ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll appreciation thread

sstark46

HR MVP
Mar 20, 2013
Sam came in highly regarded, had a bad Midlands as a true freshman and became less highly regarded. From then, he turned into one of the toughest guys on our team and a Gorriaron award winner the one year he was healthy. Unfortunately that knee was just snakebit and he couldn't ever shake it.

Here's hoping for a healthy and productive Greco career

Agree. The man was good, but the knee was so so bad. Even with the knee, he was still a lock-down Heavyweight for us in duals when he was healthy. If he stays in the HWC to train for the next level, he can still do a ton of good for the program. But for now, thanks for a great Hawkeye undergraduate career Sam! We’ll still be cheering for you in the next chapter of your life!

Shame that a guy had to endure what he had to, unfortunately that's life and I wish and hope Sam can still get an at large bid.

Am I missing something? Can he not get a wildcard?
Yes he could possibly get a wild card. The knees, not to forget a gun shot to a leg, more than likely means an early exit. Stolls situation and Kemerer going down to injury early did not help the cause. Go Hawks!!!

Sam came in highly regarded, had a bad Midlands as a true freshman and became less highly regarded. From then, he turned into one of the toughest guys on our team and a Gorriaron award winner the one year he was healthy. Unfortunately that knee was just snakebit and he couldn't ever shake it.

Here's hoping for a healthy and productive Greco career

The way that leg looks I unfortunately think the Greco career might not have a great chance. Hard to watch that last match.

The way that leg looks I unfortunately think the Greco career might not have a great chance. Hard to watch that last match.

My hope is that with a year or two to recover, he'll be fine. If it heals up, he doesn't necessarily need to snap or bend it a bunch in a high level Greco match. But I also realize this is 83% just wishful thinking on my part

Reactions: ArkieHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT