ADVERTISEMENT

Samantha Bee Calls Ivanka Trump a C***

dandh

HR Legend
Nov 11, 2002
Twin Cities MN
From the linked story:

CNN got sucked into a segment on Samantha Bee’s use of the word “c*nt” in a Full Frontal segment on the Trump Administration’s announcement it would separate children from their parents.

Donald Trump’s new tweet demanding an apology from Disney CEO Bob Iger. Two days earlier, Iger canceled Roseanne while apologizing to Valerie Jarrett over the racial slur directed at her by the show’s Trump-supporting star." The Federalist’s Mary Katharine Ham, who is a regular talking head on CNN, seemed to drag CNN into the conversation during a segment about President Donald Trump’s new tweet demanding an apology from Disney CEO Bob Iger. Two days earlier, Iger canceled Roseanne while apologizing to Valerie Jarrett over the racial slur directed at her by the show’s Trump-supporting star.

Trump is “not entitled to apologies from new outlets just criticizing him,” Ham acknowledged.

But, she pivoted abruptly, “you can recognize the racism of Roseanne, and that she should have been punished for it socially, and recognize that there is a double standard.”

“Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a ‘feckless word-I-cannot-say-that-begins-with-a-‘c’-that-is-the-worst-word-you-can-call-a-woman’ on TV, and there will NOT be a nine-day news cycle about that,” Ham complained.

This is the first I've heard of this. It is, imo, the worst thing you can call a woman. What, if anything, should happen to Ms. Bee?

Entire story linked below.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-blasts-samantha-bee-calling-153510550.html

Hmmm, I am thinking of an expression with shoes and feet.

giphy.gif

Is calling a woman a c*** worse than calling a man an a**hole? I guess everybody has a**holes...so not the same, huh? I think I'd rather be called a c***. Then I could respond, "You are what you eat." Can't do that if they play the "a**hole" card.

Just musing.

From the linked story:

CNN got sucked into a segment on Samantha Bee’s use of the word “c*nt” in a Full Frontal segment on the Trump Administration’s announcement it would separate children from their parents.

Donald Trump’s new tweet demanding an apology from Disney CEO Bob Iger. Two days earlier, Iger canceled Roseanne while apologizing to Valerie Jarrett over the racial slur directed at her by the show’s Trump-supporting star." The Federalist’s Mary Katharine Ham, who is a regular talking head on CNN, seemed to drag CNN into the conversation during a segment about President Donald Trump’s new tweet demanding an apology from Disney CEO Bob Iger. Two days earlier, Iger canceled Roseanne while apologizing to Valerie Jarrett over the racial slur directed at her by the show’s Trump-supporting star.

Trump is “not entitled to apologies from new outlets just criticizing him,” Ham acknowledged.

But, she pivoted abruptly, “you can recognize the racism of Roseanne, and that she should have been punished for it socially, and recognize that there is a double standard.”

“Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a ‘feckless word-I-cannot-say-that-begins-with-a-‘c’-that-is-the-worst-word-you-can-call-a-woman’ on TV, and there will NOT be a nine-day news cycle about that,” Ham complained.

This is the first I've heard of this. It is, imo, the worst thing you can call a woman. What, if anything, should happen to Ms. Bee?

Entire story linked below.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-blasts-samantha-bee-calling-153510550.html

When you say "worst thing you can call a woman", do you really mean "worst thing you can call a WHITE woman"? Because telling a woman she looks like an ape is probably worse.

Bee resorting to that language diminishes any credibility Samantha ever had.

People now trying to deflect, and bail her out by referring to Trump's inappropriate comments, are simply making things worse.

People now trying to deflect, and bail her out by referring to Trump's inappropriate comments, are simply making things worse.
Have you not seen her show? She’s always used profanity- and I don’t believe this is the first time she’s used that word either.

It's interesting how it is probably the worst single word you can call a woman here, but go to Australia or the UK and it's seemingly about the same as bitch or used on men.

Reactions: JWolf74

When the point you're trying to make is obscured by the firestorm of how you said it, you've failed. Unless it was the firestorm she was after.

Somebody on tv lost their job for being a racist. Therefore, shouldn't these people using bad words also be punished?

Which party is full of PC crybabies?
I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

Have you not seen her show? She’s always used profanity- and I don’t believe this is the first time she’s used that word either.
I realize she's supposed to be a comic, and I realize the context. I'm just saying that in these "sensitive times" it's not really helping the situation overall. It's just goimg to give the "other side" more deflection ammo the mext time someone on their side is maligned for inappropriate comments.

A comedian saying, "****," wrecks her credibility? Not sure you get what a comedian is.
Being a comedian isn t any real cover or excuse for being intentionally insensitive and cruel. She didn't use cvnt just to be funny.

I realize she's supposed to be a comic, and I realize the context. I'm just saying that in these "sensitive times" it's not really helping the situation overall. It's just goimg to give the "other side" more deflection ammo the mext time someone on their side is maligned for inappropriate comments.
The President is calling Africa a shithole country (I can't tell you how many things there are wrong with that statement), yet you're expecting comedians to be the ones to clean it up?

So far the responses are downright hilarious. And revealing.
If the network that employs Samantha Bee (I honestly had never heard of her before this) decides to fire her, I will be 100% ok with it.

That being said, there is a difference between calling someone a name (which Trump constantly does) vs using a racial epithet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT