ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Brownlee- Please pray.

Sam, I rooted for every time you carried the ball. You were an inspiration. Now I pray that you use that grit and toughness to recover. Get well young man.

Was unnecessary but asking non believers to pray is ridiculous when there are so many, OP could have worded title better but I'm glad he brought it to our attention. Thoughts are with Sam and family, hopefully he's got the best doctors in his corner. Great hawk

Who gives a shit what you believe? OP doesn't have to walk on egg shells because of people who worship their own innate ability to be offended. There is a world out there that transcends dumb shit.

Prayers for Sam!

Last edited:
Dude got abused on Saturday's, so Lord knows we all know how tough he is. Here's hoping he's able to be just as tough against whatever it is he's dealing with.

Wrong time for a thinly veiled cheap shot. Shame on you. I'm sure you could have done better. Prayers sent for Sam. Once a Hawk...

It's been addressed but I still want to chime in. it wasn't an insult. Sam got the starts at Rb because of the curse, AIRBHG. Sam was not getting a lot open running lanes, Iowa's stellar o-line from the past couple of seasons had graduated out, and Sam was thrown to the wolves but ran his heart out and worked for every yard he got. Same usage as saying an NFL QB got abused every Sunday because his O-line was porous and he was sacked 50 times.... Sam earned everyone's respect for his effort. Wishing Sam well, here's to a quick recovery. Prayers coming his way.

Was unnecessary but asking non believers to pray is ridiculous when there are so many, OP could have worded title better but I'm glad he brought it to our attention. Thoughts are with Sam and family, hopefully he's got the best doctors in his corner. Great hawk

He wasn't asking non-believers. He was asking anyone who wished to pray to please pray for Sam. That is totally harmless and a non-threatening request. If you don't believe in prayer, so be it. That also means the OP WASN'T asking you or non-believers. They were asking those that would pray, to please do so for Sam, while also informing the board he is going through a tough time right now. I thank the OP for making me aware of it. I also do not fault the OP for failing to take a survey of each person on this board if they believe in prayer or not before making a request. I also do not fault the OP for not prefacing their request with, "If you believe in prayer, please pray for Sam, and if you don't, please don't be offended I asked the others.... "

I will also pray for you too.
Dear Lord, please help blhawk be more tolerant and understanding of others who may think differently or believe in a higher power, and the power of prayer.
I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Our OL was really shaky for a big hunk of that season. I wouldn't say that was a cheap shot at all ... at least, not at Sam. One could easily interpret the "abuse" as coming as a result of the fact that our OL didn't permit much more than a 1-dimensional O. And, since we're a play-action team ... Sam had to still run down the throats of our opponents anyhow ... otherwise we could sell our bread and butter.

We did line up Tate in the gun a lot

Yes, i'm confused...

Not sure where the confusion is, if somebody wants to publicly announce an illness, he or she will. It’s his or her business who knows what the illness is

I’ll edit to add that an illness may be terminal, it may be related to another illness, it may be treated, it may impact job prospects in a professional world that’s going down the toilet, etc. I’m sure that any ill person will explain the illness to whoever he or she wants to, and there is no use in 1) posting ‘I heard this person is sick’ (that’s called gossip) and 2) asking what the gossip is regardless of its veracity

Last edited:
Not sure where the confusion is, if somebody wants to publicly announce an illness, he or she will. It’s his or her business who knows what the illness is

I’ll edit to add that an illness may be terminal, it may be related to another illness, it may be treated, it may impact job prospects in a professional world that’s going down the toilet, etc. I’m sure that any ill person will explain the illness to whoever he or she wants to, and there is no use in 1) posting ‘I heard this person is sick’ (that’s called gossip) and 2) asking what the gossip is regardless of its veracity

Ok, Karen.

ADVERTISEMENT