ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders: everybody is sick and tired of Carson's damn book!

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday blasted media reports questioning the veracity of Ben Carson’s autobiography.

“I think it might be a better idea — I know it’s a crazy idea — but maybe we focus on the issues impacting the American people and what candidates are saying, rather than just spending so much time exploring their lives of 30 or 40 years ago,” Sanders said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

The Vermont senator, who’s running for the Democratic presidential nomination, said there is plenty of room to criticize Carson on the issues.

“When you look at Dr. Carson, to the best of my knowledge, this man does not believe that climate change is caused by human activity,” Sanders said. “This man wants to abolish Medicare, impacting tens of millions of seniors. And this man wants to give huge tax breaks to the rich.”

Sanders said the American people have become turned off from politics because of how the media cover elections.

"The people want to know why the middle class of this country is disappearing,” Sanders said. “Why we have 47 million people living in poverty, why we have massive income and wealth inequality.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/259495-sanders-media-attacks-on-carson-unfair

It was a different story on the same subject. Don't really know if they were talking about the same interview.

Anyway, my thread title was better, so there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT