ADVERTISEMENT

Saints game - shaking my head at how much BF stinks

hawklaw1212

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2004
Just watching Saints v. Cardinals.

See Murray scramble for a first down. See him also scramble, extend the play, and find an open receiver. Immediately think of dipshit BF saying timing is more important - you know, that other stuff is backyard football.

See Saints using Hill successfully as a change of pace, keep the D guessing, component, to their offense. Think of how horrible out offense is, just begging and looking for any sort wrinkle or spark. Buy yet our most athletic player from BCIG who can run, throw passes, and at the very least be a decoy sits on the sidelines. Doesn’t get one play on O.

Damn you BF, u suck so bad i cant even enjoy watching an NFL game.

As per my snark thread, just another “there’s this game that tells me how bad we are and so I’d better post it lest anyone thinks I’m not edgy” thread.

Last edited:
Lol. Taysom Hill is one of the most unique players in the world.

What has every struggling offense, at every level, in the history of football done to try to improve? What is, "add wrinkles", Alex? WRONG! 100% WRONG FOR 150 YEARS!

Struggling offenses NEVER try to get more complicated, start adding a bunch stuff, or try to approach getting better by getting cute. They approach improving by trying to get better at what they are already doing. If anything, they pare down the offense, become more simple, and focus on trying to execute a few basic things.

Football may not be the sport for you. Pour another whiskey and put in a Madden game

Do you think it just might be a stretch to blame a college coach because he cannot develop an NFL offense, where every single player is a professional?

C'mon dude you need something peaceful on your mind. Play some guitar, shoot 36 holes, read some Romantic Era poetry (will put you to sleep). Avoid Emily Dickinson-in your current state of mind it might make you suicidal. Some patchouli incense and a black light might be fun though.

What has every struggling offense, at every level, in the history of football done to try to improve? What is, "add wrinkles", Alex? WRONG! 100% WRONG FOR 150 YEARS!

Struggling offenses NEVER try to get more complicated, start adding a bunch stuff, or try to approach getting better by getting cute. They approach improving by trying to get better at what they are already doing. If anything, they pare down the offense, become more simple, and focus on trying to execute a few basic things.

Football may not be the sport for you. Pour another whiskey and put in a Madden game
If we had a Taysom Hill he'd be "too athletic" for our offense. Kirk would put him at Safety.

We have a Taysom Hill on our team right now. His name is Cooper Dejean and would be an instant spark and add elite athleticism to the QB position. Yes he wouldn't be able to throw those dimes like Petras does but he'd be out there making plays.

See Murray scramble for a first down. See him also scramble, extend the play, and find an open receiver. Immediately think of dipshit BF saying timing is more important - you know, that other stuff is backyard football.

See Saints using Hill successfully as a change of pace, keep the D guessing, component, to their offense. Think of how horrible out offense is, just begging and looking for any sort wrinkle or spark. Buy yet our most athletic player from BCIG who can run, throw passes, and at the very least be a decoy sits on the sidelines. Doesn’t get one play on O.

You do realize our QB is more like Dalton, not Murray, and in NO WAY is Padilla like Hill. You can lament all you want about not having someone like Murray or Hill, but BF is right on about not trying to get our guys to play like that.

Reactions: eyesofhawk

And look at the Cardinals offense this year…..they suck ballz. Just cause your QB can run does not mean you’ll have a good offense.

And your local elementary school PE teacher knows enough to coach QB’s not to run around with the ball in one hand flailing around like it’s a bag of hot dog-doo.

Reactions: HawkOn15

Ive been on teams with struggling offenses and you know what they did? Hid the weaknesses and tailored the playcalling and formations to the strengths, and changed personnel....

If we had a Taysom Hill he'd be "too athletic" for our offense. Kirk would put him at Safety.

We have a Taysom Hill on our team right now. His name is Cooper Dejean and would be an instant spark and add elite athleticism to the QB position. Yes he wouldn't be able to throw those dimes like Petras does but he'd be out there making plays.
Put the Madden controller down for one second so you can get your fantasy lineup set

The best offense KF ever had was the year that Banks started every game. As soon as a play broke down. He tucked it and ran and usually got the 1st down and more. Finished 2nd in the Heisman. If not for that year. I doubt very much Kirk would have been the coach here as long. Backyard FB as its finest.

Reactions: desihawk

I have been wanting him in to run wildcat once we get to the redzone. He would put alot of pressure on the defense. Or bring him in for a change of pace. But that is too imaginative for BF to comprehend.

The best offense KF ever had was the year that Banks started every game. As soon as a play broke down. He tucked it and ran and usually got the 1st down and more. Finished 2nd in the Heisman. If not for that year. I doubt very much Kirk would have been the coach here as long. Backyard FB as its finest.
Yeah I'm sure the 2 seasons following Banks didn't do anything for KF's job security. 10-3 and 10-2 with bowl wins over Florida and LSU. Nice try. I doubt very much you didn't just make that crap up out of thin air

I have been wanting him in to run wildcat once we get to the redzone. He would put alot of pressure on the defense. Or bring him in for a change of pace. But that is too imaginative for BF to comprehend.
Guess you didn't watch the NW game a couple years ago. Iowa closed out almost the entire 4th quarter in the wildcat with Goodson. I tend to think that was more a credit to KF than BF, but who knows.

I too wouldn't mind some wildcat at least in the redzone

Guess you didn't watch the NW game a couple years ago. Iowa closed out almost the entire 4th quarter in the wildcat with Goodson. I tend to think that was more a credit to KF than BF, but who knows.

Yeah I remember them running it with Goodson for little effect. No threat at all to throw the ball. Easily defended. Why not do that now with someone like Cooper???

It was the game at Illinois in the COVID year (2020) but your point is really the same no matter the opponent. Iowa had been using it some, and in that game after a long Ilinois drive in the 4th when Iowa was up 28-14, Illinois lost the ball on downs. Iowa got one first down in regular offense, then went Wildcat.

ISM for 31 yards out of wildcat handoff from Goodson. Then Goodson on a keeper for 7, then Tracy for 21 out of wildcat. Then Goodson for 4 and 2 yards before Illinois called TO. Iowa came out on 3rd and 4 and got it to ISM out of wildcat for a TD.

Obviously they saw something that Illinois did against that formation they could exploit. Credit to doing so. They did try wildcat several times after that but it largely got shut down. Would have liked to see Goodson throw the ball out of it, but never happened.

Iowa should definitely try something else in the red zone. And it does show what stress it puts on the defense when the QB is at least a threat running the ball. When your QB can run, it puts an extra blocker on run plays and changes how the defense has to play. I am encouraged that the last couple of recruiting classes it appears Iowa is just not recruiting guys who can't move. If you are running a college offense, you shouldn't be recruiting a QB who can't threaten the defense. Doesn't mean you have to be wishbone, but QB run has to be an option I would think.

Yeah it has made me feel sick recently watching competent offenses, at both levels.

Or change personnel.

Why are you even try to compare professionals to college teams?

ADVERTISEMENT