ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll accidentally shot

I’m late to the party here. Surprised it took three pages for this thread to go off the rails.

Hamneggs:
7lZwLKc.jpg

My Dad showed me how to check to see if guns were loaded when he took me hunting when I was 6 years old. He also told me NEVER to point it at something I didn't intend to shoot, and to leave guns unloaded with the safety on when not hunting or target shooting. You don't need a certificate from the NRA, a degree from Harvard, or an "overzealous" administrator to know that it's really stupid to shoot someone accidentally indoors. Mr. Stoll needs to hang out with smarter people.

My Dad showed me how to check to see if guns were loaded when he took me hunting when I was 6 years old. He also told me NEVER to point it at something I didn't intend to shoot, and to leave guns unloaded with the safety on when not hunting or target shooting. You don't need a certificate from the NRA, a degree from Harvard, or an "overzealous" administrator to know that it's really stupid to shoot someone accidentally indoors. Mr. Stoll needs to hang out with smarter people.

Are you saying our recruiting needs to improve?

Released from what? A gun shot from a .44?

Edit: There's a bunch of you I have been able to tolerate for the last 3-4 years with the cookie stuff and weight comments. Keep it up. You'll loose whatever loyalty from the insiders who know what's really going on in the Hawkeye room. Done here.

I started reading the thread late today. Man I really don’t see what everyone is doing wrong. If this was my son and he was safe I would appreciate his fans building a legendary post.

Your dad also taught you to be a Gopher fan. Big Fail

Reactions: MavHawk1

Edit: There's a bunch of you I have been able to tolerate for the last 3-4 years with the cookie stuff and weight comments. Keep it up. You'll loose whatever loyalty from the insiders who know what's really going on in the Hawkeye room. Done here.

Dude. Don’t blow a tube. This is the internets. Just give Sammy a big hug and tell him to get well soon.

The end....

That's why I don't post much. Although this board made major redemption with the fundraising and being a huge part of getting Perry here. Getting Perry here was a big part in getting Kennedy. I wish the board would be more about helping the cause. It is bad when some Hawk fans say stuff that make members of the team or their families strongly dislike them. We should all be in this together. The same for the idiot with the Wilke comment. Wilke fought through some health issues the last half of the year. Why take anonymous shots at him? This place should be better than that.

That's why I don't post much. Although this board made major redemption with the fundraising and being a huge part of getting Perry here. Getting Perry here was a big part in getting Kennedy. I wish the board would be more about helping the cause. It is bad when some Hawk fans say stuff that make members of the team or their families strongly dislike them. We should all be in this together. The same for the idiot with the Wilke comment. Wilke fought through some health issues the last half of the year. Why take anonymous shots at him? This place should be better than that.

This is a message board with a bunch of idiot fans that are regularly inappropriate. It’s not a booster club or meant to always praise the program and wrestlers. If folks can’t handle a little good natured ribbing, they probably should look elsewhere for IOWA wrestling discussion.

This is a message board with a bunch of idiot fans that are regularly inappropriate. It’s not a booster club or meant to always praise the program and wrestlers. If folks can’t handle a little good natured ribbing, they probably should look elsewhere for IOWA wrestling discussion.

Yup...go on any college football or basketball board, I won't even mention pros, and those dudes just get roasted. It gets magnified in wrestling because it's one of the few large message boards in the country.

The cookie comments were a running gag based on a Mudflap post. I'm not aware of anyone making fun of his weight. The whole board has been 100% behind Sam from the start.

Agreed. It's called the cesspool for a reason. You want your cake and to eat it too, this probably isn't the place for you.

I'm just an ISU homer but even these comments/jokes are disturbing to me. Accidental or not a kid got shot. Sounds like he's going to be ok, but his wrestling career could be over.....his dreams of becoming a national champ could be over. He could be fine and still reach his goals, but we don't know. So what do the majority of you do in the meantime....see who can post the best joke? Quite sad.

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk
I'm just an ISU homer but even these comments/jokes are disturbing to me. Accidental or not a kid got shot. Sounds like he's going to be ok, but his wrestling career could be over.....his dreams of becoming a national champ could be over. He could be fine and still reach his goals, but we don't know. So what do the majority of you do in the meantime....see who can post the best joke? Quite sad.
source.gif

It’s what goes down in waiting rooms across the country. Live or on the nets.

May there always be humor to cover the pain....

At least no one wrote “Kaboom”, although there was one “Boom”. I’m surprised there haven’t been more jokes. Maybe, just maybe, this board is slowly maturing.

ADVERTISEMENT