ADVERTISEMENT

Samantha Bee Calls Ivanka Trump a C***

Your argument is totally based on "degree." You've lost now. You have decided that one is okay because you see her as liberal and the other is absolutely wrong because they are conservative. You have always been a hyper-partisan poster, so I don't expect anything else.

And, just so you know, Roseanne Barr IS JEWISH! Her father's family were Jewish emigrants from Russia, and her maternal grandparents were Jewish emigrants from eastern Europe. Her paternal grandfather changed his surname from "Borisofsky" to "Barr" upon entering the United States.
Roseanne literally claimed that a 13 year old George Soros ratted his fellow Jews out to the Nazis, knowing full well that his fellow Jews would all be killed in concentration camps, just so Soros could steal their wealth after they were hauled away is not the same as Bee calling one of the President's chief advisers a c*nt for allowing him to continue with this petty immigration policy that separates children from their parents. In fact, they are complete opposites. Barr's statement is a sickening lie that tries to blame a young Jew for the deaths of his fellow Jews, while the other is Bee being sickened that Trump would continue this policy of taking kids away from their parents.

Give up. You're clearly in the wrong if you think the two are at all the same.

“Isn’t it the just the best to snuggle your little one – knowing exactly where they are, safe in your arms? It’s the best. The BEST. Right, Ivanka? Right?”

That's Patton Oswalt - and done far more effectively than Bee.
And, he's a comedian and he didn't use foul language @Huey Grey

Mission accomplished!

And, he's a comedian and he didn't use foul language @Huey Grey

Mission accomplished!
Comedians use foul language. What comedians don't do it to wrongly claim that 13 year old Jews sold their friends to the Nazis just so they could steal their money after they were shoved in the ovens. How are you not getting this?

Roseanne literally claimed that a 13 year old George Soros ratted his fellow Jews out to the Nazis, knowing full well that his fellow Jews would all be killed in concentration camps, just so Soros could steal their wealth after they were hauled away is not the same as Bee calling one of the President's chief advisers a c*nt for allowing him to continue with this petty immigration policy that separates children from their parents. In fact, they are complete opposites. Barr's statement is a sickening lie that tries to blame a young Jew for the deaths of his fellow Jews, while the other is Bee being sickened that Trump would continue this policy of taking kids away from their parents.

Give up. You're clearly in the wrong if you think the two are at all the same.
So, now you've shifted to George Soros and Roseanne? Two Jews trying to out-Anti-Semite each other? And, you're calling me the loser? I should throw you a life preserver.

And, Bee had a great opportunity to make an awesome point. Instead, she chose to be a cvnt herself and call someone else a cvnt, just to be shitty, and ruining what she was trying to call-out Ivanka for doing.

Comedians use foul language. What comedians don't do it to wrongly claim that 13 year old Jews sold their friends to the Nazis just so they could steal their money after they were shoved in the ovens. How are you not getting this?
I already explained what I'm "getting." I'm getting that you will go to any length to play partisan mind-checkers.

You've abandoned your losing argument for another losing argument. I do not want to hijack a thread within a thread within a thread today. There is already a thread showing Soros on 60 minutes and showing no remorse whatsoever in what he did as a 14 year old boy in Hungary.

Reactions: ditchdigger59
So, now you've shifted to George Soros and Roseanne? Two Jews trying to out-Anti-Semite each other? And, you're calling me the loser? I should throw you a life preserver.

And, Bee had a great opportunity to make an awesome point. Instead, she chose to be a cvnt herself and call someone else a cvnt, just to be shitty, and ruining what she was trying to call-out Ivanka for doing.
Um, wut? Roseanne was the one going off on bizarre Nazi conspiracy theories at the same time she was comparing black people to apes. Is that not fair game for this discussion? Or do you seriously think that simply because she was born in a Jewish family that it makes it ok to go off on antisemitic rants that have been completely exposed as complete bunk? Because your earlier posts suggests that you do.

I guess we now know what the meaning is behind choosing The Tradition as a poster name. Gives an entire different context to tradition.
It is the epitome of "Conservative."

Nothing changes in a tradition. A Tradition is static, it's crystallized.

I already explained what I'm "getting." I'm getting that you will go to any length to play partisan mind-checkers.

You've abandoned your losing argument for another losing argument. I do not want to hijack a thread within a thread within a thread today. There is already a thread showing Soros on 60 minutes and showing no remorse whatsoever in what he did as a 14 year old boy in Hungary.
Dude, you just claimed that Roseanne can't go off on antisemitic rants because she grew up a Jew. It's clearly you who is playing partisan politics here.

And I'm sorry. George was 14, not 13, at the time. Wow. Such an important distinction.

And the fact that you're

Um, wut? Roseanne was the one going off on bizarre Nazi conspiracy theories at the same time she was comparing black people to apes. Is that not fair game for this discussion? Or do you seriously think that simply because she was born in a Jewish family that it makes it ok to go off on antisemitic rants that have been completely exposed as complete bunk? Because your earlier posts suggests that you do.
No, I don't think it's "okay" or "not okay" based on those factors. However I have been oft-chided for making similar comparisons and being told I was "wrong" for that observation. Barr being Jewish merely means that if she is displaying "anti-Semitic" attitudes, then it would seem like a self-deprecating action since she is Jewish. That doesn't mean she's incapable of having alternative beliefs and opinions. She clearly does. But, it is worth noting that she IS Jewish.

I have enough respect for humanity to admit that BOTH WOMEN WERE INAPPROPRIATE, and they deserve whatever criticism they get! You have chosen to be partisan and insist that Bee's comments were acceptable.That is all I have been saying.

Now the WH is making official statements about the mean word said about the senior WH aide.

What really gets me about this is Trump has established name calling is okay. He does it. But apparently they want there to be a line where a certain name is too mean. Or maybe, they are just dishonest in their victimhood.

If there is one thing this administration will not stand is disrespect towards women.

I guess we now know what the meaning is behind choosing The Tradition as a poster name. Gives an entire different context to tradition.

The truth hurts, I guess, but making it about race is intellectually dishonest. I'm sorry that you can't understand the difference between national origin and race.

If we were fighting a war against France, would anything nasty said about the French be racist against Caucasians?

Dude, you just claimed that Roseanne can't go off on antisemitic rants because she grew up a Jew. It's clearly you who is playing partisan politics here.

And I'm sorry. George was 14, not 13, at the time. Wow. Such an important distinction.
14 is different from 13... it's quite different. Spend 14 years in jail instead of 13. You'll realize how much of a distinction that can be.

No, I don't think it's "okay" or "not okay" based on those factors. However I have been oft-chided for making similar comparisons and being told I was "wrong" for that observation. Barr being Jewish merely means that if she is displaying "anti-Semitic" attitudes, then it would seem like a self-deprecating action since she is Jewish. That doesn't mean she's incapable of having alternative beliefs and opinions. She clearly does. But, it is worth noting that she IS Jewish.

I have enough respect for humanity to admit that BOTH WOMEN WERE INAPPROPRIATE, and they deserve whatever criticism they get! You have chosen to be partisan and insist that Bee's comments were acceptable.That is all I have been saying.
Why is it worth noting that she grew up Jewish? Does it make her rant anymore palatable to know that she grew up Jewish? I don't get this line of reasoning. Can you explain it to me?

14 is different from 13... it's quite different. Spend 14 years in jail instead of 13. You'll realize how much of a distinction that can be.
Please tell me why it's an important distinction that Soros was 14 instead of 13 at the time Nazis were rounding up all these people and throwing them into concentration camps?

I reject that argument completely. We can't have an honest discussion about immigration if the race card gets thrown around.

There are Hispanics from every country legally living their lives in the U.S., but only one country is primarily responsible for the majority of illegal immigrants.

It's about MEXICO, not LATINO.
Tapper: But I don't care if you criticize him. That's fine. You can criticize every decision. What I'm saying is, if you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.

Tapper: But ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...-trumps-racial-comments-about-judge-trump-un/

Why is it worth noting that she grew up Jewish? Does it make her rant anymore palatable to know that she grew up Jewish? I don't get this line of reasoning. Can you explain it to me?
I think her rants about Nazi conspiracy theories is total bullshit.

But, this brings up a very interesting point. Historically on HROT, according to people like YOU, when the political argument is framed in a left vs. right position, all black people can say "Niggger" because they're black, but no one else is allowed to use the slur? Blacks are allowed to be as caustic toward each other using racial rhetoric as they want. If that is true, then YES, her being Jewish cuts her some slack when she makes anti-Semitic remarks about other Jews. Are you ready to back-track and allow anyone to use niggger now as long as the context is understood and the awareness that blacks can be racist, too?

Now, do a double-standard do-see-do around that.

Please tell me why it's an important distinction that Soros was 14 instead of 13 at the time Nazis were rounding up all these people and throwing them into concentration camps?
Why was it important to say 13 year old boy?

If you watch Soros' interview on 60 minutes, he hardly sounds remorseful or even vaguely upset about what he did. In fact, it's a little frightening just how "at ease" he was with what he did.

Senior WH aide that is supporting an awful president's vile agenda.
C’mon, man. She has handled herself with class. Think what you will with the POTUS, but that is like calling Michelle Obama that because she supports her husband. I mean, that’s wrong. I don’t even care for Hillary Clinton at all and I still wouldn’t refer to her as that.

They both did the exact same thing.

Said something offensive.

Apologized.

One got fired and one did not.
God bless the free market!

Frankly, I had no idea what Ms. Bee did until this happened. I'm certainly not going to defend what she said, either. If she gets fired from whatever it is that she does then so be it. Corporate prerogative, and all.

It was apparent the fallout from Roseanne's comments included the cast of her show as well as other show staff members, implying they would not be able to work with her because of this.

Reactions: txhawk I
C’mon, man. She has handled herself with class. Think what you will with the POTUS, but that is like calling Michelle Obama that because she supports her husband. I mean, that’s wrong. I don’t even care for Hillary Clinton at all and I still wouldn’t refer to her as that.

Not saying I would call her that. But it's dishonest to say all she did was be the president's daughter.

Reactions: Hawk8595
I think her rants about Nazi conspiracy theories is total bullshit.

But, this brings up a very interesting point. Historically on HROT, according to people like YOU, when the political argument is framed in a left vs. right position, all black people can say "Niggger" because they're black, but no one else is allowed to use the slur? Blacks are allowed to be as caustic toward each other using racial rhetoric as they want. If that is true, then YES, her being Jewish cuts her some slack when she makes anti-Semitic remarks about other Jews. Are you ready to back-track and allow anyone to use niggger now as long as the context is understood and the awareness that blacks can be racist, too?

Now, do a double-standard do-see-do around that.
What's this left right argument? When did I ever bring up left vs right? My point, as it always has been, is that what Bee said and what Barr said are in no way, shape, or form the same. You can argue that they are relatable until you are blue in the face, but I'm just not seeing it.

And if you want to argue that what Barr said is at least somewhat excusable because she has Jewish roots, that's your business. I don't agree. I think outright lies based on antisemitism is wrong no matter what your heritage is.

And finally, there is no way I'm getting in a N-word debate with you. If your claims in this thread hinge on the N-word, then I'm bowing out right now.

Strummingham, psychoanalyzing a 60 minutes interview, right, left or whatever is dangerous.

Why was it important to say 13 year old boy?

If you watch Soros' interview on 60 minutes, he hardly sounds remorseful or even vaguely upset about what he did. In fact, it's a little frightening just how "at ease" he was with what he did.
Because he was a kid when it happened. That's why. He was a kid when Roseanne wrongly claimed that he sold off his fellow Jews for spending money.

I have no problem with the language aspect. Oswald could have said “Isn’t that the f***ing BEST!” and it wouldn’t have distracted from his point.

And I don't get it, Strum. On one hand you want to claim that what Roseanne said about Soros is bullshit, but on the second and third hands, you want to claim that it's partially ok because she is Jewish, and that Soros showed no remorse on 60 minutes so it must be partially true. So which one is it? It the claim bullshit, or is the claim at least partially accurate and Soros deserving of it? You seem to be trying to play both sides here. And arguing for all of these at the same time.

Because he was a kid when it happened. That's why. He was a kid when Roseanne wrongly claimed that he sold off his fellow Jews for spending money.
I already said that Roseanne's comments are reprehensible and she deserved exactly what she got.

Tapper: But I don't care if you criticize him. That's fine. You can criticize every decision. What I'm saying is, if you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.

Tapper: But ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...-trumps-racial-comments-about-judge-trump-un/

You expect Trump to get the semantics right while getting grilled by Tapper?

Tapper was the one who said the word "race," not Trump. And he failed to make the distinction.

Coulda been worse. She could have called her a cracker. Right @SIXERS24 ? That’s by FAR the worst thing someone can call a white person.

REPORTED Honky!

So with regards to the above, note the double standard that both posters are applying (with glee).

Now the WH is making official statements about the mean word said about the senior WH aide.

What really gets me about this is Trump has established name calling is okay. He does it. But apparently they want there to be a line where a certain name is too mean. Or maybe, they are just dishonest in their victimhood.

Wouldn't you be all up in arms if Trump called somebody he didn't like a cun+ ?

Wouldn't you be all up in arms if Trump called somebody he didn't like a cun+ ?
I sure would. But that's because his job is to be President. Not be a blue comedian.

If a Conservative comedian would have called Obama a dick or asshole for his drone policy, then that would have been fair game.

They both did the exact same thing.

Said something offensive.

Apologized.

One got fired and one did not.

What's your point. One worked for one TV station and the other worked for a different TV station. I could probably go on CNN and say something and get fired, then move to Fox and say the same thing and get a promotion.

I would like you to do this for me. Go to the south side of Chicago and tell a couple of black people (you can pick, male or female) that they remind you of the Planet of the Apes. I think they might want to give you a big hug.

What's this left right argument? When did I ever bring up left vs right? My point, as it always has been, is that what Bee said and what Barr said are in no way, shape, or form the same. You can argue that they are relatable until you are blue in the face, but I'm just not seeing it.

And if you want to argue that what Barr said is at least somewhat excusable because she has Jewish roots, that's your business. I don't agree. I think outright lies based on antisemitism is wrong no matter what your heritage is.

And finally, there is no way I'm getting in a N-word debate with you. If your claims in this thread hinge on the N-word, then I'm bowing out right now.
The "left-right argument" is your identity. You embody that. You embody it by every virtually comment you ever offer on this forum.

YOU chose to drag in Soros into this argument instead of just acknowledging Bee's comments being inappropriate. Instead, you defended her comments and claimed she should have said that because she's "a comedian." So, my choice to make a parallel by using blacks and the N word was what I chose to illustrate my point. You've backed-down from it. Good. You would have lost that, too.

I agree, her being Jewish DOESN'T matter when it comes to making anti-Semitic comments. It is reprehensible and inconsiderate regardless of what God her parents and grandparents worship. That is exactly why I decided to bring up the N word argument. They are the same and deserve the same parameters of critique. But, you can't take that position because... it goes against your "team's" angle. When you stop portraying the role of hyper-partisan "lefty" poster, I'll stop recognizing you in that way. Until then...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT