ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll accidentally shot

From University website:

What are the University of Iowa’s consequences for weapon disciplinary charges?
Students who violate the university’s weapons policy can face sanctions including fines, non-academic probation, suspension and up to expulsion from the University. Students accused of violations will receive notice of the violation that includes instructions for how to contest the violation.

I believe this happened at a private apartment...how/why would the UI weapon policy apply?

I believe this happened at a private apartment...how/why would the UI weapon policy apply?

Seems like public universities are pretty sensitive to students shooting each other anymore. My bet stoll has a better chance of wrestling this year than turk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exo
Seems like public universities are pretty sensitive to students shooting each other anymore. My bet stoll has a better chance of wrestling this than turk.

That may be...but I don't see how they would have any jurisdiction whatsoever. It wasn't associated, as far as we know, with a UI function or on UI property, therefore I don't see how they could/should have a say in what happens to the offender.

That may be...but I don't see how they would have any jurisdiction whatsoever. It wasn't associated, as far as we know, with a UI function or on UI property, therefore I don't see how they could/should have a say in what happens to the offender.
Schools are over zealous about some things. My son got in a fight one day playing a football game in a field next to the bus stop before the bus even arrived and he got a day of in school suspension for it. I went in and argued and the dean said that they have jurisdiction from the time they leave the house until they return or something stupid like that.
Only the good Lord knows what some pointy headed liberals will do with this situation.

Seems like public universities are pretty sensitive to students shooting each other anymore. My bet stoll has a better chance of wrestling this than turk.

I hope you’re right and everyone probably ought to just let this play out before trying to predict what repercussions will come out of this.... first and foremost is Sams health

Schools are over zealous about some things. My son got in a fight one day playing a football game in a field next to the bus stop before the bus even arrived and he got a day of in school suspension for it. I went in and argued and the dean said that they have jurisdiction from the time they leave the house until they return or something stupid like that.
Only the good Lord knows what some pointy headed liberals will do with this situation.

I am not saying that you weren't told that...but that is BS. I imagine that they suddenly would not be responsible for that time frame if he got hurt playing that game of football, etc. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately that is true. School is responsible from the time the kid steps out the door until the time they step back into the house. Teachers and administrators always telling kids to take it down the street. So courts found that if the issue started at school, was discussed during school, etc... the school has some responsibility. (Very simple interpretation). Someone will give a much better explanation.

Unfortunately that is true. School is responsible from the time the kid steps out the door until the time they step back into the house. Teachers and administrators always telling kids to take it down the street. So courts found that if the issue started at school, was discussed during school, etc... the school has some responsibility. (Very simple interpretation). Someone will give a much better explanation.

He isn't interested in an explanation. The principal gave him one that he didn't like. He is only interested in the pointy head lord and good liberals.

Reactions: CesspoolHawk
Did your boy whoop some ass? If so, worth the day off from school. hahaha

Reactions: CropDuster507
I even asked/yelled at the dean, "What is next? When he wakes up until he falls a sleep he is under your jurisdiction?" I was pretty hot about it. Nothing I could really do except home school him, and that was not happening.

Reactions: nearfall2
EARLY Morning SHOT With the man on a Roll - Sam Stoll:D

"So Sam hows the knee?"

#%^* and BLEEP kiss my &*# you BLEEP.........

Great! Would you like to hear a joke?

GO @*%$ you @*&%$@$@!!!!!:rolleyes:

This whole thread has taken a turn towards the comical. I think there are huge implications for next season. The statement that Stoll was released were fake.

Where did you hear that he had not been released?

Released from what? A gun shot from a .44?

Edit: There's a bunch of you I have been able to tolerate for the last 3-4 years with the cookie stuff and weight comments. Keep it up. You'll loose whatever loyalty from the insiders who know what's really going on in the Hawkeye room. Done here.

Last edited:
Reactions: championhawk

Edit: There's a bunch of you I have been able to tolerate for the last 3-4 years with the cookie stuff and weight comments. Keep it up. You'll loose whatever loyalty from the insiders who know what's really going on in the Hawkeye room. Done here.
If you share some ham and eggs I will give you half my cookies. Deal?

I’m confused now, I understand you’re close with Sam but what I don’t understand is why a UIHC spokesman would say he’s released?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT