ADVERTISEMENT

Sally is going to be a pain...

In two weeks it will just go away.
Quicker than that brah!

That said, Sally is starting to better organize tonight. Not going to be Katrina, but she could cause some issues in NOLA if the current forecast holds.

Wobbled to the east a little over night, so New Orleans may miss the NE side. But still a huge rain maker for the area.

Unless it's on stilts.

1941-1979-john-belushi-pic-1.jpg

WEATHER ALERT: Sally upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane and rapidly intensifying; landfall likely Tuesday night

The NW Florida folks should be watching. She has slowed down a lot and at least one model has shifted landfall much closer to Pensacola.

Reactions: goldmom
Not a big deal... It will disproportionately impact the elderly who can't, or won't, evacuate their flood prone homes.

Going over the east side of Mobile Bay...anyone here from Fairhope or Daphne Alabama?

Early look at Vicky

023406_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

storm_21-2.gif
We're going to run out of letters again, and we're only about half way through the season.

Maybe we should start to use Khmer's alphabet?

Khmer

The language with the most letters is Khmer (Cambodian), with 74 (including some without any current use). According to Guinness Book of World Records, 1995, the Khmer alphabet is the largest alphabet in the world. It consists of 33 consonants, 23 vowels and 12 independent vowels.

Of course, this would necessitate that the game show Wheel of Fortune would have to last 2 hours per episode.

Sally is getting stronger tonight and moving towards the panhandle. @DFSNOLE, you good? My buddy down in Santa Rosa has water pushing up into his yard.

Reactions: noleclone2
Eastern eye wall still at my house. Lost power around midnight. 25 inches of rain so far. That's after 10 inches in 8 days 2 weeks ago. Don't know what damage I have yet

Eastern eye wall still at my house. Lost power around midnight. 25 inches of rain so far. That's after 10 inches in 8 days 2 weeks ago. Don't know what damage I have yet
Are you on the river? Not that 25 inches isn’t enough anywhere else.

We’ve been rainy here in Tallahassee, but like 2-3 inches.

Salley acting a lot like Harvey. Just hanging there dumping water for days. Hope it moves off soon. Take care of yourselves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT