ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, I am not going

hawktech

HR All-State
Aug 6, 2002
Until there is a change at QB, my seats will be empty. I hope thousands of others join me. Make it so obvious that even Barta notices.

If Petras were a sophomore, then I could see why Kirk is playing him. Maybe... Assuming he truly is head and shoulders above the others "in practice". But Spencer is a 5th year senior?!
Crap. Kirk is going to give him a Covid year!?!

Play for the damn future.! Petras has lost all confidence. He looks like Vandenberg during his senior year. Begging Kirk to bench him with his body language.

Gary Barta needs to have a meeting with KF. Ask him one question; Kirk, if you were to pick the next coach at Iowa for the near future, who would your top 5 picks be? Non-current staff only.
Gary, I have not given it much thought.
That's OK Kirk, have me a list by next week.

...Dreaming of a Barta with balls...

Until there is a change at QB, my seats will be empty. I hope thousands of others join me. Make it so obvious that even Barta notices.

If Petras were a sophomore, then I could see why Kirk is playing him. Maybe... Assuming he truly is head and shoulders above the others "in practice". But Spencer is a 5th year senior?!

Play for the damn future.! Petras has lost all confidence. He looks like Vandenberg during his senior year. Begging Kirk to bench him with his body language.

Gary Barta needs to have a meeting with KF. Ask him one question; Kirk, if you were to pick the next coach at Iowa for the near future, who would your top 5 picks be? Non-current staff only.

On the plus side the fat asses who sit near you will have more room to stretch out. Another 70-thousand people won't care if you are there or not.

Last edited:
Other than evaluating and developing individual oline and TE potential there really isn't anything Kirk does well with the offense and even those are falling off. I feel bad for those who threw down good money for this shit show, I don't blame anyone for sitting it out.

My sister wasted a day taking my nephews to the opener from Des Moines and then turned down free tix for ISU. Wise move. Torbee's triathlete who can't swim analogy was perfect

I will be joining you…doubt it will do any good…but I need a week or two break. Traffic was a nightmare last week after the game, it’s not worth it for that dumpster fire of an offense and QB play.

Someone wanna tell OP that he paid money for the tickets and that Barta is thanking him for the money? OP, you do understand that you are a moron, correct?
The tickets are paid for yes. And if his two are the only seats empty, then it would indeed be like throwing a cup of water in the ocean.

but, if say 25,000 people did this, then you can bet your a$$ someone would take notice. I realize that wouldn’t happen, but it would be effective if it did. Tickets purchased or not.

so, while you love to get up in the morning and start calling people names to make yourself seem witty, (it didn’t work) OP is just expressing his frustration the best way he knows how, and I don’t blame him.

The tickets are paid for yes. And if his two are the only seats empty, then it would indeed be like throwing a cup of water in the ocean.

but, if say 25,000 people did this, then you can bet your a$$ someone would take notice. I realize that wouldn’t happen, but it would be effective if it did. Tickets purchased or not.

so, while you love to get up in the morning and start calling people names to make yourself seem witty, (it didn’t work) OP is just expressing his frustration the best way he knows how, and I don’t blame him.

It would be interesting to go back the last 12 years or so and see how often this same theme has been posted. I am in no way trying to be disrespectful of your thoughts, but, why do you think this year would be any different than every other year a thread like this has been posted

I support the Hawks financially and in person as much as possible. I can only make it to 2-3 games a year because I am retired and have a small cattle operation her on the Oklahoma-Texas border.

My wife, her friend, her sister, and her cousin are all going this weekend (I've got too much going on). Of course my daughter will be in the student section.

I'm not going to let Petras or my frustration with the Ferentzs ruin my appreciation for watching the Hawks at Kinnick.

It’s true the University already has your money from the ticket sales, but empty seats do result in less concessions revenue as well as lower merchandise sales.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
What if there is a change and that Qb doesn't play well? Then what do you do? Plan C?
Cross that bridge once we get there IMO. Kirk keeps saying "we have full confidence in Alex, etc, etc..." Well, give the kid a chance then! As stated here many times, there was a certain 'pep in their step' at NW when Alex came in, I noticed it immediately. The steps were quicker, drops were more crisp, playcalling resulted in roll out passes and completions only Spencer could dream of. Was Alex perfect? Nope? Not expecting it, but AT LEAST you give Alex a shot, he's a scholly QB who would be playing at any other school given the putrid performance we've seen the first two games and dating back to last year.
You are basically telling future recruits that unless they are a 4th year QB there is no chance they will ever play regardless of performance unless there are injuries. Well, you know too because our awesome offense is as complex as the human genome.

Neighbor offered me his tickets this morning. 32 years of season tickets and he thinks it will be more fun to go fishing than to go to the game. I don't get it but I do I guess. I'm sure somebody in our hood will take them and go and enjoy being there. Kinnick is a great place!

Congrats on trying to justify OP paying for something that he will no longer be using, LOFL.

You are only not going because it is Nevada. You will be back for the Michigan game. It's okay to admit it.

Thanks, you do you. I enjoy watching football, regardless of the current putrid offense, and getting together w/family and friends several times a year at our alma mater

Best decision I made was not renewing my season tickets! I’ve stated numerous times that Gary Barta is the problem. You don’t keep extending a coach’s contract when you’re not getting the results on the field!
I bet a lot of you are now finally waking up! If you want change stop buying tickets! That’s the only way Barta will ever pay attention!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Don’t worry. There will still be plenty of people to boo, complain about holding on every play, and claim you have super powers for predicting 1 out of every 50 play calls.

What if there is a change and that Qb doesn't play well? Then what do you do? Plan C?
yep-best.gif

Reactions: hawktech
ADVERTISEMENT