can’t remember where you have your house, but we went to dinner with my wife’s uncle tonight at Marquesa (glad he was paying). Pretty good stuff. After dinner we walked the Old Town area a little (Eaton, Fleming, Simonton). He was giving us the history of that area and mentioned your family name, along with some other established family names in that area. If you’re in that area, it’s a really nice area that in the 18 years with my wife I’ve never really explored. All of my time on Simonton has always been closer to US 1 where her family has been.

I know, CSB.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I can’t remember where you have your house, but we went to dinner with my wife’s uncle tonight at Marquesa (glad he was paying). Pretty good stuff. After dinner we walked the Old Town area a little (Eaton, Fleming, Simonton). He was giving us the history of that area and mentioned your family name, along with some other established family names in that area. If you’re in that area, it’s a really nice area that in the 18 years with my wife I’ve never really explored. All of my time on Simonton has always been closer to US 1 where her family has been.

I know, CSB.
Our house is on Margaret near Eaton.

Just had an ambulance in the neighborhood that I can only assume was firework related. The neighbors have been going hard all day so not surprised. They were supposed to shut it down 2 hours ago according to city ordinance but I’m not a snitch. Idiots

• Wow
By far the worst holiday of the year. Hate it. And hate fireworks. And hate the “patriots” who like either one.

By far the worst holiday of the year. Hate it. And hate fireworks. And hate the “patriots” who like either one.
I like the Fourth but agree about the fireworks garbage. Go to a place where there are trained folks putting on the city’s display. We loved the “Kaboom Town” show when we lived in Dallas and the suburb of Addison set them off on the suburban airport runway - away from spectators.
I stopped going to the beach here in Jax when a drunk bunch of college kids set off a huge bunch of cherry bombs next to a big group of families and they landed almost on top of me and some friends. Cops were nowhere around - because there was no ordinance against it at the time.
And if you have a nervous pet - CBD gummies work well!

Our family has enjoyed the professional fireworks displays
on the 4th of July at DisneyLand, D.C. National Mall, and
St. Louis Arch area. It is fun to see the sky lit up in brilliant
colors from a safe distance.

We went to a smaller fireworks show on a lake Monday night. Yesterday I went to the Y's pool bash, hung out with the family at in-laws in the afternoon and was in bed by 9 PM.

I've always found it amusing that the people who seem to enjoy fireworks the most are exactly the same people that should never be allowed to touch them....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT