ADVERTISEMENT

Sandfort was Awesome

Of course, his play today was merely against the #9 team in the nation in the BIG championship game, so pump the brakes a bit. :)

Like I said 6 weeks ago, Sandfort can play and should be part of the rotation . . . which, BTW, went TWELVE deep in the first half today. How awesome was that?

Love, love his play - sorry to say this, but I think he is better than Weezy at this point.

That would be good...he might stay 4 years vs Weezy 3...I think Weezy was a year old for his class.

I think Sandfort is better pure shooter than Weezy, and Sandfort can go to his left which Weezy never
was able to show left hand finish. Weezy the better athlete and better rebounder. I don't recall Weezy being much of a defender---never took it to heart. Sandfort looks to be a more willing defender.

I like Sandfort's upside, but you never knows how much a player will improve during off season. I would never have guessed Garza's sophomore to Jr jump, or Keegans Freshman to Sophomore jump.

Sandfort has grown a lot through the year. He rushed a lot and was thinking before everything at the beginning. He's reacting now, and that was in the league championship. He's come a long way, and Iowa really needed him.

I said it early in the season, and I'll say it again. This is a relatively young, inexperienced team. They really came together. The sky is the limit!. Makes the future look bright!

That would be good...he might stay 4 years vs Weezy 3...I think Weezy was a year old for his class.

I think Sandfort is better pure shooter than Weezy, and Sandfort can go to his left which Weezy never
was able to show left hand finish. Weezy the better athlete and better rebounder. I don't recall Weezy being much of a defender---never took it to heart. Sandfort looks to be a more willing defender.

I like Sandfort's upside, but you never knows how much a player will improve during off season. I would never have guessed Garza's sophomore to Jr jump, or Keegans Freshman to Sophomore jump.
Sandfort is no slouch as far as rebounding goes either though!

Weezy was a starter from day one and was expected to carry some of the load. Sandy is surrounded by more experience and the expectations are lower, but I think his upside is huge. This tourney experience is going to pay dividends down the road...

Looking forward to watching him the next 3 years...hopefully. Great shooter, heads up defense, follows the ball, rebounds well, dribble wells for a small forward. What can't he do? Had a great game today against Purdue. Hope he keeps getting better.

Supreme confidence. Fearless. Great size and length. Plays decent D.

And what a sweet shot.

And guess what? His brother, Pryce, is projected to be even better.

The present & future looks very, very bright.

Has a good fade too. When he squares up he is money. He can get to the rack too. No question he'll be a good one. Should play starter minutes next year even if he doesn't start.

Reactions: BBHawk
Not drawing a global comparison but that first three was tightly guarded, launched with confidence at an arc that couldn't be blocked. Kinda resembled another big blond guy with AC/DC Big Balls.

We have basically four forwards that all do about everything from well to great. Payton fits well with those other three. Very versatile.

The three with a hand in his face and the drive to the hoop were both big time plays

For him to show out on this stage says a ton about what his future holds
This. It wasn't just what he did but the stage he did it on, considering he had been struggling a little lately. Onions..Time to dance Hawks.....

Reactions: unoHawkeye
love his shot but also really impressed with his nose for the ball- gets to a lot of rebounds and rarely has the ball ripped away from him even though he doesnt look that strong.

Reactions: 24 so far

He is more aggressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT