ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, I am not going

I believe the OP was sharing his frustration and obviously accepted the personal financial implications

Goodbye GIF

Until there is a change at QB, my seats will be empty. I hope thousands of others join me. Make it so obvious that even Barta notices.

If Petras were a sophomore, then I could see why Kirk is playing him. Maybe... Assuming he truly is head and shoulders above the others "in practice". But Spencer is a 5th year senior?!
Crap. Kirk is going to give him a Covid year!?!

Play for the damn future.! Petras has lost all confidence. He looks like Vandenberg during his senior year. Begging Kirk to bench him with his body language.

Gary Barta needs to have a meeting with KF. Ask him one question; Kirk, if you were to pick the next coach at Iowa for the near future, who would your top 5 picks be? Non-current staff only.
Gary, I have not given it much thought.
That's OK Kirk, have me a list by next week.

...Dreaming of a Barta with balls...
Where are your seats located at? They have to be better than what I’ve got this weekend for seats so this way I can sit in yours.🙂

It’s true the University already has your money from the ticket sales, but empty seats do result in less concessions revenue as well as lower merchandise sales.
And the only people that hurts is the groups that rent the space to sell items that make less profit for them not the university.

Does the OP understand we are two games into the season? I get Petras has looked terrible...and the OL looks worse, but improvement happens during the first 6 weeks. We are a really young team still and I think this looks much different in a few more weeks. That being said...our defense is going to have to be incredible for us to be 3-1 going into the Michigan game...and I'm not exactly thinking Michigan is a good match up at this point for Iowa.

For these first two games...we have young OL players playing against pretty veteran fronts. They will get better pretty quickly once they trust their fundamentals and get accustomed to game action. That being said...I'm concerned KF may be too tied to Jones at center. He's a converted DT and he's looking like one...expecting him to be Linderbaum isn't realistic. I think they should be rotating at center too...and I'd like to see Elsbury or Myslinski get reps this week.

Eh, there are so many fat asses that he's really just doing a favor to those people in his row so they can actually sit comfortably... probably won't even be able to tell nobody showed up. I love Kinnick but it's flat out ridiculous how tight they squeeze you in there in the east and west stands

It would be interesting to go back the last 12 years or so and see how often this same theme has been posted. I am in no way trying to be disrespectful of your thoughts, but, why do you think this year would be any different than every other year a thread like this has been posted
I don’t. I know it’s the same ‘ol story. I just was commenting that I understand the OP’s wanting to express and do something about his frustration. And that it actually would matter if enough people did it, which I do believe to be true.

also, just wanted to call Mahomes guy out for being a d!c?. Too much of that on here.

Reactions: WSC72
That’s borderline child abuse! I’m guessing your 4 year old would have more fun at church.

She does have fun at church but she loves Hawkeyes. She loves to wave to the kids and make them feel better because of it. She cheers for the Hawks and wants them to win but will be happy sitting by me and eating ice cream or other food. It's more than football.

It would be interesting to go back the last 12 years or so and see how often this same theme has been posted. I am in no way trying to be disrespectful of your thoughts, but, why do you think this year would be any different than every other year a thread like this has been posted
This is somewhat true. However, NEVER have we had the absolute worst offense in the country. And it isn't even close, over 75ypg. Yikes!

Saturday would be the best time for us to play someone who KF considered, and stated, basically tied for the starting QB position just a month ago.

She does have fun at church but she loves Hawkeyes. She loves to wave to the kids and make them feel better because of it. She cheers for the Hawks and wants them to win but will be happy sitting by me and eating ice cream or other food. It's more than football.
Well then buy her a ticket ya cheap ass😆. Gotta be some great deals on the secondary market

This is somewhat true. However, NEVER have we had the absolute worst offense in the country. And it isn't even close, over 75ypg. Yikes!

Saturday would be the best time for us to play someone who KF considered, and stated, basically tied for the starting QB position just a month ago.
And he might. We will know a lot more in a few days

I have had season tickets for 43 years. Maybe I should invest in another past time. That is how bad I feel of the situation.
We are coming off a 7 year period of great success in Hawkeye football and you are going to whine because the season isn't starting out the way you want ? Sounds like a piss poor fan to me.

Nope. Not selling tickets either. Not Fichigan. None. Until there is a change - or at least a rotation - at QB.
Fool. Might as well make some money while you waste your time protesting.......

Btw, just remember for the rest of you........some people paid hundreds of dollars for tickets to the ISU game because of "demand". F***ing ridiculous (how they generate ticket prices for Iowa compared to the rest of the f***ing COUNTRY).

Just sayin.

I will be there, don't want to miss this potential disaster on offense again. It is amazing to see how bad the offense is in person
I really want an excuse to get back down to Iowa City for the first time since 2015..........but Iowa is gonna need to convince me it is worth spending my money.

Until there is a change at QB, my seats will be empty. I hope thousands of others join me. Make it so obvious that even Barta notices.

If Petras were a sophomore, then I could see why Kirk is playing him. Maybe... Assuming he truly is head and shoulders above the others "in practice". But Spencer is a 5th year senior?!

Play for the damn future.! Petras has lost all confidence. He looks like Vandenberg during his senior year. Begging Kirk to bench him with his body language.

Gary Barta needs to have a meeting with KF. Ask him one question; Kirk, if you were to pick the next coach at Iowa for the near future, who would your top 5 picks be? Non-current staff only.

Bye. Enjoy pissing in the wind, and trying to keep dry. It will have the same effect....

What's sad Is I find myself dangerously close to the apathy stage at this point.
Painful to realize our team is being held hostage by a stubborn ass HC that refuses to adapt to the changing landscape in college FB. Nothing will really change until KF hangs it up. Until then we will flounder on the edge of mediocrity/bad, with an occasional surprise season. It will be virtually impossible to get talented offensive skill players in here if this sh!t show continues. The more KF digs in the more he sets us back....I would just recommend not caring as much. That's pretty much where I am anymore.

You just don’t get it.
What great success? Seriously. Who have we really beat in that period. Even the 2015 year we beat nobody. It’s an extremely padded resume that has lined KFs pockets and will set us back a decade once it runs its course.

Beat Mich in 2016 which overall was a bad year. Beat OSU in 2017 then fell apart. Beat Miss St in bowl game in 2019, probably best season in last years. Entire time have been extremely boring to watch, we can do better

What great success? Seriously. Who have we really beat in that period. Even the 2015 year we beat nobody. It’s an extremely padded resume that has lined KFs pockets and will set us back a decade once it runs its course.

Beat Mich in 2016 which overall was a bad year. Beat OSU in 2017 then fell apart. Beat Miss St in bowl game in 2019, probably best season in last years. Entire time have been extremely boring to watch, we can do better
This is "the argument" I always find amusing. "Set us back" a decade you say? So in his time as HC and coach Fry's before him Iowa has fairly consistently been a top 20-25 team. Two or three times a decade a top ten team. In the last decade Iowa has won more games then all but EIGHT other teams in college football. Of course you've analized the schedules of all other D1 teams to bolster your statement that" We have beaten no one". You do realize the irony when saying we'll be "set back a decade" , when its the success of the man your bitching about that we'd be falling back FROM, correct, or are you to blind to see it? You do realize that its the success of coaches fry and KF that we now judge as what is Iowa's place in college football? Other then a few years under Evy, and back in the 20's when there were few true power teams in college football, playing an entirely different game, Iowa has been a wasteland on the gridiron. The last 4 plus decades have for the most part been the golden age of Iowa football consistently. Its that current place which has been set by these two men.

As I have continued to point out to no avail the "lining KF's pockets" is a stupid argument which is moot. He is not paid disproportionately with the job he's done. Don't believe it then compare his pay to those teams with more or less wins the last decade, and his tenure which is relevant. You can't expect teams that change coaches every three years to pay as much as guys who have had success for many years. And he's not paid based on whats going on the last several weeks. It doesn't work like that for him or anyone else in his profession...

Reactions: KatoHawk

GB and KF wont give 2 shites if your already paid for seats are empty. Stop buying season tickets (and note on your email why) and they will notice.

You’re going to miss all the fun. $15 parking, $10 beers, stale popcorn, seating made for somebody with half an ass, pop spilled on your back, farts from every direction and an offense that can’t find its ass with both hands. You might want to think twice.

Agree, you don't want this to be your 4-year old's introduction to football. Be careful or he/she might take up soccer or hockey just so they can see more points being scored.

A- she was at the SDSU game.
B- she loves soccer and yes, her team scored more goals tonight than the Hawks did.
C- she picked up a hockey stick, hit a puck and said "Daddy, I'm great at hockey... sign me up."

Multisport Hawkeye fan. I love my girl :)

In all seriousness, she will be a dancer: (

The tickets are paid for yes. And if his two are the only seats empty, then it would indeed be like throwing a cup of water in the ocean.

but, if say 25,000 people did this, then you can bet your a$$ someone would take notice. I realize that wouldn’t happen, but it would be effective if it did. Tickets purchased or not.

so, while you love to get up in the morning and start calling people names to make yourself seem witty, (it didn’t work) OP is just expressing his frustration the best way he knows how, and I don’t blame him.
If 25,000 people didnt show up it would be obvious on TV, there would be a lot of lost revenue on hot dogs, expensive soft drinks, alcohol, etc.

Someone wanna tell OP that he paid money for the tickets and that Barta is thanking him for the money? OP, you do understand that you are a moron, correct?
You do know they rely on concessions as well. Even season ticket holders tend to buy food and/or drinks. So if enough decide not to go and also not sell tickets, Bart’s will still feel some hit in the pocket book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT