ADVERTISEMENT

San Francisco Racist Cops

Omg people are racist! Get the fuq out.

You should write for salon.com

Don't be naive, of course ppl talk like that....

Do me a favor, get your school education and in the mean time while you're in Chi and when you get to New York get a street education too. You'll do well with both.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What exactly is the context here? It says corrupt cops. Do these texts have anything to do with the corruption? I'd like to live in a better world, but, if they are just sending each other racist texts I can't get on my high horse. There are more people than these cops sending much worse.
I guess I'm saying, "So, they are a-holes. What of it". Now, if they were targeting minorities the texts are relevant.

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Do me a favor, get your school education and in the mean time while you're in Chi and when you get to New York get a street education too. You'll do well with both.
Oh sure, people talk like that. I had friends in high school that talked like that. I find it more disturbing that police, who are charged with serving and protecting the community, speak that way. There's a reason why they now have to look at 100,000 cases and examine them for improprieties.

I'm not saying I haven't heard these things (or way way worse), I grew up in Waterloo. I've heard worse from a lot of the older people in the community. I guess I just didn't expect cops to speak like this to each other.

Originally posted by Hy_dro:

You should write for salon.com[/QUOTE]You don't find this worthy of discussion? There is a thread about Obama's MIL "being racist" and curiously you're not in there, calling out any of those posters...

what a San Francisco cop might look like

village%20people%20victor%20willis%20arrested.jpg

Slieb,

I'm not calling it out because none of this matters.

I didn't read the article but if these police in question were still able to preform their duties as public servants then I really don't give two shits. Yes, they are racist assholes but there are always going to be racist douchbags.

For the record actions speak louder than words in my opinion. If these cops specifically targeted black people or failed to help the. Because they were black, yes, I could see the larger issue

Slieb,

I didn't read the article but if these police in question were still able to preform their duties as public servants then I really don't give two shits. Yes, they are racist assholes but there are always going to be racist douchbags.

For the record actions speak louder than words in my opinion. If these cops specifically targeted black people or failed to help the. Because they were black, yes, I could see the larger issue
Right. Which is exactly what they're now investigating.

I'm all for free speech and idiots being outed as idiots. Just also all for the consequences that come with free speech.

This guy obviously was a big enough douche to get convicted on federal corruption charges, and he sends texts like that, well, it's not a stretch to believe that he targeted people due to the color of their skin. When police do that (which we all know that a good number of them do), it's a problem.

I understand the thought, but, when people ignore stuff like this, it's easier for it to keep happening. I'm not sure that talking about it on an Iowa message board will have any affect, but at least, maybe, it will make others reflect on their tendencies.

Besides, it's internet bytes. With all the drivel that gets posted on here (every MSN list ever...), I can't quite understand push back on something like this. But, to each his own.

Originally posted by slieb85:

Slieb,

Right. Which is exactly what they're now investigating.

I'm all for free speech and idiots being outed as idiots. Just also all for the consequences that come with free speech. 

This guy obviously was a big enough douche to get convicted on federal corruption charges, and he sends texts like that, well, it's not a stretch to believe that he targeted people due to the color of their skin. When police do that (which we all know that a good number of them do), it's a problem. 

I understand the thought, but, when people ignore stuff like this, it's easier for it to keep happening. I'm not sure that talking about it on an Iowa message board will have any affect, but at least, maybe, it will make others reflect on their tendencies. 

Besides, it's internet bytes. With all the drivel that gets posted on here (every MSN list ever...), I can't quite understand push back on something like this. But, to each his own.

We obviously both agree that if his racist tirade affected his job performance than yes, he needs to be charged. Guess we have to wait and see.

My biggest gripe with stories like this is racial issues are shoved down people's throats (both sides) everyday from the msm. I just feel the more it's forced the more people hesitate to embrace change. Racial discrimination will always have occurrence in society but as we progress as a society it will become less and less.

For example generations pass away and new ones seem to be less prejudice. It's just an issue of time. Brining any/all stories to light doesn't help the issue in my opinion.

Oh sure, people talk like that. I had friends in high school that talked like that. I find it more disturbing that police, who are charged with serving and protecting the community, speak that way. There's a reason why they now have to look at 100,000 cases and examine them for improprieties.

I'm not saying I haven't heard these things (or way way worse), I grew up in Waterloo. I've heard worse from a lot of the older people in the community. I guess I just didn't expect cops to speak like this to each other.

You don't find this worthy of discussion? There is a thread about Obama's MIL "being racist" and curiously you're not in there, calling out any of those posters...[/QUOTE]
And yet she was exonerated by certain people because maybe she was around people who decades before had been mistreated by whites.

But maybe this officer had been -- or his family --- mistreated by blacks.

One group gets a free pass but the other doesn't. In my book, these are disturbing and overtly racist comments, as were those by Michelle Obama's mother, although somehow the press deliberately avoided those.

I look forward to Slieb graduating from law school and venturing out into the real world.

Originally posted by Guido Sarducci:

You don't find this worthy of discussion? There is a thread about Obama's MIL "being racist" and curiously you're not in there, calling out any of those posters...
And yet she was exonerated by certain people because maybe she was around people who decades before had been mistreated by whites.

But maybe this officer had been -- or his family --- mistreated by blacks.

One group gets a free pass but the other doesn't. In my book, these are disturbing and overtly racist comments, as were those by Michelle Obama's mother, although somehow the press deliberately avoided those.[/QUOTE]
Sure. I don't agree with anything she said. I wouldn't excuse her comments. I also don't find them nearly as interesting as a group of law enforcement officers, regardless of which race is being denigrated by ignorant comments.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:
I look forward to Slieb graduating from law school and venturing out into the real world.
I already was in the real world, for about 9 years.

I was Paul Ryan before he was cool. Left school to work for a big corporation before graduation. Worked my way up to middle management and realized it wasn't for me.

And mark your calendars. May 8th I move to New York and won't have time for this place until mid-August. You can say whatever you want with a much lower chance of getting called out on it.

freedom-braveheart.jpg

"Racism" a word that is being mis/over used since 1965. It's a cop out and basically allows certain members of our society to get away with even murder.
It must be nice to have a word you can always scream rather than looking in the mirror and seeing where the real problem lies.

Originally posted by jerryusc:

"Racism" a word that is being mis/over used since 1965. It's a cop out and basically allows certain members of our society to get away with even murder.
It must be nice to have a word you can always scream rather than looking in the mirror and seeing where the real problem lies.
So are these cops not racist then?

I know this is BAU in the south, but some of us have evolved.

I was Paul Ryan before he was cool. Left school to work for a big corporation before graduation. Worked my way up to middle management and realized it wasn't for me. 

And mark your calendars. May 8th I move to New York and won't have time for this place until mid-August. You can say whatever you want with a much lower chance of getting called out on it. 

freedom-braveheart.jpg

Meh, getting called out for things I say hasn't really phased me before. I doubt it will whether you're here or not.

I already was in the real world, for about 9 years.Â

I was Paul Ryan before he was cool. Left school to work for a big corporation before graduation. Worked my way up to middle management and realized it wasn't for me.Â

And mark your calendars. May 8th I move to New York and won't have time for this place until mid-August. You can say whatever you want with a much lower chance of getting called out on it.Â

ec

Meh, getting called out for things I say hasn't really phased me before. I doubt it will whether you're here or not.
Posted from Rivals MobileA
I'm not really talking about you. You're not a neo-con mouth breather who only spouts FoxNews tidbits, nor are you a joel-esque leftie wacko who regurgitates threads from the democratic underground. You generally post normal stuff.

You have a problem with this thread? Fine. I thought it was an interesting story, and somewhat surprising. You don't agree. We'll both live.

You seem to be irrationally upset by this thread. But, meh. Whatever.

ec

Posted from Rivals MobileA
I'm not really talking about you. You're not a neo-con mouth breather who only spouts FoxNews tidbits, nor are you a joel-esque leftie wacko who regurgitates threads from the democratic underground. You generally post normal stuff.

You have a problem with this thread? Fine. I thought it was an interesting story, and somewhat surprising. You don't agree. We'll both live. 

You seem to be irrationally upset by this thread. But, meh. Whatever.

Meh, you should post a pic of a teacher sexing a student, it usually cheers ppl up. Remember tho..... Male teacher = gross and Female teacher = hot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT