ADVERTISEMENT

Sandfort

Yes, I think if Sandfort played a bunch he might just end up shooting 25% from 3...that sometimes happens to Freshmen. However sometimes Freshmen catch fire like Mike Gatens did as Freshman....they just need PT. I don't see anyone else on the squad that is a pure shooter and capable of making 3's at high level. This team needs 3 point shooting at high level to get it into NCAA.
At a minimum, opposing teams know that he’s there to shoot and would have to get a hand up. Maybe not have the opposing centers matched up on him either

And I am not so sure Connor is really a better passer. Payton made a really nice pass inside the other night. How many assists does connor have? Wait, I looked it up. If Connor played 10MPG like Payton, he would have 1.2. Payton has .8. How many touches does Payton have? It seems like teammates kind of ignore him at times.
Connor is a better passer but he's not being defended so he is not a more effective passer.

You can't do much in the way of effecting the game positively on offense if you're not being defended and you're not going to shoot.

About all you can do is set screens and try to rebound.

Last couple of years I defended CMac because he was an excellent post feeder to Garza. This year we have no post presence, CMac can’t shoot, and he is slow on defense. I just don’t see why he is getting minutes at all.
And last year the opponent couldn't put their 5 on him because their 5 had to be on Luka.

At a minimum, opposing teams know that he’s there to shoot and would have to get a hand up. Maybe not have the opposing centers matched up on him either
Well yeah, the opposing 5 isn't going to go stand out at the 3 point line with Sandfort.

I disagree. Peyton is a better shooter than Connor, for sure but Connor is better in every other phase of the game. Shooting is important but it is only one aspect of performance.
They are very close in most categories, but Payton is a way better shooter. One guy is a true Frosh, while the other a 5th year Senior. I'd imagine Payton would be way better with more playing time too.

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT